Junior Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Hoilett

One of the players revitalised under JFH is Junior Hoilett. We all know that his contract is up this Summer. I do not know what is planned for next season, however, certain players that are being so influential this term, must be tied up. Maybe a new 2 year contract on lower terms? He maybe on some 40k a week, however, we should offer half that amount. After all, Barton was on 80k a week and when released and joined Burnley instead, there's not doubt that he signed for much less money that when he played for us. I hate to see Junior leave and then join another Championship side for half what he is currently earning with us.

If hoilett accepts a 20-25k contract, keep him here for sure.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

If he would accept a sizeable pay cut then, yes, useful player at this level for sure.

If not, then see ya later Junior.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        10k more like and I'd begrudge that to be honest. 25k for a bog standard champ player? I may be wrong and look forward to being corrected, but wasn't Austin in that pay bracket?

Comment

Put your toe up his @rse on the way out

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
            10k more like and I'd begrudge that to be honest. 25k for a bog standard champ player? I may be wrong and look forward to being corrected, but wasn't Austin in that pay bracket?
            Pretty sure he (Austin) was offered double his salary to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Put your toe up his @rse on the way out
              That's an absolutely $hit thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post

Club would be mental to offer him 20/25k. 10k for another year with an extension if he plays enough games.

Comment

Ain't it funny how players up their performance in the last year of their contract?

Comment

He will go to a better team if for no other reason than his previous reputation. Wouldn't rule him out staying, if we did want him, but think very unlikely.

Has the ability but not worked for him here. Shame for him and us.

Would like him to stay as seems to have settled under JFH and very much a confidence player. Playing for a car crash club under various managers recipe for disaster with a player like him although has to take a chunk of responsibility himself.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Are you joking Naseer, 20-25 k a week.

The blokes bled the club dry for 3 and a half years with the most abysmal performances. All of a sudden comes to life when his contract is up.

He still lacks the real ability to produce a final ball and you think he's worth 20 - 25 k a week in the championship. Do me a favour.

Fresh start at the club and people like him should be moved on. Would start Naser over him everyday of the week.

Comment

Ever since he got here he's looked complacent, too comfy.

Doubt he'll hang around here for lower wages. Could choose a club in a less physically demanding league on the continent or go for a payday in the American League.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          Are you joking Naseer, 20-25 k a week.

The blokes bled the club dry for 3 and a half years with the most abysmal performances. All of a sudden comes to life when his contract is up.

He still lacks the real ability to produce a final ball and you think he's worth 20 - 25 k a week in the championship. Do me a favour.

Fresh start at the club and people like him should be moved on. Would start Naser over him everyday of the week.
                          not sure that's entirely true... i seem to remember that he had a brief purple patch at the beginning of the season when we were last in the championship. leslie was supposedly interested in taking him to stoke and everyone on here was screaming hands off - purple patch didn't last so long to be fair though.

i'm not sure we should offer anyone £20-25k a week anymore... £15k seems a more sensible top wage (with promotion bonuses), if we're serious about living within ffp. given that he's canadian, i wouldn't be surprised if he headed off to somewhere like toronto if no one offers him big wages in europe.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                            Ever since he got here he's looked complacent, too comfy.

Doubt he'll hang around here for lower wages. Could choose a club in a less physically demanding league on the continent or go for a payday in the American League.
                            I think this is what will happen.

He will probably join that other useless, leeching piece of cr&p at Red Bull New York.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                              not sure that's entirely true... i seem to remember that he had a brief purple patch at the beginning of the season when we were last in the championship. leslie was supposedly interested in taking him to stoke and everyone on here was screaming hands off - purple patch didn't last so long to be fair though.

i'm not sure we should offer anyone £20-25k a week anymore... £15k seems a more sensible top wage (with promotion bonuses), if we're serious about living within ffp. given that he's canadian, i wouldn't be surprised if he headed off to somewhere like toronto if no one offers him big wages in europe.
                              It is entirely true. He's been pony. He runs with the ball like a headless chicken and rarely delivers any type of decent cross.

How anyone can say he hasn't been a disaster for QPR is beyond me. Short memories because he's slightly upped his game fro three months to get a move away or to rape us for another big contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X