am i the only one who likes jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was at Arsenal as a youngster.

More recently a permanent member of the Bristol City squad, struggling to get a game.

Says it all for me. Looks like we gave him the benefit of the doubt but our judgement proved to be lacking. Again.

Comment

Talented player who was clearly above League 1 without applying himself too much.

I reckon the distractions of London and the pay rise he undoubtedly got have something to do with things going wrong.../ You know he'll never make it as a top/Prem player so he's just enjoying life I guess, picking up his cheque. Not surprising in retrospect.

Comment

#### Efan Ekoku

Comment

strange how i see so much more in a player who under the right manager could really do well bit like warnock and adel it sometimes takes a special kind of gift to get players to play and when we sell him i will be sad because i believe in him
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
            strange how i see so much more in a player who under the right manager could really do well bit like warnock and adel it sometimes takes a special kind of gift to get players to play and when we sell him i will be sad because i believe in him
            Adel only worked for that one season because Warnock let him run wild. Was a strange set of circumstances that usually wouldn't arise.

With JET not written him off but obviously something has happened behind the scenes otherwise he would be involved, particularly given our lack of striking options.

Comment

I want to see him get fitter first. One week after warming up on the sidelines he was knackered, sweating and walking back to get a drink. He is a great option with his throw ins late in the game plus can actually deliver a ball ok and can clearly finish.

Comment

I think JET is decent, I really rate him. People might object to his playing style, but when he's been fit he's had some cracking games for us, anyone remember the Bolton game? I'd rather put him on than Mackie.

Comment

Hes a big old lump of a geezer and players like him because of their size need to play week in week out to maintain there sharpness playing from the bench won't get the best out of him but the counterargument is has he done enough to dictate he is a starter

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    People calling him lazy, what is this based on? Media speculation that he is lazy in training?

When he has played for us I think he has worked hard and put himself about and done well (barring Forest in the cup as I can't comment, didn't go). Going purely by what I have seen on the pitch I quite like him, he won me over tbh as I didn't want him at all when we signed him.

HOWEVER, if (big if) the rumours of him being a lazy sod and not being overly fussed if he plays are true then I would rather he wasn't at the club tbh, we have had way too many such spongers in recent years and we don't need any more.
                    He was an absolute ####ing disgrace at forest. Lazy half arsed ##### performance. Couldn't be arsed to make a tackle he was certain to win. Wanted to run on the pitch and kick the ####er up the ####. ��

Comment

He's ok. I think he deserves a run in the team tbh.

He does look disinterested at times, but that doesn't actually mean he is. Might just be his demeanor.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                        I think JET is decent, I really rate him. People might object to his playing style, but when he's been fit he's had some cracking games for us, anyone remember the Bolton game? I'd rather put him on than Mackie.
                        So why is he seldom fit? A very young player should be the first one to look after himself in that respect,IMO.
                        To me it seems like we have signed a new version of Adel Taraabt. I hope he will prove me wrong, obviously.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          So why is he seldom fit? A very young player should be the first one to look after himself in that respect,IMO.
                          To me it seems like we have signed a new version of Adel Taraabt. I hope he will prove me wrong, obviously.
                          Why is he seldom fit? That's a really good question, we generally seem to have a fitness problem at the club and rarely play a consistent team, which I think is part of the problem. These new players aren't getting the chance to play regular first team football. I think he's got a better attitude than Taraabt, but just needs to get himself into shape. I mean no disrespect to Mackie, but I mention him because he's an enthusiastic but fruitless player. I'll always get behind him, but I think JET gets a hard time. That's just my opinion on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X