Part ex for Phillips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Isn't it a gamble offering him a new contract? I'd take 2m plus player. Not sure philipps is worth 7.5m
    Not at all, a player we know. Like money in the bank. If he just would like to stay with us.
    Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 28-01-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Logic has finally been spoken. Phillips is a proper winger, does his job and does it so well.
      No way can we turn down 7.5 million for a player that is so replaceable we could probably spend half of that for a player of similar quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        No way can we turn down 7.5 million for a player that is so replaceable we could probably spend half of that for a player of similar quality.
        Look at his cross for Austin's goal against Wolves, or his multiple deliveries this season and last which have led to goals. Tell me if that talent is replaceable at this level or above unless you are a top 6 Prem side.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Look at his cross for Austin's goal against Wolves, or his multiple deliveries this season and last which have led to goals. Tell me if that talent is replaceable at this level or above unless you are a top 6 Prem side.
          Not doubting he has a good cross on his because he does. But he's replaceable simple as. 12 months left on his contract in the summer so could have another Austin situation on our hands. Why haven't the club offered him a new contract and are looking to cash in? Probably tells us he wants to leave to play Prem football.

Comment

Of course it is replaceable...can even be improved upon!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
              Not doubting he has a good cross on his because he does. But he's replaceable simple as. 12 months left on his contract in the summer so could have another Austin situation on our hands. Why haven't the club offered him a new contract and are looking to cash in? Probably tells us he wants to leave to play Prem football.
              Honestly don't see enough players in the top two divisions (outside the big 6 obviously) with the delivery talents that Phillips has. Far too many of them are focussed on just getting past players and then having a poor delivery. Phillips has the whole package, can beat a man, stunning delivery, height and physicality and plenty of pace to burn. If we want a worse player, sure we could cash in and get someone who is a lower to mid table championship player. But the club wants to be in the prem and we need players who can do that. Matty stands out to me as the best option and is therefore IMO not particularly replaceable at this price range from this nation.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Honestly don't see enough players in the top two divisions (outside the big 6 obviously) with the delivery talents that Phillips has. Far too many of them are focussed on just getting past players and then having a poor delivery. Phillips has the whole package, can beat a man, stunning delivery, height and physicality and plenty of pace to burn. If we want a worse player, sure we could cash in and get someone who is a lower to mid table championship player. But the club wants to be in the prem and we need players who can do that. Matty stands out to me as the best option and is therefore IMO not particularly replaceable at this price range from this nation.
                You seem to rate him very highly, which is fair enough. He's pacey but hardly goes past players (Van La Parra showed him up on that), got a great delivery ill give him that. He doesnt even get a sniff in the Scotland squad and you are pretty much rating him one of the best wingers outside the top 6? No chance.

Comment

Shooting is shocking too. Once in a while hits a belter but misses more than he hits

Comment

Would be a great deal. I like Phillips but if any truth in this, it would be a good deal for us. We get IMHO a better winger than Phillips and 4 mil in the bank to spend elsewhere.

Comment

Naz, you obviously rate him highly and I usually agree with what you write but I find him quite frustrating. He has never seemed to achieve what he is capable of to me.

Comment

a whopping 4 Assists in 29 league games in a poor Championship League.

Goes missing way too much in games, rarely beats his man and a lot of his crosses end up on a defenders head. He can hit a great cross now and again but for someone who is meant to be that good he barely has 1 good game in 6 at Championship level.

The guy basically isn't that good. Would seriously cash in if someone is offereing it up.

Comment

What's with all the Phillips bashing?? He's too good to be at QPR
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I would say Phillips level is a struggling premier side like Aston villa, not consistent enough puts gloves on when it's mild a big fairy IMO, if we can get 7-8 million that's got to be sale off the century, where's Nicholas parsons when you need him
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                              What's with all the Phillips bashing?? He's too good to be at QPR
                              On the occations I have seen him play for my club on telly this year, he doesn´t even try to do the basics right. Not sure he wants to be here at all.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                                a whopping 4 Assists in 29 league games in a poor Championship League.

Goes missing way too much in games, rarely beats his man and a lot of his crosses end up on a defenders head. He can hit a great cross now and again but for someone who is meant to be that good he barely has 1 good game in 6 at Championship level.

The guy basically isn't that good. Would seriously cash in if someone is offereing it up.
                                He is good when he wants to,IMO.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X