Deal for Washington close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    To be fair hits, I recall you slating Luongo in the summer as a Bargain Bucket, league one Player.
    With a hashtag....... Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      £1M less than the proven goal scorer that is Charlie? Hmmm.

It's all in perspective though isn't it.

We let Charlie run down his contract so effectively got f all for him. That was the gamble we chose to take in the summer to see if we could have a crack at getting back up.

If we had sold him with 12 -18 months left in his deal he would of gone 10 mill plus easily.

Decent league 1 strikers go for 3 -5 mill now as chpionship strikers can go for 10 mill plus too.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        It's all in perspective though isn't it.

We let Charlie run down his contract so effectively got f all for him. That was the gamble we chose to take in the summer to see if we could have a crack at getting back up.

If we had sold him with 12 -18 months left in his deal he would of gone 10 mill plus easily.

Decent league 1 strikers go for 3 -5 mill now as chpionship strikers can go for 10 mill plus too.
        Guess so. But poor piece of business regarding Charlie.

Comment

• Barry Fry says medical tomorrow and Washington wants to sign.

http://m.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo...-qpr-1-7167150

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            This is spot on maids, top post. And the bit in bold is vital. QPR fans tend to want a player to hit the ground running and bang them in straight away. We gotta remember he's stepping up a league and may take a little while to adjust. Gotta be patient with him or he will certainly lose confidence and fail.
            Rangers fans don't do patient 😡😡😡😡
            Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

• Anyone found any footage on this lad?

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Geezer David McIntyre is suggesting it mate
                Gets more wrong than he does right that lad. Wouldn't worry.

As I said earlier, if he signs great. If not, we move on and find someone who wants to play for our club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Guess so. poor piece of business regarding Charlie.
                  All said with the benefit of hindsight - given Charlies track record of 1 goal every 2 games at championship level I for one was happy the our board choose keep Charlie rather than sell for top dollar to give us a shot at an immediate return to the Premiere League.

For a myriad of reasons this has not panned out and we are where we are trying to get the best deal for a player with 6 months left on his contract and holding all the Aces from a negotiation perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
                    Rangers fans don't do patient 😡😡😡😡
                    Haven't done since Tango and Cash started
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                      Haven't done since Tango and Cash started
                      Very true - Think a few fans need to get with the new world order as we won't be s punking big cash on transfers fee and wages for a few seasons

#youvegotyourrangersbackk

#FFPrulesok
                      Last edited by Glevum_Hoop; 18-01-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Mentioned before on another thread that I played against him when he was at St Ives in the UCL. He was only 17/18 at the time but his time in the UCL was breathtaking. Scored something like a goal a game for Ives over 2 seasons. His work rate, everything was brilliant. I'm still involved in the UCL as a gaffer now so it is great for our league to see players making it. Che Adams is another who was at Oadby now Sheff United. Good to see.

Anyway obviously hope he is a success and does well for us.
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

• Interesting read as always, Robsondinho! Thanks.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            If it's Leeds then we are ok.

**** joining that lot with that **** as a chairman. Can't see Leeds altering the lads decision. Would of been worried if it was a boro or hull.
                            Grrr. Nooooooooooooo, I hate them with a passion
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• Medical tomorrow according to Barry Fry. Also there's a hefty sell on fee Peterborough have to pay Newport, explains the seemingly inflated price tag.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

• It's all set up to fall apart tomorrow. Posh will want more and Fry had it all set up for multiple bids in the morning. Hope we go for Gayle instead!

Comment

Working...
                                X