No announcement yet.

Part ex for Phillips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to think McManaman was rather good when at Wigan but he hasnt really pushed on. If he can get anywhere near early form he would be a good player otherwise I would prefer just the cash even if it is a bit less say £6.5.

Comment

Make it happen!

McManaman is an upgrade on Philips, a proper footballer. Been sidelined at West Brom because they play anti-football.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
        Make it happen!

McManaman is an upgrade on Philips, a proper footballer. Been sidelined at West Brom because they play anti-football.
        The lads got abit of passion which I love. Also when on form he's awesome, fast and direct.

Comment

Trust me. Underrated winger, he's got technique and intelligence.

Philips has been good in patches for us but is nothing special. Only 12months left on contract in the summer too.

Comment

I would say they play antic football

Comment

Never liked McManaman since his Wigan days and that tackle against Newcastle, he , Whelan and Martinez lost a lot of respect during that episode but he is a decent player when in the right frame of mind and certainly similar standard to Phillips, who has been so disappointing this season.

Comment

Don't think anybody has said it comes from the sun so we can give this one a blank

Comment

If the swap suits us finance wise then why not, he might be great for us, worth a gamble imo.

Comment

Don't know much about his attitude but at Wigan he was a proper player. We could be a chance for him to start again. I'd take him with £4m in a shot.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      If the swap suits us finance wise then why not, he might be great for us, worth a gamble imo.
                      Haven't we gambled enough? Time to steady the ship. Phillips is a good player, perhaps the best crosser in the Championship. Feeds the Polt. Always fit and ready to play. I would offer him a new contract. Keep him!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        Haven't we gambled enough? Time to steady the ship. Phillips is a good player, perhaps the best crosser in the Championship. Feeds the Polt. Always fit and ready to play. I would offer him a new contract. Keep him!
                        Logic has finally been spoken. Phillips is a proper winger, does his job and does it so well.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Yeah but he wants the premiership, out of our hands if they come with money
                          Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 28-01-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            Isn't it a gamble offering him a new contract? I'd take 2m plus player. Not sure philipps is worth 7.5m

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              Isn't it a gamble offering him a new contract? I'd take 2m plus player. Not sure philipps is worth 7.5m
                              A Phillips who wants to be here after signing a new contract is a phillips worth keeping. His end of season run last year shows me enough to know that if he has a settled future, he is going to be a fantastic winger.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Logic has finally been spoken. Phillips is a proper winger, does his job and does it so well.
                                We're in no position to turn down good money for our players. He will be off or off in 18months for zilch.

If u havent seen him recently he's the guy looking like he's ready for his holidays and bottling challenges. He's a good player but hes off.

Comment

Working...
                                X