Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really Believe We Will Kick Right On After Today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Have long thought Luongo should play CM.
    Fully agree. Sounds like he flourished there today. It's always been his best position and hopefully Jimmy sees that now too.

I was downcast after we beat MKD earlier on, because the performance was soooo poor, so the win in itself isn't sufficient to cheer me right up sadly.
    But at least today's performance today was better, as well as the result. The fact we scored the second so quickly after the first tells me that JFH's message is finally getting through to the players about not sitting on precarious 1-0 leads, only to then squander them.

Think some happier clappers think that we moaners like moaning. This one doesn't. I want a well run club, a hardworking squad, and wins and draws. It's that simple.
    Exactly the same here mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Fully agree. Sounds like he flourished there today. It's always been his best position and hopefully Jimmy sees that now too.

But at least today's performance today was better, as well as the result. The fact we scored the second so quickly after the first tells me that JFH's message is finally getting through to the players about not sitting on precarious 1-0 leads, only to then squander them.

Exactly the same here mate.

Comment

As I say fella's been an R since 1962 and this whippersnapper talks to him like this? Christ on a bike. Am I alone in being offended? Worth a short ban IMHO.
        Wait so I've offended you and him by trying to say lets be supportive more when there is validity to it? I get that he's been a fan for years and all and I have tons of respect for that. But the fact is, he's spent all post match being nothing but negative, criticising positivity and victimising himself. He was not asked how long he's supported the club for yet brought it up to validate his negativity. Then he went around hurling numerous insults at myself and a few other posters here.
        I've not gone and tried to insult or condescend, I've come and tried to be positive and got abuse for it.
        Now, I also get that you and I don't agree on many things but to think I'm being offensive? C'mon 77, there is no reason for that to be the case. I know you are a poster who wouldn't be negative just for the sake of it but I'm finding it difficult to see that with Bill for example, despite how long he's been a fan of this club. You're here praising the performance of players like Luongo etc and have done so regularly whenever you feel there is a validity to do so but again, Bill hasn't been at all positive for a while now. That is why I hope that there will be something that will allow him to enjoy the club more. I didn't go out looking to offend or disrespect anyone.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I just think you could make your points more subtly, Nasser, tbh. You are courteous and polite (more so than me, I think), but you have such a terrible tendency to climb aboard a high horse and look down on people. If I can say so, I know it's not my place, it's really in your own interest that you try not to do that so often. We all do it some of the time. Just an opinion, but your posts got my goat. Not that that matters. Nor this post. Which might be differently condescending........

Comment

I just think you could make your points more subtly, Nasser, tbh. You are courteous and polite (more so than me, I think), but you have such a terrible tendency to climb aboard a high horse and look down on people. If I can say so, I know it's not my place, it's really not your interest that you try not to do that so often. We all do it some of the time. Just an opinion, but your posts got my goat. Not that that matters. Nor this post. Which might be differently condescending........
            No no I can understand what you mean mate and it isn't with intent that I come across like that to people, I think its just a difference in views at the end of the day. I personally don't see how people can be so negative about everything here but then many don't see how I can't see the negative things they do. We all have different perspectives in the end but I just don't want to seem like I'm being rude or disrespectful to someone who I'm not trying to be that way towards. Don't think you're condescending at all mate. Hope we all get to celebrate an all round good day for the club IMO.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              No no I can understand what you mean mate and it isn't with intent that I come across like that to people, I think its just a difference in views at the end of the day. I personally don't see how people can be so negative about everything here but then many don't see how I can't see the negative things they do. We all have different perspectives in the end but I just don't want to seem like I'm being rude or disrespectful to someone who I'm not trying to be that way towards. Don't think you're condescending at all mate. Hope we all get to celebrate an all round good day for the club IMO.

Of course the aged are not immune from criticism.... Far from it.

Comment

As I say fella's been an R since 1962 and this whippersnapper talks to him like this? Christ on a bike. Am I alone in being offended? Worth a short ban IMHO.
                Little twerp only been supporting us for couple years and he talks down to a supporter of 50/60 years like that. Every post of his is nonsense but he just carrys on and on and on till he's had the last word.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                  Little twerp only been supporting us for couple years and he talks down to a supporter of 50/60 years like that. Every post of his is nonsense but he just carrys on and on and on till he's had the last word.
                  Fantastic to hear mate and good on you to bring it up again when its already dealt with. Everyone will interpret me differently but there is literally no need to insult me directly through your post as often as you do.

Comment

A lot of this is s bit sad. There's a lot of over-reaction on here and some of our fans seem very sensitive souls .
                    May I suggest - being a long-term supporter doesn't make you right. I can go back earlier than 1962 and am sometimes wrong ( ha ha).
                    However, if one cannot have a smile after a 3 goal away win ( very useful for goal difference by the way) when can one be happy ?

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                      A lot of this is s bit sad. There's a lot of over-reaction on here and some of our fans seem very sensitive souls .
                      May I suggest - being a long-term supporter doesn't make you right. I can go back earlier than 1962 and am sometimes wrong ( ha ha).
                      However, if one cannot have a smile after a 3 goal away win ( very useful for goal difference by the way) when can one be happy ?
                      Don't think anybody was implying Bill is never wrong, it was Nas telling Bill how to support the team.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                        Don't think anybody was implying Bill is never wrong, it was Nas telling Bill how to support the team.
                        I didn't tell him how to, I was hopeful that he would have more reason to support than be negative. Its not a call out to him, its a call out to getting what he wants for this club to make him happier because he didn't seem it, which was a shame after a 3 0 win.

Comment

My god a 3-0 win actually brings the worst out of people. Since yesterday there had been almost constant sniping, 2 slug it out threads and personal insults. God help us if we go on a little run

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            I didn't tell him how to, I was hopeful that he would have more reason to support than be negative. Its not a call out to him, its a call out to getting what he wants for this club to make him happier because he didn't seem it, which was a shame after a 3 0 win.
                            Nas, you do it all the time mate. Not arguing.
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              We all know this club, hence why we tolerate the many bad times and why we want to rejoice at the slightest good result.
                              You have seen an awful lot since 62, therefore you of all people should be used to some of the tosh we have witnessed lately.
                              Me 1963 and I felt as good as I've ever felt walking back to the station yesterday. Relief mainly. Ok, it's ONE game and we're still not good enough but have seen worse. I hope we've bottomed out, let's see who plays against Wolves...... Fer still needs a rocket up his Rs - one decent cross doesn't wipe out the dross he's served up - but Ned and Hall back together is a no brainer. Trust the Tech Dir was watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                                Me 1963 and I felt as good as I've ever felt walking back to the station yesterday. Relief mainly. Ok, it's ONE game and we're still not good enough but have seen worse. I hope we've bottomed out, let's see who plays against Wolves...... Fer still needs a rocket up his Rs - one decent cross doesn't wipe out the dross he's served up - but Ned and Hall back together is a no brainer. Trust the Tech Dir was watching.
                                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X