What Fer has to say..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Fer has to say..

Won't let me post the direct link, but can paste what's been said.

Fer: I’m happy to stay at QPR... I’m getting back to my best now

10:00 21 January 2016 By Sean Gallagher, QPR correspondent
    Leroy Fer has no intention of forcing a move away from QPR in this transfer window
    Leroy Fer has no intention of forcing a move away from QPR in this transfer window
    QPR midfielder Leroy Fer says he is happy with life at Loftus Road, revealing that manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has asked him to stay at the club.

fb share 11 tweet google plus sharereddit share email shareWhatsapp sharesms share11
    Rangers have struggled to adapt to life in the Championship, currently sitting 15th in the table and 11 points off the play-offs.

They were dealt a further blow on Saturday when Charlie Austin sealed a cut-price £4million move to Southampton.

More big names could follow Austin through the Loftus Road exit door, with plenty of Premier League interest being shown in Matt Phillips – most notably Watford – while the club are also keen to offload Rob Green and Sandro before the January transfer window closes.

However Fer, who came close to joining Sunderland on a season-long loan in August – he failed the medical – has no intention of forcing a move away from the Rs.

He told the Times: “The gaffer has told me he doesn’t want to let me go. Of course I respect what he says and accept that because I am a QPR player.

“It’s not like I’m not enjoying my time here either – because I am. I’m not looking to push for a move away. I’ve been told I’m wanted at the club so that’s enough for me.

“I just want to concentrate on QPR now – they’re my main focus. I’m very happy here and this is where my place is now.

“I just want this team to show its qualities more and push higher up the division, because we haven’t showed consistently what we are capable of at this season, and nor have I.”

The 26-year-old has endured a mixed campaign to date, struggling for any kind of consistency, but he believes he has now turned the corner.

He added: “I always give my all for this team. I was out injured for the first couple of months and that was a really hard time for me.

“It wasn’t as though I was coming back to play in the Premier League either. The Championship was something completely new to me and I found it difficult to adjust to in all honesty.

“The new gaffer has come in and given me a lot of confidence though and tried to play me in a different way so I can influence the game more, so that’s been really pleasing.

“Me and Junior [Hoilett] are linking up well too. We have been switching from the wing to inside, so that’s been a positive thing.

“My form has improved a lot in the last few games. I scored against Blackburn and got an assist against Rotherham, so things are looking up for me.”

Read it earlier.

Big wages and not performed. Any offer of a loan paying his wages will be snapped up by the board. Be surprised if he's still here.

Comment

He's a passenger we can't afford.

Comment

"My form has improved in the last few games"

Well it couldnt get much farking worse!!... hope this guy farks off in all honesty and takes the big baby Sandro with him!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

We need him and others to leave asap, so we can start to build a squad for the future.

Comment

waste of space here get rid!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              He's a passenger we can't afford.
              And he rides and he rides !

Comment

But had some exceptionally good performances last year...second highest scorer with 6 and despite playing most of the season on the left wing, got more tackles in than most. Just doesn't seem to have adapted to the Championship

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                  But had some exceptionally good performances last year...second highest scorer with 6 and despite playing most of the season on the left wing, got more tackles in than most. Just doesn't seem to have adapted to the Championship
                  Pretty much agree with this. Has great ability but has struggled with fitness and form and in a poor side. If he genuinely wants to stay and finds his rhythm could be an important player for us second half of season.

Comment

People will disagree again, but to me, he is our most naturally gifted player. Someone capable of just running at his man and be so agile doing so despite his size. The issue is that he hasn't adapted well enough to the league but if he can, he'd be a huge huge asset to the squad.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I agree with you Nas

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        People will disagree again, but to me, he is our most naturally gifted player. Someone capable of just running at his man and be so agile doing so despite his size. The issue is that he hasn't adapted well enough to the league but if he can, he'd be a huge huge asset to the squad.
                        He's been shocking nas, absolutely shocking. And for a man of his reputation/salary it's simply not good enough to go through the motions like he is.

Comment

Such a shame. I like Fer, he was one of the standouts for us in a poor season last season. Really thought he would tear the Championship a new one. Shame.
                          As Nas says, he is one of our most naturally gifted players, that's a fact. It's just a shame he hasn't played to anywhere near the level of ability he has.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

This is a tricky one,IMO.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Everybody hated Hoilett for at least 2 years - now he is becoming god - could the same happen with Fer

Comment

Working...
                              X