• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waste of a shirt. Never an end product.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      Waste of a shirt. Never an end product.
      Except for the 5 goals and assist that he's gotten this season right? He ain't the solution to all our problems, but he's a decent enough player and honestly, if people think 20-25k is a lot of money in the current football climate, they are really really off the mark.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        if people think 20-25k is a lot of money in the current football climate, they are really really off the mark.
        There has been plenty of talk from Les & Fernandes this year about a new way forward for the club regarding player recruitment as well as possible FFP implications. Giving Hoilett another contract on that sort of money does not fit any plans. Nasser is probably on about 7k a week or so and fits into the sort of setup we are trying to build.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Except for the 5 goals and assist that he's gotten this season right? He ain't the solution to all our problems, but he's a decent enough player and honestly, if people think 20-25k is a lot of money in the current football climate, they are really really off the mark.
          Totally disagree. 20-25 k is still a lot of money in the championship.

We shoudl be able to attract plenty of decent players for around 10-15 k imo and that within our means.

If we are going to give a player a 20-25k a week salary it should be for someone pretty special at this level and Hoilett is not special at all. His assits record in 4 years is abysmal as his his goals scoring record.

Comment

Does anybody actually know what sort of salaries our new players are getting?

Comment

Man alive - I know it's utterly commonplace but it still stops my breath to think about it: young men, almost kids sometimes, earning more money in a week than most of us earn in a year. So when they fail to deliver the huge expectations that we place upon their callow shoulders, we - some of us - get angry, we call them wasters, leeches, lazy mercenaries. But it's not them, really is it? Their flaws are just absurdly magnified in the crazy goldfish bowl of modern football. It's not actually their fault, is it? Perhaps we are envious of their lives, but they rarely have any means of seeing things objectively, for they are on the inside of goldfish bowl, not outside it like we are. Junior Hoilett always seems like he's trying to me - I feel bad when people berate these young men, pour scorn upon them, curse them. They're just young men plying their trade. What a crazy world we live in.

Comment

I have been one of his biggest critics, almost everyone was so excited when we signed him from Blackburn, he has been mostly average to poor here with the odd good spell mixed in! I wish I knew the answers, I suspected the big 4 year contract he signed took away some of his hunger and desire, guys like Charlie Austin mention no one tries harder than Junior so who knows why he hasn't worked out but I am sure he will be moving on, I can see a move to Toronto FC as they have been moving some cap space around and JH has expressed a desire to play in MLS at some point in his career!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

He did have a lot of injuries when he first came which probably can't help, plus the constant change of managers and players. I think the club should offer him a one year contract with a similar salary to the other players.

Comment

15k with end of season perfotmance bonus if successful.

Comment

Don't be fooled that he has upped his game for anything less than he knows he needs to find employment in the summer.

Get the performances out of him while we can then get rid as soon as that timer on his contract runs out.

Comment

Here's a question and please excuse my ignorance, I should know this: All of our wages are quoted in pounds per week where in North America they are expressed in $ per season, are the UK wages based on the whole 52 weeks per year or just the active season?
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

It's worked out weekly mate. So 52 weeks is right,

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            It's worked out weekly mate. So 52 weeks is right,
                            Cheers Kevin!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

On another wages note it's reported that the ##### that is Adam Johnson earnt 3 million in the time he got arrested up till he went to court and was found guilty.

Comment

£15k max imo. I'd rather we kept him but if he wants more than that, jog him on.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2