Old Oak Common latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    How can we hit cargiant where it hurts? In the pocket. Any actions we can take as a fanbase to threaten their revenues if they continue their current course of action? Boycot cargiant - if qpr fans do it and pass on negative reviews to others, anyone think this will impact them in anyway and force them to reconsider? Reading the minutes this stadium is vital to us as a club. Cargiant selling for a reasonable price does not impact them either. They need to stop being so greedy!
    Here they are, in case anyone missed them: http://www.qpr.co.uk/documents/suppo...64-2995792.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Don't Powerday own a huge chunk of it. They own london Irish rugby club as well iirc.
      They own land on the N side further West from CG, some of that land is in the plan. I think they were looked upon favourably by the Mayor and TFL as they proposed to utilise the canal for transporting rubbish etc, ie taking tonnage off the road. If this ideal remains, P'day stay and development goes ahead it will be interesting to see how comfortably a giant waste distribution centre fits in with the shopping malls etc. London Irish are currently bottom of the prem......
      Last edited by hal9thou; 11-03-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

A couple of things don't quite add up about this:

1) The OP is presumably a leaked e-mail - an email apparently sent to those who attended the Consultation Committee meeting. I attended the meeting but never received any such email.

2) The minutes from that meeting (which I've posted above) were released to the public. Therefore why wasn't CG's statement also a public one?

Both issues seem underhand IMO and just make me more suspicious about the way CG are approaching the whole matter. Poor PR by them.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          The fact that Tony is a multi-millionaire would suggest that he's more successful than the MD of a company like Cargiant
          #### me I have read it all now.. This is the same MD / Chairman that lost 200 million whilst running us!

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
            some interesting tweets from a local journalist...

Rob Brennan ‏@RobBrennan82 40 minutes ago

My understanding is Cargiant have offered to sell #QPR land elsewhere in w London but it would just be for a stadium. #QPR want houses etc

Rob Brennan ‏@RobBrennan82 40 minutes ago

#QPR have definitely looked at land on other sections of OOC but some of that land is very, very expensive. Where the banks will end up...

Rob Brennan ‏@RobBrennan82 2 minutes ago

I do think #QPR will get a new stadium. I'd imagine I'll be well into my 40s when it opens & really couldn't say where it will be built.

https://twitter.com/RobBrennan82
            I'll be dead by the time we get a new stadium. We'll still be at Loftus Road (unfortunately) 25 years from now, long after TF and Co. have left. Best we can hope for is a new training ground in the forseeable future. We may ironically have even given Mendes and Co. the motivation to look seriously at developing OOC along with other parties in the first place. But our owners want a major development (not merely a stadium) for financial reasons.

Comment

But they are not going to get that development, sadly. Any rich Arabs or Russians want to buy us please?? Roman, aren't you bored with Chelsea, mate?

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                But they are not going to get that development, sadly. Any rich Arabs or Russians want to buy us please?? Roman, aren't you bored with Chelsea, mate?
                No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                  #### me I have read it all now.. This is the same MD / Chairman that lost 200 million whilst running us!
                  Geoffrey Warren owner of Car Giant is worth £400M http://www.driving.co.uk/news/news-2...-sunday-times/ Tony Fernandes is worth $230M (£160M) http://www.forbes.com/profile/tony-fernandes/, so actually Warren is more successful than Fernandes in cash terms

Comment

Taken from a QPR group on facebook

Originally posted by Stuart Trotter
                    They ain't gonna get this over the line, trust me.......They've pissed off Car Giant with dirty tactics in the early stages of negotiations & now CG aren't willing to talk. Me & Tony Mendes set up the Car Giant sponsorship deal 10yrs ago & being ex senior management there I know the club is flogging a dead horse with this, So ask yourself why they're keep just pushing on with this?? Maybe to appease us fans........Maybe they should get things right on the pitch first then build a stadium...Car Giant own pockets of land everywhere around that area, the QPR board are about to step on a property minefield if they keep going with this. It will ultimately cost the club (actually us!!) telephone numbers to oust Car Giant from their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                      His brother Derek talks more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        Was it not something like £50k they they paid to sponsor us when we were desperate for cash no respect for them

As Stan says about minutes CG are playing sully game here or as said previous they know their screwed

Comment

From what I understand its not the stadium thats the problem.

Its all the added extras that Fernandes wants around the stadium which will make him mega bucks thats the issue.

Comment

It's business, and a pretty big deal at that. Of course all sides are going to jockey for position and spin this and spin that. I find the hostility to CG amusing. When and if the money is right everyone will be old pals, meanwhile both sides will deliberately try and manipulate opinion. Same old.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                              But you are on an obssesional crusade to get rid of the current owners so what would be your ideal scenario?

Oh and I am still waiting for your apology from you claiming that I posted that Rangers77 never attended games when I posted no such thing or anything like it in fact
                              Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                              You stated that those who are critical of the current regime online rarely if ever attend matches. I pointed out the stupidity of this claim, then Rangers77 reinforced that by pointing out that he attends matches regularly despite being critical of how things are run. So if anyone should apologise in this situation, it is you for your rash statement.
                              QUOTE Kirill "Oh, be quiet. If Isleworth says you don't go to matches, then that is the truth. Whom would I rather believe, a respected member like him or a nobody like you?"

Not that Beefy needs anyone to fight his corner, but you clearly owe him an apology. No breath holding anywhere mind you
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                http://mobile.qpr.co.uk//news/articl...m-3000872.aspx

If you want it, do something and support it.
                                never going to happen. not with that sorry bunch organising it all.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X