Busy last week in Transfer Window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy last week in Transfer Window?

JFH said that before Austin left he felt we needed 2 more strikers.
    Has said today that Washington isn't a replacement for Austin so sounds like he is after someone else.
    We don't know if JFH has money to spend or has to use what comes from any players leaving.
    Can't see us spending a big fee on a striker though as they wont come cheap.

Unless we rejected the Phillips bid to raise more cash to get someone like Gayle?

I can see QPR selling Phillips Fer and Sandro and then scrambling to replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      I can see QPR selling Phillips Fer and Sandro and then scrambling to replace them.
      I can see QPR selling two of Phillips Fer and Sandro and then having ready made replacements at the club in the form of Chery/Petrasso, The CW-SP partnership, Faurlin/Luongo/Doughty with maybe one or two squad boosts done relatively intelligently and early.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Phillips will be sold in my opinion. Leroy and Sandro out on loan probably. Green will leave on a free.

We'll replace Matty with a winger. Adomah, McManaman and the Burton lad linked. What's interesting though is Boro and WBA want Matty, so a player plus cash deal looks likely. WBA value McManaman at £7m though, so a straight swap would be what they want. Not having that as McManaman is £2.5m player for me.

Can see Bamford coming in but the worry is why hasn't it been done yet? I think he's waiting for a Premier League club to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I can see QPR selling two of Phillips Fer and Sandro and then having ready made replacements at the club in the form of Chery/Petrasso, The CW-SP partnership, Faurlin/Luongo/Doughty with maybe one or two squad boosts done relatively intelligently and early.
          Doughty has just gone to Swindon until the middle of February, can't see him being part of JFH's plans as surely he would have kept him if he's to be used in a matter of weeks.

Comment

When's window close?

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
              When's window close?
              Week on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                Week on Monday
                Not long then really.
                Last thing we want is to be scrambling around on final day if money came in for Phillips.
                Still got £1.5mill left from Chaz sale.
                Would use that to get Roofe.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Weak, but probably just enough to stay up with that.

Re the OP's post, think the manager saying Washington is not a replacement for Austin was more a ref to him not being of the same standard to start off with as Austin as from a lower division. Didn't read into it that he was looking for a direct replacement for Austin on top of that, think he was simply trying reduce pressure/ expectation on the new guy.

Comment

Another striker, replacement for Matty, left back maybe a right back

Comment

If we lost those above last minute don't think we need to scramble around as squad is big enough to cope so just use and do that old fashioned technique of coaching what we have. Bank the money and do deals in summer window

We keep getting told those four are #### so they won't be missed

Comment

We should be looking down different avenues regarding gayle and bamford coz we have no chance off them coming to Rangers, especially has Norwich are sniffing about for bamford, let's look at more realistic singing's instead off mucking about, I would say matty is nailed on to leave but not sure about fer, keep the money for the summer then start building a team for next season
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Need to sell this window

Green
                          Sandro
                          Fer
                          Traore
                          Diakite
                          JET

We can do it, come on Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            Green
                            Sandro
                            Fer
                            Traore
                            Diakite
                            JET

We can do it, come on Rangers.
                            .... if Carlsberg did transfer windows..
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              Weak, but probably just enough to stay up with that.
                              #PrayForQPR

let's hope it's probably enough to pull us out of the relegation mire we have been in all season.

Comment

Working...
                              X