No announcement yet.

No win for jim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite all the drama, aren't we pretty much where we thought we would be this season.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
      You lot are a joke. It's the players making the mistakes not JFH. If we hadn't let in that goal the whole picture would have been different. We played well and were unlucky with 5 left to play. We are not Real Madrid or Barcelona. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves and start pulling together cos it don't matter WHO the manager is, If they don't improve it will be the same no matter what happens. Get off JFH's back ffs
      Without wanting an argument but how is conceding a goal with 5 mins to go unlucky? Keeper came, backed off then came and flapped then our super Henry stood while their player headed the ball in...watched by the numpty on the line. How is that unlucky?

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
        Without wanting an argument but how is conceding a goal with 5 mins to go unlucky? Keeper came, backed off then came and flapped then our super Henry stood while their player headed the ball in...watched by the numpty on the line. How is that unlucky?
        Not unlucky but clearly not the managers fault.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
          The trouble is Maidstone as a club we back ourselves into a corner , who the hell gonna come here if we do sack jfh ( for the record I don't) I tell you who the

Paul Jewell
          Gary Megson
          Peter Reid
          Etc the desperate men who sit on the goals on Sunday sofa hinting for jobs , Warnocks, Pearson are not even gonna us entertain us now

This squad is crap we have one quality player and he not fit , there not premier league class that was proved by our relegation.

We will not go down Bolton will go into admin so that one place , charlton will be the other and probably mk or Bristol city or Rotherham, best thing too do is just go with let Jimmy sort this out as it gonna take a hell of a long time
          It's a fair post fella.

Look atm jfh hasn't done anything to gain my respect or make me think he's the man for the job.

That's all it is. I've said before I hope he turns it around and all the pro jfh guys on here can rub it in my face and mug me off for having a breakdown.

However my gut feeling is it won't improve enough and finishing somewhere between 15th and 20th isn't acceptable for our squad.

It's also embarrassing as a club though because to contemplate sacking another manager would be shambolic but needs must if it continues this way for a 6 or 7 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Not unlucky but clearly not the managers fault.
            The players need criticising but who picks the morons? If we beat
            Rotherham and play with passion and exciting football then I'll praise JFH. It's a two-way street

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
              The players need criticising but who picks the morons? If we beat
              Rotherham and play with passion and exciting football then I'll praise JFH. It's a two-way street

That's how I feel mate. He's don't nothing of note to earn any praise atm.

As a fan don't get any kicks out of skating jfh. I genuinely want him to do well. Just right now he's not and its worrying.

Come Saturday if we put a decent performance in and get the three points I'll be the first to say well done and hopefully this is the turning point.

However as things stand right now it's not good enough from the manager or the players.

Comment

If the players choose not to play with passion, commitment and exciting football its their lookout. once they step on the pitch its their fault how they play not the managers. The manager can't tell them which ball to go for, who to pass it to and whether or not they score or miss.

Comment

These are PROFESSIONAL footballers who should be able to up their game when things aren't going well. But all too often we see individual mistakes that cots us points, JFH can't do much about that in real time as it happens

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                    These are PROFESSIONAL footballers who should be able to up their game when things aren't going well. But all too often we see individual mistakes that cots us points, JFH can't do much about that in real time as it happens
                    Totally agree.

Under JFH we are not week in week out getting torn apart by teams, as you say these are individual mistakes by professional footballers some who earn more than Dele Alli at Spurs.

These individual errors costing us games are not the preserve of JFH or even Ramsey two inexperienced managers, the errors plagued the reigns of Sparky and Arry two of the most experienced managers in the game plus Hoddle and McClaren two England managers couldn't cure, admittedly the latter did improve matters.

Players dozing off, lack of concentration, naivety and general buffoonery has been a significant ingredient to our teams over the last 4 years.

Even NW when we first went up went through a long spell of poor results due to the curse of poor judgment by players. We always seem to be a team that is an individual error away from disaster whether it be Traore, Green, Anton or Henry just the name changes.

I accept NW in his short stint back seem to quell the erroneous tide but you can't rebuild with a manager who doesn't want a permanent position and simply wanted to help out, I know all the rumours of my mate in the pub/press room/etc saying he did but not one piece of contemporaneous evidence has been produced that supports him wanting the job on a permanent basis. Considering how porous our clubs collective responsibility is, it's amazing no one has come out of the woodwork to say he wanted the job.

