I miss Adel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
    Qatar/ Saudi Arabia would be a a good place for him to play football.
    Not QPR's fault that he couldn't/ can't be arsed.
    Exactly, let him go and do what he wants there and just play his game. Saudi has a fairly competitive league and he can have some fun playing his way.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Few of points from comments:

1. I can't stand 'Arry but Adel did play a number of games under him so not entirely fair to say he never got a crack under him.
      2. People talk about respect. Should work both ways but how many times did Adel disrespect the club, not good enough for him etc? Wouldn't get/stay fit, sulked.
      3. Ultimately the one person responsible for Adel's demise is Adel.

have some great memories of Adel but lets move on. He is a 26 year old lard rarsed has been and his career been on a downward spiral for a while now. Benfica was a fantastic opportunity, and a surprising one, and he managed to fark up virtually within minutes of arrival. I'd be surprised if he got another one and even more surprised if he did anything with it.

We are better than Adel. Better to look back with some fondness and accept that longer term it didn't work out.
      We are better than Adel? So who is playing in attacking positions for us at the moment: Seb Polter, a quite promising lad from League One, Jamie Mackie and Matt Philips (who at times this season has looked less interested than Adel ever did, but he doesn't get a tenth of the stick for it). Can you honestly say that if Adel came on after 70 mins of another dull 0-0 (or with us 3-0 down) it wouldn't boost you a bit and you wouldn't be thinking, just maybe, he is the one who can deliver that little bit of magic that might change things? Or do you honestly think Jamie Mackie is more likely to turn a game? Genuine question.

As for attitude, we knew what that was like before we even took him on loan - if a player with his natural ability had a decent attitude he would never even have come to a club the size of QPR.

I like to see my club a) win and b) entertain. If it can't win I at least like to watch some pretty football. But we are all different. Some maybe do go to football to watch the likes of Mackie and Karl Henry. I just always thought that one of the characteristics of QPR was that it had a wayward genius who was worth the entrance money. Look how Leicester have made use of Maerez, a player once dismissed as an Adel-like waster, but correctly managed he has turned out alright hasn't he...?

Comment

#SaveUsAdel

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          We are better than Adel? So who is playing in attacking positions for us at the moment: Seb Polter, a quite promising lad from League One, Jamie Mackie and Matt Philips (who at times this season has looked less interested than Adel ever did, but he doesn't get a tenth of the stick for it). Can you honestly say that if Adel came on after 70 mins of another dull 0-0 (or with us 3-0 down) it wouldn't boost you a bit and you wouldn't be thinking, just maybe, he is the one who can deliver that little bit of magic that might change things? Or do you honestly think Jamie Mackie is more likely to turn a game? Genuine question.

As for attitude, we knew what that was like before we even took him on loan - if a player with his natural ability had a decent attitude he would never even have come to a club the size of QPR.

I like to see my club a) win and b) entertain. If it can't win I at least like to watch some pretty football. But we are all different. Some maybe do go to football to watch the likes of Mackie and Karl Henry. I just always thought that one of the characteristics of QPR was that it had a wayward genius who was worth the entrance money. Look how Leicester have made use of Maerez, a player once dismissed as an Adel-like waster, but correctly managed he has turned out alright hasn't he...?
          I meant as a club we are better than one sulky individual who has a penchant for stepovers and losing possession.

I can honestly say the sight of lardy boy blowing out of his 'arris getting nowhere near the ball would not boost me a little. The Adel of old would but that is the past. Is 26 but might as well be 46. I seriously doubt Adel would add anything which is a depressing indictment of just how far he has fallen.

Agree about Phillips. Fantastic crosser and should be murdering this division but drifts in and out and simply doesn't look engaged.

Comment

Good post mate, and to James the OP: don't let the naysayers wear you down. Taarabt has always divided opinion on here but ALL views are equally valid whether for or against. Opposing views will be disagreed with but not shouted-down.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Good post mate, and to James the OP: don't let the naysayers wear you down. Taarabt has always divided opinion on here but ALL views are equally valid whether for or against. Opposing views will be disagreed with but not shouted-down.
              I think at the end of the day, if we could have the adel from 5 years ago where he was consistently dangerous, consistently effective, then I wouldn't ever dare turn him down. Instead, what you have is someone who has been to two of the top clubs in europe historically and hasn't even motivated himself to lose a few extra pounds of weight. We all want the most talented individuals, the most amazing football, but at times, there is a payoff and unfortunately, coming across someone who has his talent and with a better desire to improve himself as a person and player is nigh on impossible. Instead, you have to get a balance and unfortunately Taarabt wasn't balanced enough to validate his time here. I wish him all the best but not for me.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Problem with all of this mate is that he's been given every chance to sort his act out and has consistently failed. If you read Warnock's book, it's actually a minor miracle that he managed to motivate Adel enough to see the season through.

For me the minimum expectation for a professional footballer these days is that they turn up fit and in condition to do their jobs. I know people will point to Stan Bowles, Rodney Marsh, George Best and other flawed geniuses of the past but football is different these days. If a players attitude is that bad that he can't eat a sensible diet and get himself to bed on time in order to be fit to do the job he is paid an obscene amount of money to do then I'm afraid there is no future for them, regardless of purple patches in their past!

Comment

Cheers Stanley. Thought debate on here was pretty fair and do understand why people don't want to see him back. I've always liked Mavericks and to me qpr needs the odd maverick.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    Cheers Stanley. Thought debate on here was pretty fair and do understand why people don't want to see him back. I've always liked Mavericks and to me qpr needs the odd maverick.
                    I think we might have a new one in Nasser. I hope we do because he certainly doesn't seem to shy away from defending as much as I thought he would.

Comment

Thanks Stanley. I understand why fans don't want him back in the condition he is now. I am just surprised how dismissive a number of fans can be about his entire career when some of us are simply grateful for his giving us more entertainment than just about any player since the days of Roy Weagerle. I personally haven't found much to excite me about Rangers for the last couple of years but accept fans admire different things about football. Rangers77 I know is a massive fan of Clint for his battling qualities and I respect that and realise every team needs those characters - it just isn't fundamentally why I follow football or support Rangers.

Comment

We miss you big man. Get back to loftus road and save us from this crap.

Comment

Never a fan with all the Adel loving, but couldnt help but think we need a player like that after watching Knockaert play. A bit (a lot) of Skill/creativity etc
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

where or what is fat boy doing now,cant even find him on fifa 17 .
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Hes not interested and hes hung his boots up guys. I know someone who managed to get his contact details and pranked him few weeks back. They ended up chatting on the phone and he's said that Adel was a top top fella and they chatted away with him but was clear hes earned his money and happy with his feet up

Comment

In the situation we are in atm, we surely cannot have much of a choice. Bringing back Adel on loan until the end of the season will help the cause. As things stand we are heading to Div 1 and nothing that I saw so far under Ollie can make me change my mind. Six defeats and one goal has relegation written all over it. We're doomed and we need some quality, very good quality to change things around. I take Adel, even if he is half fit. One good run every ten minutes will bring something for sure. There's no comparison between him and the likes of Polter, CW, Sylla, Chery and the rest. They don't even are as good as Adel even if half fit!

Comment

Working...
                                X