"The new qpr"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    Nice Goebbels reference Kirill...perfect for a football forum.
    Spin is spin, equally revolting whether someone is in charge of it nationwide or just in a football club.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Like the comment about Hoos being a promising sign of rebuilding -- I agree.

Let's look at what's happened this season.

First, we go with a rookie manager and hope the players who look "good on paper" perform. That doesn't work.

Second, Austin and Phillips don't immediately jump ship, we recruit formerly solid veterans, and think this will give us a playoff shot. That doesn't work.

Third, we hire JFH and expect a quick turnaround under a manager with a recently hot record. That's not working.

So...let's get real.

TF and Les should state the obvious: we're pointing to next year, and building a new and consistent club that's full of fight and promise.

JFH gets more of the players he needs, from the lower leagues and loans from the upper, that's full of youth. No more Perch, Konch and Henry starting almost every game. Start the Kpekewas, Furlongs, Robinsons, et alia, and see what we've got.

All tell the fans this is their plan, and they're sticking with it. Then project a new attitude about the club the fans can rally around: we're the underdogs who will overachieve, the young studs who never give up,. the team that win or lose leaves the opposition exhausted and bloodied.

Then, the fans will get back into this club all over again, instead of moaning about even showing up to see shiite football.

The future is there. Let's go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        With the weekend now gone, qpr first team were smashed 1-3 at home to the cants. the u21s were beaten 5-4 by bristol city, u18 also lost and the qpr ladies got ablitorated 7-1 to fark knows who.

is this the new qpr tony speaks of?

who is overseeing all this shyte? les, ramshyte, the board, who the fark is responsible.

i think its only fair we name start asking questions. jimmy floyd is not the problem here.
        Weird things to use against TF. The u21s lost by a single goal, oh noes! These are training games played at snail's pace. I'd like a better youth system too but these things don't get better overnight; most of our current u21s would have joined under Flavio years ago. We aren't magically going to grow La Masia in a year. Get a grip.

I look forward to a similar post by you congratulating TF next time the women and U21s win a game.

Comment

To be clear: TF is still awful, the worst chairman in our history by far. But one week's results across ladies + youth teams isn't much of a stick to beat him with. Try spunking £300m and ending up a division below with only one valuable playing asset, no improvement to training ground/infrastructure, no progress on the stadium, while becoming one of the country's most disliked clubs.

Add the latest QPR Ladies result to the pile if you must. But bear in mind they won 4-0 the week before...

Comment

Many former TF fanboys on here are finally catching onto how awful the club has been run over the past four years, at the point things seem to be turning round. Hence there being a bit of a lag – TF, Les and co getting grief for stuff that peaked 2011–14

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              With the weekend now gone, qpr first team were smashed 1-3 at home to the cants. the u21s were beaten 5-4 by bristol city, u18 also lost and the qpr ladies got ablitorated 7-1 to fark knows who.

is this the new qpr tony speaks of?

who is overseeing all this shyte? les, ramshyte, the board, who the fark is responsible.

i think its only fair we name start asking questions. jimmy floyd is not the problem here.
              It is so easy to throw shyte around, isn't it Hitman?
              It takes more to point on what should be done. And your solution is?

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                To be clear: TF is still awful, the worst chairman in our history by far. But one week's results across ladies + youth teams isn't much of a stick to beat him with. Try spunking £300m and ending up a division below with only one valuable playing asset, no improvement to training ground/infrastructure, no progress on the stadium, while becoming one of the country's most disliked clubs.

Add the latest QPR Ladies result to the pile if you must. But bear in mind they won 4-0 the week before...
                Worst chairman cos he's wasted his own money or worst cos we are in the championship.?
                If for isntance your mate spends say 200 quid on a pair of shoes cos he don't care about wasting his money, does that bother you, and he's a mate. Why does it bother you what some stranger spends and wastes his money on, that's what I don't get. And it's an honest question, no sarcasm.

Comment

Not sure you can compare Fernandes's reign to any other chairman anywhere! It's been a rollercoaster to say the least!

If you're going on fact and figures, he has been an awful chairman with so many mistakes its unreal BUT if you are going on fan communication and relationships with us then he is undoubtedly one of the best IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Why does it bother you what some stranger spends and wastes his money on, that's what I don't get.
                    Because true fans are emotionally and fiscally invested in the product Kevin. So naturally their interests/passions become inextricably linked with the "stranger's".

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      Whether you 'buy into it' or not, it is a fact of life
                      just because you've experienced something doesn't make it an empirical fact. The experience of others is equally valid and may not coincide with your findings.

Just sayin ;)
                      Last edited by hal9thou; 16-02-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Proper k ants

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Because true fans are emotionally and fiscally invested in the product Kevin. So naturally their interests/passions become inextricably linked with the "stranger's".
                          Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Worst chairman cos he's wasted his own money or worst cos we are in the championship.?
                            If for isntance your mate spends say 200 quid on a pair of shoes cos he don't care about wasting his money, does that bother you, and he's a mate. Why does it bother you what some stranger spends and wastes his money on, that's what I don't get. And it's an honest question, no sarcasm.
                            I'm struggling with that analogy. Really struggling.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                              Let me help you, i don't give a fark what anyone but my missus spends or wastes money on, not my mates or people in the pub, nobody. And even less some rich bloke I've never met and never will meet. Does that help?
                              So when people go on about the 250/300 million he's spent, bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                                Reminds me I need a new pair of trainers.

Comment

Working...
                                X