This leaves us with JFH...I 100% back him. For last 4 years our players have taken the **%#, we need stability and restructuring. My own thoughts are the problems are deeper than a manager, last season was simply humiliating and mustn't be forgotten. I don't think I've seen a worse team in the premiership.

We've spent money whether on wages/signings but the return is poor. My thoughts are the "types" of players we have bought have been simply wrong and it effected us to this day. It maybe we have targeted our signings on attracting players who simply want to come to us because we offer better and longer contracts than any other clubs and consequently we have assembled teams over the last few years that are made up on lottery winners than grafters. Always the exceptions but on whole these players have little interest to improve themselves as they would never get offered a better contract elsewhere and consequently this lack of interest/concentration precipitates onto the pitch resulting in us having players that find it hard to give it their all consistently.

I think the transition into a decent stable football team can be done but we need leaders on the pitch and less attempts for quick fixes off it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                      Totally agree.

Under JFH we are not week in week out getting torn apart by teams, as you say these are individual mistakes by professional footballers some who earn more than Dele Alli at Spurs.

These individual errors costing us games are not the preserve of JFH or even Ramsey two inexperienced managers, the errors plagued the reigns of Sparky and Arry two of the most experienced managers in the game plus Hoddle and McClaren two England managers couldn't cure, admittedly the latter did improve matters.

Players dozing off, lack of concentration, naivety and general buffoonery has been a significant ingredient to our teams over the last 4 years.

Even NW when we first went up went through a long spell of poor results due to the curse of poor judgment by players. We always seem to be a team that is an individual error away from disaster whether it be Traore, Green, Anton or Henry just the name changes.

I accept NW in his short stint back seem to quell the erroneous tide but you can't rebuild with a manager who doesn't want a permanent position and simply wanted to help out, I know all the rumours of my mate in the pub/press room/etc saying he did but not one piece of contemporaneous evidence has been produced that supports him wanting the job on a permanent basis. Considering how porous our clubs collective responsibility is, it's amazing no one has come out of the woodwork to say he wanted the job.

This leaves us with JFH...I 100% back him. For last 4 years our players have taken the **%#, we need stability and restructuring. My own thoughts are the problems are deeper than a manager, last season was simply humiliating and mustn't be forgotten. I don't think I've seen a worse team in the premiership.

We've spent money whether on wages/signings but the return is poor. My thoughts are the "types" of players we have bought have been simply wrong and it effected us to this day. It maybe we have targeted our signings on attracting players who simply want to come to us because we offer better and longer contracts than any other clubs and consequently we have assembled teams over the last few years that are made up on lottery winners than grafters. Always the exceptions but on whole these players have little interest to improve themselves as they would never get offered a better contract elsewhere and consequently this lack of interest/concentration precipitates onto the pitch resulting in us having players that find it hard to give it their all consistently.

I think the transition into a decent stable football team can be done but we need leaders on the pitch and less attempts for quick fixes off it.
                      What a superb post !!

Still can't believe I'm seeing some people suggesting that it's all down to JFH, not being able to turn the lazy, disinterested wasters into world beaters within a couple of months.

Our players have had it far to easy for far too long. The one thing I'd like to see JFH do differently more than any other is to give each and every one of them a proper public dressing down when they deserve it. I'm sure there are those that will think that's no way to get the best out of them. But everything else we have tried has failed. Time to get tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        finishing somewhere between 15th and 20th isn't acceptable for our squad.
                        In all honesty at what point in this season under any of the 3 managers we have had has this amazing squad looked anything but mid-table?

Comment

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo..._campaign=1490

Comment

• Better than Cameron Jerome....!

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Still can't believe I'm seeing some people suggesting that it's all down to JFH, not being able to turn the lazy, disinterested wasters into world beaters within a couple of months.
                              They may not have been world beaters, but those same players looked more organised and committed under NW. The managers job is to get his staff performing. It maybe harsh but it is as simple as that. The minute Mourhino lost the dressing room he was gone, despite his achievements. It doesn't matter who is to blame, the boss carries the can.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                                Totally agree.

Superb TBLOCK. Agree with every word.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2