Geordies want phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
    Sell him if we get offered £5m or more and he wants to go and buy a striker.
    this.
    and only this. we have a surplus of MF right now, if we spend the smallish kitty LF is saying we supposedly will have on MFs I will be very irate!
    need to strengthen at the back 1st and foremost, then striker (if JFH cant fit JET and polter in the fold, and pending the CA saga)

surely SURELY jfh has to know some bargains in the dutch leagues
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      I like Philips, think he is a class player on his day, which unfortunately is about 1 game in 4. If there's £7m out there for him i'd take the cash and invest in 2 or 3 up and coming players in the mould of Luongo/Chery. Hopefully our scouts (?!?) are on the lookout.
      again, reeeeeally hoping JFH has some dutch bargains up his sleeve. just ones that a Burton side cannot afford
      Rangers Til I Die
      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        Thanks.

Wheteher it be a tough decision or not, I'll make sure it's the correct one for Queens Park Rangers Football Club.
        I knew you would respond
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Thanks.

Wheteher it be a tough decision or not, I'll make sure it's the correct one for Queens Park Rangers Football Club.
          I farking love the change in user name
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Always said he was never that good a player. Some on here in the summer were making out he was worth 10M and would walk into most sides in the Premiership. Laughable. Anyone who didn't agree knew nothing about football from memory.

Has around 1 good game in 5 in the Championship. He is a better player than that and hopefully the new manager can get the best out of him, but if someone wants to pay 5M for him then go right ahead.

Comment

so much play breaks down with him , take 3 or 4 million . 1 good game in 5 sums him up

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                He hasnt exactly set the division alight, but as others have said, been out of position and really does need a Striker who likes crosses (Austin) in order to get the best out of him.

I think for 4-7 million, we will struggle to replace him. Especially in January.
                JFH will almost certainly look to bring in El Khayati from Burton, who can play through the middle or out wide. Honestly don't know much about him, but he is rated very highly by the manager and Burton fans, and will cost a lot less than whatever we get for Phillips - I can see him joining for less than £2million.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  I knew you would respond
                  Oh sorry I thought it was for me lol

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  I farking love the change in user name

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                    I like Philips, think he is a class player on his day, which unfortunately is about 1 game in 4. If there's £7m out there for him i'd take the cash and invest in 2 or 3 up and coming players in the mould of Luongo/Chery. Hopefully our scouts (?!?) are on the lookout.
                    what is with everyone always knocking the scout system. Like you have just said, Luongo & Chery (not too much said about them before signing for us) both scouted well. Hall looks like a fantastic find and a few others whom came from relative obscurity doing ok aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                      what is with everyone always knocking the scout system. Like you have just said, Luongo & Chery (not too much said about them before signing for us) both scouted well. Hall looks like a fantastic find and a few others whom came from relative obscurity doing ok aswell.
                      Hall a good signing, only through Les & Ramsey having worked with him. They never scouted him. The other two not bad signings. Nothing amazing in all fairness. Ones been shipped back to Swindon FFS and no ones bothered to recall him. Swindon is hardly an unknown club. That's not 'scouting' in my eyes.

Scouting is finding young, brilliant talent, locally, who you train, nurture and improve. Integrate into the first team and then sell for large profit. Look at Southampton if you need evidence.

Picking up a couple of youngish players from an established club / squad is something any idiot could do.

Comment

Hall a good signing, only through Les & Ramsey having worked with him.
                        Luongo worked with them at Spurs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Luongo worked with them at Spurs too.
                          Strengthens my point further

Comment

Working...
                          X