Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Green speculation

McCarthy and Green in swap deal...

QPR are ready to give Alex McCarthy a second chance - and allow Rob Green to make the reverse journey to Crystal Palace.

Rangers are keen to avoid triggering a new contract for Green, who on reaching 30 games automatically gets a stay at Loftus Road. The 35-year-old is currently on 25 appearances.

McCarthy was allowed to leave Hoops at the end of last season ironically because Green’s form, even in a doomed Premier League campaign, saw him called up for England squad duty.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...swap-10755735?

===============

Liverpool interest in Green too: http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/liv...gd4EkOat0I7.97

I thought McCarthy refused the move?

Why can't we just stick with Smithies ffs

Comment

More to the point, why on earth was it sanctioned to have a clause in his contract saying that if he plays 30 games he's guaranteed an extension....!! who the #### allows this sort of crap to happen. It's not as if he was a new signing needing to prove his worth, in which case such a clause would make sense.

Comment

Gotta stick with Smithies. Don't want McCarthy back.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          More to the point, why on earth was it sanctioned to have a clause in his contract saying that if he plays 30 games he's guaranteed an extension....!! who the #### allows this sort of crap to happen. It's not as if he was a new signing needing to prove his worth, in which case such a clause would make sense.
          #EvilLes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              #EvilLes
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

#LesisSatan
                #newcontractbeforeEvilLesDOF

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  McCarthy and Green in swap deal...

QPR are ready to give Alex McCarthy a second chance - and allow Rob Green to make the reverse journey to Crystal Palace.

Rangers are keen to avoid triggering a new contract for Green, who on reaching 30 games automatically gets a stay at Loftus Road. The 35-year-old is currently on 25 appearances.

McCarthy was allowed to leave Hoops at the end of last season ironically because Green’s form, even in a doomed Premier League campaign, saw him called up for England squad duty.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...swap-10755735?

===============

Liverpool interest in Green too: http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/liv...gd4EkOat0I7.97
                  Bring him home.

#qualitykeeper
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Gotta stick with Smithies. Don't want McCarthy back.

#overhyped

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      After 30 games we would see if we have a good possibility to play Premier League next season and Green would be a good backup. I have no problem with that kind of contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        After 30 games we would see if we have a good possibility to play Premier League next season and Green would be a good backup. I have no problem with that kind of contracts.
                        Great point

Comment

the point you make is correct, but green is on a lot of money to just be 'back up'. as far as i understand it, the extension would be an extension to his existing terms (agreed when we were in the prem) rather than just a commitment to negotiate a new terms.

Comment

It was on the same terms though? Can't have a back up keeper on £50k a week.

I believe Green refused to sign the deal unless having that clause. It basically bought him another year on big money as I guess he thought he was nailed on to play 30 games.

I'm glad the club have put a stop to it. Green has been a decent servant in fairness but should have been moved on in the summer.

Comment

Not a great fan of Green the keeper. But in fairness to him, if he did insist on such a clause when signing, he probably could not have imagined for a moment, that we would be in this position a few years down the line. Expect he thought he would be back up at a PL club.

Comment

Working...
                              X