Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are modern day players the crux of the problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    I would imagine being paid thousands of pounds a week to play football (nearly all of them becoming multi-millionaires many times over whilst still young men) would make anyone greedy, selfish and lacking responsibility.
    Doesn't seem to have adversely affected the players at Leicester, Palace, Watford, Bournemouth...does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
      Doesn't seem to have adversely affected the players at Leicester, Palace, Watford, Bournemouth...does it?
      Does that negate my argument? They could still be greedy, selfish and lacking in responsibility.

Comment

I'm not so sure. Clubs are responsible for creating an environment that helps these guys to push themselves. As said, look at Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton etc., they have a proper infrastructure in place and motivate the players to work hard for the team and for themselves.

A lot of this comes down to coaching, players can actually develop and improve at these clubs. The likes of Ighalo, Vardy and Mahrez have smashed it this year and will earn themselves pay rises or transfers to bigger clubs. We haven't provided anyone with the chance to do that, we've became a club where the likes of Ferdinand, Redknapp, Bosingwa, Hoillet, Johnson and countless others came for one last payday or an easy life in London.

As for high wages this simply reflects the money in football these days. If clubs, agents, sponsors and corporate guys are making millions then it's only fair that the players get their fair share.

Comment

i know a pro footballer very well , he sayes that they are all obsessed with who earns what , players today don't want big moves to win trophies they want them for big money . we don't have a players that are willing to bust a gut for the cause . to many of them just want to do 'alrite' collect their money and go back to their lavish lifestyles . we need to find young hungry players ( they're out there) that want to play for QPR . stop panic signing players on high wages . make sure they're under 30 so they have a sell on value . play the young players at our club petrasso , doughty, hall etc and stick with them even if results go bad .

Comment

We got 'bad eggs', 'wage structure' and 'are players the problem' threads all one after the other, hopefully people are starting to realise it's that lot under performing that is where our real problem lies, not the new manager, dof or unc.

Comment

Kev I agree...the players must take a long hard look at themselves...bar Clint do we have enough leaders on the field when the going gets tough!

Comment

Working...
              X