No announcement yet.

Let's forget this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Hasslebaink we will get knowhere. Get rid and get Warnock or Pearson in.

Comment

Just got home, we need for polter to keep the bench warm, green still can't kick to save his life so it wouldn't be a bad thing to try smithies
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        It's not surrendering is it? It's getting in the players who will be with us next season immediately and improving as a side so come August we're a unit instead of another rabble of players thrown together at the last minute like we always are.

No shame in admitting we're bang average in this division. Who honestly believes we're 8 points better than the playoffs over the next 5 months? I certainly dont, and think bringing in the Smithies, Luongo, Chery etc now will pay dividens in the long run.
        But saying "let's forget this season" is pretty much surrendering. I agree with other points you make, we are bang average and should be planning for the future like any club. I just think it's a bit early to throw in the towel in december with only 8 points to make up. I can't speak for how we will perform the 2nd half of the season, once the players are more familiar with Jimmy's management as i can't tell the future but if we went on a run and a playoff push it wouldn't be massively surprising. As I said before, its the fickleness of football.

Comment

You can bet every club top half has still got thoughts on making the play offs with so many games left. We are no different. Automatic is deffo a no chance though

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            I think we may have to forget about this season. We are too cut adrift and January round the corner, which may as well see us loose some key players. Today was another pathetic result from our point of view. Leading 1-0, just to concede two goals in the last 13 minutes! JFH may built something positive given time and patience, however, I cannot understand why all recent R's managers seems to like Henry so much! Are we going through the same course of playing him when there is Doughty, Sandro and Luongo waiting to get a game! And why he persists in playing Polter, when JET scored five goals in his limited time he had of playing. Of course there are still many games to be played, however, the more we give the likes of Smithies, Luongo, Jet and Cherry a run in the team, the better we will be ready for a serious challenge the coming season. For me, this season is already over.
            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
              Well said.
              seconded
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

So do we all stop going then guys and come back next season and if we ain't in the top six at Christmas give up again? Please advise

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  My post wasn't serious, just fancied doing a knee jerker
                  I did pick that up ;)

Comment

I notice Bakes 8 and Hove Ranger have used the term "bang average". What's the difference between average and bang average?

Just wondered 😃
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

We have got to stop this short term, fire-fighting, knee-jerk and panic-ridden approach; it's absolutely killing the club and getting us nowhere fast. I'm sick to death of the merry-go-round of ill-thought out signings getting parachuted in EVERY transfer window. Just because we are unlikely to be promoted or relegated (though based on Peterborough a few years ago who went down with 54 points we maybe ought not be too complacent on the relegation front) there's a marvellous opportunity to use the forthcoming windows to build a team for the future using a balance of seasoned campaigners with a proven track record, up and coming young players and some canny loan signings. On that basis the season's not over at all and we ought to use the coming five months as the building blocks for something that will evolve over 2 or 3 seasons into a proper football team.

Comment

I have so far, looking forward to second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          We have got to stop this short term, fire-fighting, knee-jerk and panic-ridden approach; it's absolutely killing the club and getting us nowhere fast. I'm sick to death of the merry-go-round of ill-thought out signings getting parachuted in EVERY transfer window. Just because we are unlikely to be promoted or relegated (though based on Peterborough a few years ago who went down with 54 points we maybe ought not be too complacent on the relegation front) there's a marvellous opportunity to use the forthcoming windows to build a team for the future using a balance of seasoned campaigners with a proven track record, up and coming young players and some canny loan signings. On that basis the season's not over at all and we ought to use the coming five months as the building blocks for something that will evolve over 2 or 3 seasons into a proper football team.
                          i totally agree with this. the window is there to build something lasting, but it has already been made clear by the Don "les" that we will only be in for a couple of loans. nothing will be built.

btw, how is the training ground getting on?

#ihaveadream
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

You can see from today draw against Huddersfield that we must really have to forget about this season. Its now 5 games under JFH and still without a win! I make myself clear. I have nothing against JFH, its what he's inherited. However, I cannot understand how we ever may even think of going up by keep playing Green, Konchelsky, Henry, Hill and Toszer! Do we honestly believe that these players will take us to the promised land and keep us there? We are simply not good enough and JFH must start using the younger players in trying to built something. I think that we, as QPR's fans, must be the bravest supporters around the globe. About time they (the team) show some respect to their fans. Its humiliation after another.

Comment

The table on this day ten years ago. Didn't know where else to post it.

Comment

Can still make 8th

Comment

Working...
                                X