Deal for Washington close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Hah! So true, the way when it comes to transfer fees fans seem to think it is just Monopoly money. Yet the club puts 10 quid on the price of tickets and suddenly its civil war...
    Potentially selling 3 players (Austin, Fer and Phillips) for £12m and bringing in Gayle on a permanent and Bamford on loan and still having around £5m spare change, whilst saving a fortune on wages is a good monopoly move don't you think?

Or sell Charlie for £4m and buy Washington for £2.5-3.5m?

Plus I said I'd prefer Gayle and Bamford rather than Washington and Bamford as for the extra £3m it's a far better deal all round for the club as we'll have got rid of 3 players who are on decent money and don't want to play for us while bringing in two quality goalscorers and having a fair few quid left over.

Comment

• Gills fans arent even that bothered about Washington leaving. It is a lot of money for someone having a purple patch. Time will tell, hopefully the gamble pays off.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
        Gills fans arent even that bothered about Washington leaving. It is a lot of money for someone having a purple patch. Time will tell, hopefully the gamble pays off.
        Not really what they're saying from what I've heard. More like they only got him for 100k and they knew he'd be off given his talent so they aren't too bothered. Nothing to do with a purple patch.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Gills fans arent even that bothered about Washington leaving. It is a lot of money for someone having a purple patch. Time will tell, hopefully the gamble pays off.
          Perhaps Peterboro fans are though

Comment

Why are Gillingham bothered?

Comment

Of course Gillingham aren't bothered because it's Peterborough's player....

Comment

Gills fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                  Why are Gillingham bothered?
                  clearly they're not according to SpongParr

Comment

• I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Don't suppose Hartlepool fans are bothered either
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Man City have got the right hump about it and Steve's not renewing either

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                          Don't suppose Hartlepool fans are bothered either
                          Reading FC actually might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                            Reading FC actually might be.
                            I'm sure Sponge didn't mean to put Gills, possibly predicted text!
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                              I'm sure Sponge didn't mean to put Gills, possibly predicted text!
                              Im sure that will be the answer.

Comment

• Haha deary me, I was reading a gossip column and Gillingham were on there. It was like when you are slagging off your boss to a mate, but then message your boss by accident!

Comment

Working...
                                X