LF speaks -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Precisely. Not a five minute job either and will have ups and downs. We can tell the club is investing in the infrastructure. That will not create overnight success but will mean in five years time we will hopefully have a more solid base. We have a legacy of a club that has been run into the ground over the last 20+ years.

I'm not saying LF is 100% the right man for the job but also way too early to be writing him off. We are just a decent manager and some time away from being in a far better place. JFH may even be that manager given time to sort out the mess on the playing side.
    And this
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
      So no coincendence then?? LF has been at the club 2 years and we haven't needed a Tech Director but now CR needs a job we all of a sudden need a TD??
      Coz things have been so great without a technical director haven't they? Stop just trying to bash the club for anything and everything. On another thread, you said Ginge was stirring things up by bringing up the fact that none of the 'Realist' brigade had credited the club for getting Hall on a new contract. For many, the stirring has been the constant criticism, not the people calling out those who do. Saying this job was created for the sake of keeping his friend in a job is stirring and just looking for stuff to hate.
      The club is starting to do things right with the division of Labour. But because it has never been done before, it is not a job that should exist? The thing that makes the best managers over an extended period of time - The Fergusons, Wengers, etc - are their ability to adapt and change to suit the times. Now we are trying to do that as a club and instead of supporting it, it has to be about 'hiring his mates' as opposed to hiring the best for that position?
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Good honest, common sense read that.... SOO much poo talk on this thread its unreal!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Coz things have been so great without a technical director haven't they? Stop just trying to bash the club for anything and everything. On another thread, you said Ginge was stirring things up by bringing up the fact that none of the 'Realist' brigade had credited the club for getting Hall on a new contract. For many, the stirring has been the constant criticism, not the people calling out those who do. Saying this job was created for the sake of keeping his friend in a job is stirring and just looking for stuff to hate.
          The club is starting to do things right with the division of Labour. But because it has never been done before, it is not a job that should exist? The thing that makes the best managers over an extended period of time - The Fergusons, Wengers, etc - are their ability to adapt and change to suit the times. Now we are trying to do that as a club and instead of supporting it, it has to be about 'hiring his mates' as opposed to hiring the best for that position?
          You stalking me Nas? Don't bring Ginge into it.

Bashing the club??? What because I don't agree with something that is going on I'm bashing the club? We all can't have your view that everything the club does is good/positive.

Do you know what, I didn't even say having a TD was a bad thing. All I'm saying is that the position was created for CR. But that sounds too much like a negative.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

It wasn't created though, they sacked gallen gave the better and much more experinced and qualifide man the job with a much fancier title cos he was the manager previously

Comment

You stalking me Nas? Don't bring Ginge into it.

Bashing the club??? What because I don't agree with something that is going on I'm bashing the club? We all can't have your view that everything the club does is good/positive.

Do you know what, I didn't even say having a TD was a bad thing. All I'm saying is that the position was created for CR. But that sounds too much like a negative.
              But the point is that the position was not created for him, but filled by him. In the same way the DoF job wasn't created for Sir Les but we wanted to open the position and he was considered the outstanding candidate.

Also is it stalking you if I read other threads? I don't really think so. And what is it with people thinking that I only look at the positives. Read any of my recent posts and you will see there is enough criticism in there. The club has made many mistakes but at least they are trying to fix them. They won't get it right every time but people choose to ignore when they do.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

But the point is that the position was not created for him, but filled by him. In the same way the DoF job wasn't created for Sir Les but we wanted to open the position and he was considered the outstanding candidate.

Also is it stalking you if I read other threads? I don't really think so. And what is it with people thinking that I only look at the positives. Read any of my recent posts and you will see there is enough criticism in there. The club has made many mistakes but at least they are trying to fix them. They won't get it right every time but people choose to ignore when they do.
                Need to have a rant every single time you touch the keyboard to be a proper realist on here
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Ok then so if it wasn't created for him then why haven't we had a TD before? Or have we?
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                    I would disagree, I've seen a few quotes now from various players that Ramsey brought them on and Bale was a part of that setup at the time.

Bale came from Saints but was very very young, in-fact he was struggling to get into the Spurs side and almost shipped out to Birmingham. I think Ramsey played a big part in his development, unless you want to give Harry Redknapp that pleasure????
                    Well Redknapp did move him from LB to forward....

Comment

Ok then so if it wasn't created for him then why haven't we had a TD before? Or have we?
                      by this logic, you can argue against every job role in the world that was first created and "why didnt we have that before". the game evolves and some people just dont like change. DOF is the future for football and at a guess in the next 15-20 years every club will operate this way. Same as a TD

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only reason people are peed off about Steve Gallen going is because his second name is Gallen. In reality how much has he actually done for the club? Not a lot.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

So no coincendence then?? LF has been at the club 2 years and we haven't needed a Tech Director but now CR needs a job we all of a sudden need a TD??
                          He's not been in job two years

Comment

Was that not Rigg??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              He's not been in job two years
                              sorry, at least a year?
                              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Was that not Rigg??
                                Oh yeah, Mike Rigg.
                                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment