I miss Adel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
    He never played for Inter. Yes he had his moments of discontent but i think the writing was on the wall for him ever since Redknapp became our manager. No matter how committed or fit Adel was or could have been i don't think Redknapp would have picked him as he clearly didn't like him and he made that clear when he was Tottenham's manager. Just a shame he never had the drive and determination of Ronaldo or Messi. I think he has has a very bad agent who has done him no favours and dare i say it he could of even been suffering with a form of anxiety and depression. Something has to be wrong with his thought process to have had so much potential but to have thrown it all away in such dramatic style. I think he needs help not criticism.
    Pretty sure i saw a clip of him scoring for inter.

Comment

It's not Adel I miss, it's the 2010/11 season as a whole I miss. Our eleven played for each other and it was an exciting season with promotion.
      I have to go back to 1982/3 for my favourite season watching the R's.
      I live in hope that the remainder of this season produces some good football for us.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
        Pretty sure i saw a clip of him scoring for inter.
        Wrong one, ac
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Good thread James.

One of the things that turned me off this forum quite a bit was how quite unbelievably disrespectful so many fans are about the most skilful player by a mile to have worn the hoops for 30 years or more.

But hey, Jamie Mackie is welcomed back with open arms.

Gives me no pleasure to say it, but some fans really do deserve the crap they get to watch these days.
          The anger some seem to have for him is odd. Responsible for getting us up and then scored 2 vital goals in must win games against Spurs and Arsenal the next year. It was because we went to the Prem that we were able to attract likes of Charlie Austin to take us up the second time and of course the highest wage bill in the league!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Wrong one, ac
            Yeah AC

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
              I loved the geezer, He was fantastic at times but believed in his own hype. He thought he was a lot better than he was. Never done it at Prem level. It's a shame to see what has happened to him know but tough titty. He has no one to blame but himself.
              Don't necessarily agree about him not doing it at prem level. He had some fantastic games in the pre, against some top sides. His problem was consistency.

He's wasted his talent now, but I do see where the OP is coming from and I loved Adel. For all his tantrums, he is the sort of player you pay your entrance fee to see. Everytime he got the ball you were on the edge of your seat wondering what he might do. Rather be paying to see that than Jamie Mackie chasing everything day tbh. Obviously somebody like Adel will never have a Mackie-like attitude, but it's just a shame Adel didn't have a slightly better attitude, just enough for him to realise he need to knuckle down a bit more. Could have been an unbelievable player, but will no doubt end up a show pony out in Qatar or something.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

My feelings regarding Adel are a bit the same as my feelings about Warnock. Having any of them back would be like a shot of drugs - instant reward, feeling good for a brief moment, short spell of enjoyment.

However, once the warm fuzzy feeling goes away (be it a month, 6 months or a full season), we will wake up and smell the coffee. And the coffee smells like we've wandered down the road of short term fixes rather than doing what is best for the long term sustainability of the club. Sound familiar?

I have great memories of the 2010/11 season, but that is exactly what is is - memories. Adel could cut the mustard for the 2010/11 season, some of the 2011/12 season and for a loan spell at AC Milan in 2014. So out of 8-9 years as professional footballer, he has performed well for 2 seasons in total. The rest he's poured down the drain himself, because his talent and ego are twice the size of his professionalism.
                QPR since 1993
                WATRB since 2015
                First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Surely no one could miss him with that big fat Ar$e of his big enough area for anything to hit??????

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    Surely no one could miss him with that big fat Ar$e of his big enough area for anything to hit??????
                    Lucky I was sitting down when I read that.....

Comment

Few of points from comments:

1. I can't stand 'Arry but Adel did play a number of games under him so not entirely fair to say he never got a crack under him.
                      2. People talk about respect. Should work both ways but how many times did Adel disrespect the club, not good enough for him etc? Wouldn't get/stay fit, sulked.
                      3. Ultimately the one person responsible for Adel's demise is Adel.

have some great memories of Adel but lets move on. He is a 26 year old lard rarsed has been and his career been on a downward spiral for a while now. Benfica was a fantastic opportunity, and a surprising one, and he managed to fark up virtually within minutes of arrival. I'd be surprised if he got another one and even more surprised if he did anything with it.

We are better than Adel. Better to look back with some fondness and accept that longer term it didn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                        He never played for Inter. Yes he had his moments of discontent but i think the writing was on the wall for him ever since Redknapp became our manager. No matter how committed or fit Adel was or could have been i don't think Redknapp would have picked him as he clearly didn't like him and he made that clear when he was Tottenham's manager. Just a shame he never had the drive and determination of Ronaldo or Messi. I think he has has a very bad agent who has done him no favours and dare i say it he could of even been suffering with a form of anxiety and depression. Something has to be wrong with his thought process to have had so much potential but to have thrown it all away in such dramatic style. I think he needs help not criticism.

Think it might be some truth in this. Besides, if Warnock(his father figure) was given enough money to strenghten his squad before he got sacked , I think this sad story about one of football´s greatest talents ever will have ended differently.I do also think QPR would still would have been in the prem.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Why would it have anything to do with last game? Just because we lost to Fulham, I don't think it's end of world but I also didn't think we were world beaters after Ipswich (unlike some). The squad depresses me. I think it's pretty poor, bottom half of championship standard in my view. I hope I'm wrong and hopefully we have a strong finish to the season.
                          No-one thinks we're world beaters after beating Ipswich - People just said it was promising.
                          Well unfortunately James we're a bit tight on the ole purse strings at the moment and are moving in a different direction as a club when it comes to looking at players. Bottom half of the Champ this season perhaps but from now on its about building a young team and NOT throwing money at the situation every season yo-yo'ing up and down. I think some fans need to start to grasp at this fact.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                            I think the end of AT at QPR was more telling of how the club acted than the individual IMHO.
                            That 2010/11 team was too quickly dismantled ...following promotion general euphoria followed including getting in premiership ready players like Barton and SWP on ridiculous wages and long contracts, plus talk of 40000 stadium ..the old guard was discarded.
                            We as a small club had unearthed a gem with AT and any interviews I saw he truly loved us, lot of talk at the time in the press but any first hand accounts were always favourable. Joey was given the armband and a £80k p/w salary and AT was on what £15kp/w and stripped of the captaincy. Things just got worse ....
                            All hypothetical as AT did always appeared to want to play for a bigger team but I thought back in 2011 we should have concentrated on galvanising the team that got us up and try to push the club forward around players like AT that got us up rather than mercenaries and failed/injured/lastpayday premiership players. Whatever we thought about AT he must have looked bemused at players coming in like Luke Young on £35k p/w.

This.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Don't necessarily agree about him not doing it at prem level. He had some fantastic games in the pre, against some top sides. His problem was consistency.

He's wasted his talent now, but I do see where the OP is coming from and I loved Adel. For all his tantrums, he is the sort of player you pay your entrance fee to see. Everytime he got the ball you were on the edge of your seat wondering what he might do. Rather be paying to see that than Jamie Mackie chasing everything day tbh. Obviously somebody like Adel will never have a Mackie-like attitude, but it's just a shame Adel didn't have a slightly better attitude, just enough for him to realise he need to knuckle down a bit more. Could have been an unbelievable player, but will no doubt end up a show pony out in Qatar or something.
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Qatar/ Saudi Arabia would be a a good place for him to play football.
                                Not QPR's fault that he couldn't/ can't be arsed.

Comment

Working...
                                X