No announcement yet.

Two insightful bits of info from Friday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"When you're sat there and things aren't going right and you're in charge of a club you don't know where the next goal's coming from, where the next point's coming from, you've got problems with the boardroom… it's good to talk to somebody who's seen it all and done it all and I think that's how you learn and become a better manager.

"I do think there's a role there and that's what I feel is the future [for me]."

Warnock also believes an appointment of a permanent manager could be imminent, and that discussions are already underway to find Ramsey's successor.

Tony Fernandes: To meet with Les Ferdinand and Chief Executive Lee Hoos to find Ramsey's successor

"Les Ferdinand and [Chief Executive] Lee Hoos have gone over to Malaysia as we talk and are discussing as you can imagine things like that [a new manager] and they've left me holding the fort, so they're doing that.#

"Tony Fernandes is coming over for most of December so between them that would be a good time to look at everything and come up with the options. There are some good managers around I think at the moment."#

Comment

Amazing how 'we' shouldn't believe what is reported in the papers yet we are supposed to be convinced that Warnock didn't want the job....as reported in the papers. Doesn't anyone find it as strange as I do that he got his mate Blackwell in if he wasn't staying? I'd be pretty pissed off if my mate did that to me - and Blackwell didn't look at all temporary the night I saw him getting really involved at Boro. Truth is at QPR over the years, nobody ever really knows. Least of all us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
        Amazing how 'we' shouldn't believe what is reported in the papers yet we are supposed to be convinced that Warnock didn't want the job....as reported in the papers. Doesn't anyone find it as strange as I do that he got his mate Blackwell in if he wasn't staying? I'd be pretty pissed off if my mate did that to me - and Blackwell didn't look at all temporary the night I saw him getting really involved at Boro. Truth is at QPR over the years, nobody ever really knows. Least of all us fans.
        Well said. Was thinking the same myself.
        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Well said. Was thinking the same myself.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Apostrophes mean actual quotes by the way in the sentence i copied and pasted of Neil telling sky news that he doesn't want to be the manager but wants an advisory role.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Apostrophes mean actual quotes by the way in the sentence i copied and pasted of Neil telling sky news that he doesn't want to be the manager but wants an advisory role.
              With Blackwell on the bench then? That makes sense.

Comment

And whatever the rights or wrongs of the DOF idea this club isn't ready for it. We don't have a philosophy to uphold, we just need to get a settled squad of some committed players playing well for the club again, and go on from there. An old school pairing would probably have been a better fit to achieve that in the short term, then build from the bottom up again.

Comment

With Blackwell on the bench then? That makes sense.
                  Would you rather have old man Blackwell than the up and coming hungry JFH..?
                  I can't honestly see why there is such resistance to someone who fits all the criteria the fans have been begging the club to appoint,

Comment

I can't honestly see why there is such resistance to someone who fits all the criteria the fans have been begging the club to appoint,
                    Given the mess created over past few seasons, yes. It's exactly how Warnock got us promoted in the first place. This place is a basket case - stick to tried and tested until it gets sorted.

Comment

Can you imagine Warnock in an advisory role?? Don't think any manager would work under him. Too much of a character.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Not all the fans Kev, West will tell you I am no fan of the current thinking and I have a few Rs contacts who share my opinion. Ok, there is possibly an age thing here but when you have seen it all before you see a different picture. This place needed a steady hand first and modern thinking later. People were on here saying consolidate for a season - even two - then why not an experienced team?

Comment

I don't have anything against JFH (as long as he was bought in for the right reasons and not because someone has an agenda,) talks a lot sense but some of his after match comments have been strange to say the least, Was he ready for the Rs?? But personally I would've prefered to have kept Warnock until the end of the season to steady the club see where we are then and bring in a new man then.
                          But please the DOF needs to go

Comment

Knowing he isn't going to be made manager. He does not say 'I don't want to be the manager'....... Think we're going to have to agree to disagree over this.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              Not if he knew he wasn't in the mix. It really is incredible how many people believe what they read in the papers / online. The truth is that no one knows for sure what went down.
                              its not in the papers though, it came out of his mouth. If he actually wanted the job, please tell me what benefit it i to him to say he didnt want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                So..... When Neil is brought back in to 'assist' the PE teacher he's meant to say, 'Yeah I definitely want to get back into full time management. In fact I'm hoping that this fool who doesn't know what he's doing is fired, so I can replace him....' Get real. And then, having stabilized the club over four games, stopped a leaky defense shipping goals, knowing that Les doesn't want him/ won't appoint him/ wants another novice who will be subordinate to him, Neil is supposed to say, 'I've done a good job. I would like to have the job full time'. No. The man has pride. Get real again. What people say publicly isn't necessarily what they think privately. If he'd been offered the job he would have taken it. With both hands. He wasn't, so he didn't. And here we are. Not once did he definitively say he wanted the job nor that he didn't want it. Not once.

Can't believe people are so naive with their thinking on this or the understanding of how things go on behind the scenes and then what happens in public.

Comment

Working...
                                X