Les Ferdinand: Due diligence is key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Ferdinand: Due diligence is key

QPR Director of Football Les Ferdinand explains the on-going work taking place ahead of summer transfer activity …

I hope some will at least READ his quotes BEFORE jumping straight onto this thread with all their preconceived notions!!

Article at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/le...qUzBp33p8zi.99

The last 2 summer transfer windows I think most, but not all, were happy with the business we did. It is only with hindsight that maybe it didn't work out the best for us.

I agree that every transfer at every level is a gamble, look at some of the #### Man U. bought in under Ferguson. Good sign that we are looking already and hopefully with a better pre-season programme we should improve for next season but then every club I am sure is thinking exactly the same.

Comment

All these tasks Les is performing, were they also performed by a DOF at JFH's previous club?
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
        All these tasks Les is performing, were they also performed by a DOF at JFH's previous club?
        Who cares how other clubs operate? We have our structure and way of doing things, and from the article I'm happy to let Les crack on

Comment

My issue with signings, is that we let some players go that would have helped us. I think that Richard Dunne would have been good enough for another season. If we had played with him and Hall, and then Onouha and Perch at the start of the season, I don't think that we would have been letting in 3 goals a game.
          How much would Barton have cost for another season? I doubt Burnley are paying a crazy amount (I could be wrong!), but as we were gambling on a promotion push by keeping Phillips and Austin wouldn't it have made more sense to keep players we knew to make us a better side? I am not criticising the players brought in, but feel that at times the fans haven't been informed why some players were kept (Clint Hill) and others let go (Richard Dunne)
          Last edited by Southport; 02-03-2016, 01:27 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

Comment

Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
            Who cares how other clubs operate?
            Those who want to understand whether JFH is likely to be as successful here as he was there.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Nothing new in this we all knew T F spent his boll@x trying to make the club run before it could walk , Now as L F says we shop at lower league clubs because of FFP .
              Really the most damning thing in this is FFP fair play ffs whats fair about it ! the prem looks after the big boys interests by making it all most a closed shop for the top ten any of the bottom 8= 10 run the risk of becoming a yoyo at best or run the risk of being bankrupt by the football league due to FFP and the effects of embargoes

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                QPR Director of Football Les Ferdinand explains the on-going work taking place ahead of summer transfer activity …

I hope some will at least READ his quotes BEFORE jumping straight onto this thread with all their preconceived notions!!

Article at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/le...qUzBp33p8zi.99
                Ok, have read it and so we wont be going for promotion next season either.

More league 1 and league two signings because ffp.

building for the future... which means forget about the present.
                So how long yntil we have reached the future so we can expect a lromotion push?
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Also, this confirms that les and his anslyst are incharge of transfers. So much for judging jimmy when he has his own squad.

When this goes t1ts up next season i hope les is first to be booted out.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Well I take it you hung around long enough to see our first successful tilt in years in 2011, so maybe you can enjoy the process this time with a modicum of sanguinity? What's the rush to get promoted anyway? Surely better to build solid foundations first so we don't do another massive yo-yo?

Comment

I honestly can't see this manager getting anything but better, and any better than he has done so far will equate to promotion/play offs.

Comment

Absolutely mate.

T'was obvious to everyone when Leicester appointed their joke manager and players nobody rated or had ever heard of that another relegation battle was forthcoming.

Good job nobody forced the players and fans to believe that, instead let them get on with doing the best they could. As it stands, I think they'll finish top half, but let's not fool ourselves in thinking they may qualify for Europe.

Comment

It's ok talking about laying down foundations for the future that makes sense ' but there is then there is problem of holding on to the players that have created the foundation ,
                          the longer you stay down the more likely you will need to sell to balance the books ect also
                          you get the added problem that the lower league players you have nurtured into some
                          sort of quality want to move on themselves, not knocking this plan but it's not all plain sailing

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Absolutely mate.

T'was obvious to everyone when Leicester appointed their joke manager and players nobody rated or had ever heard of that another relegation battle was forthcoming.

Good job nobody forced the players and fans to believe that, instead let them get on with doing the best they could. As it stands, I think they'll finish top half, but let's not fool ourselves in thinking they may qualify for Europe.

Their recruitment has been outstanding TBF . I just can't see us emulating it !!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Absolutely mate.

Leicester spent a lot of money to get promoted in the 1st place then retained most of their squad and bought wisely this summer

Comment

Working...
                              X