X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    les and his analyst are incharge of transfers
    Freudian or Jungian? ;)

Of course Les has a big say in player business dealings, and anyone agreeing to manage us would have known that they had to take that on board.

I still think the whole DoF thing was a mistake for that reason. In a way JFH fans should feel frustrated too, since it is absolutely clear that he is not being given free rein. All of which is a consequence of the madness that preceded it.

However, it could also be that the arrangements in situ somehow work out. There are signs that lessons are being learned in terms of tactics, selection etc etc. I'm not confident, but I am hopeful.

Comment

I agree Jimmy Floyd's job isn't any easier working under a DOF which I also think is wrong for the club but I hope fans take this into account when the blips appear
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 02-03-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Leicester spent a lot of money to get promoted in the 1st place then retained most of their squad and bought wisely this summer
        What did they spend to get promoted then and on who?

Vardy was a million I think, with Mahrez about £350k?

Ulloa was signed once they were up. Simpson came from us because Redknapp is clueless. Albrighton was just a player that was struggling to get into what we thought was a poor Villa team. Little did we realise just how much poorer they were going to get, but then they signed such wonderful stars such as Lescott and Sinclair.

Not for one moment suggesting that we will suddenly become all conquering. Just fed up with people who constantly moan for the sake of it. We all know the board, previous managers and the players have let us down. Moaning won't correct the problems, working hard and correctly just might.

Comment

Also, this confirms that les and his anslyst are incharge of transfers. So much for judging jimmy when he has his own squad.
          It confirms absolutely nothing of the sort. Nowhere does it say that, so once again that is your own preconception.

If you've paid attention, what has been stressed all along is that JFH first targets the positions we are short in. Sometimes he has a particular player in mind too. Les and the analyst would then target players in that position who are within the club's budget and present the list to Jimmy. But JFH is the 'manager', not the 'head coach'. At no point would a player be forced on to him that he would not be happy to sign. It's a collaborative process and decision between the three of them.

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          not knocking this plan but it's not all plain sailing
          No one's ever claimed it would be plain sailing. Les even makes that plain in the interview and always has done.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            It confirms absolutely nothing of the sort. .
            Agree, but the whole reason Les was appointed was as a kind of filter to keep the lid on the worst excesses of the recent past.

I think it would be very naive to suggest he is not involved in transfer biz at a substantial level. But.... it could all work out. Personally I'd go with JFH's call over Les, and I believe as long as the business terms are approved (ie the money is right) the final say should always be with the guv'nor. But I'm old fashioned.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Personally I'd go with JFH's call over Les, and I believe as long as the business terms are approved (ie the money is right) the final say should always be with the guv'nor. But I'm old fashioned.
              The final say would be with the guv'nor in that, as I say, no player would be forced on Jimmy if he was not also happy with the player being added to his squad - even if the player was within budget, in a position we were short in, and the player was happy to sign.

Comment

Ok, have read it and so we wont be going for promotion next season either.

More league 1 and league two signings because ffp.

building for the future... which means forget about the present.
                So how long yntil we have reached the future so we can expect a lromotion push?
                Is being in line with FFP not a good thing? Personally couldn't care less how long it takes us to go back up as long as we don't have fines/embargos hanging over us.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Is being in line with FFP not a good thing? Personally couldn't care less how long it takes us to go back up as long as we don't have fines/embargos hanging over us.
                  I agree, FFP is not ideal but mainly because most teams ignore it. Sometimes when they ignore it, it works because they go up and manage to stay in the premiership. However in the majority of cases it doesn't work because the team either doesn't get promoted or gets promoted and isn't good enough to stay in the premiership.

Comment

only a complete tw*t could moan at LF for this report.....step forward Krill!

Comment

Football is big business FFP stifles business , if a bilionaire buys a corner shop he is free build that into a chain of supermarets and thats called good business yet a billionaire cant spend HIS money to get his business promoted unless slowly does it over a period of years buying and selling numerous players on the way

Comment

Ok, have read it and so we wont be going for promotion next season either.

More league 1 and league two signings because ffp.

building for the future... which means forget about the present.
                        So how long yntil we have reached the future so we can expect a lromotion push?
                        Why does it mean no promotion push? Look at Birminghams team for example, they could get play offs with a team full of dross.

Comment

I do think many people completely misunderstand the point of a DOF.

The average tenure of a manager in England is 1.23 years .. Usually that involves new players and staff etc. I think that 1.23 could be massively reduced with our fans.

A DOF is employed for a much longer period and thus offers an element of stability regards players and staff which stops the baby being thrown out with the bath water.

The club also now have to work within FFP which I think many ignore and those same people moaned when the owners threw money at the club.

I think there are some that no matter what happens will find something to b!tch about and has little to do with our manager, DOF, Players or owners.

EDIT: the average tenure for a championship manager is only .86 years...who cares about stability?!?
                          Last edited by Awin; 02-03-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X