Geordies want phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
    Philips gives his all every game and is our best attacking player in my opinion, we shouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him
    i watch a different phillips from you

Comment

He certainly divides opinion . Can be a 10/10 but it's rare as rocking horse #### . I'd rather a consistent player in that role who you know what your going to get with . He blows far to hot and cold for me (mostly cold) so if the offer was right I'd sell . He'd be a mug to go there though

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
        We should've accepted the interest from WBA last season. 1 decent game every 5 (at best) doesn't equate to an £8million player in my opinion. As Harryboy has already alluded to, we'll look to get back what we paid for him and cut our losses. He was a gamble worth taking, but he simply hasn't improved to anything like the level many thought he would achieve. Playing on such a narrow pitch at LR doesn't help wingers either.
        At the time, he was the most consistent player we had, more so than Austin. I still think he can be a really classy player for us but we need people to give him time.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          At the time, he was the most consistent player we had, more so than Austin. I still think he can be a really classy player for us but we need people to give him time.
          Not sure what you're basing this optimism on. He may have been the most consistent player at the time WBA came in for him, but he's probably been our most inconsistent player over the 2 years he's played for us. He has the physical attributes and the talent, but lacks the drive and determination to apply them. In short, he floats in and out of games and always will.

Comment

LR is a standard size pitch 78 yds wide

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
              LR is a standard size pitch 78 yds wide
              Taken from a Guardian article last October:

"......with Stoke’s Britannia Stadium and Queens Park Rangers’ Loftus Road the smallest, at 100m x 66m."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ze-does-matter

Either we've extended LR by 3 yards on either side, or our pitch is smaller than average.

Comment

He hasnt exactly set the division alight, but as others have said, been out of position and really does need a Striker who likes crosses (Austin) in order to get the best out of him.

I think for 4-7 million, we will struggle to replace him. Especially in January.

Comment

Just to confirm what everyone else is saying, when playing on the right hand side, he has a rating of 7.12 with 4 goals and 2 assists in 14 appearances.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Quick and great crosser of the ball but is not irreplaceable IMO

Comment

Phillips is essentially about pace and power. He has little finesse, no close control to beat a person by skill (rather than speed), and lacks concentration defensively, which has cost us many goals. At his best he can hit a cross with pace on the run and a thunderous shot, but it is very much hit and hope (you won't see him dink a subtle cross unless its with his left and weaker foot). I would take 5 million for him every day of the week.

Comment

Would sell in an instant if I was making the shout on that one. 70% cold 30% hot with him.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          I don't even think that is possible without rotation is it? Unless Luongo is converted to some full back role. Also bear in mind the existence of Faurlin and Sandro. Having a squad with these guys available is what makes us such a good prospect and why I think we can get promoted. Selling because we can't get them all in at once goes against the project IMO.
                          yeah, that's what I meant. If he plays a 4-2-3-1 or similar system lets see who he can get really firing on all cylinders in that MF '3'
                          Rangers Til I Die
                          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Jimmy will make the decision hopefully whether Matt is going to fit in his new structure

In Jimmy we trust
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                              Jimmy will make the decision hopefully whether Matt is going to fit in his new structure

In Jimmy we trust
                              Thanks.

Wheteher it be a tough decision or not, I'll make sure it's the correct one for Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

Comment

I like Philips, think he is a class player on his day, which unfortunately is about 1 game in 4. If there's £7m out there for him i'd take the cash and invest in 2 or 3 up and coming players in the mould of Luongo/Chery. Hopefully our scouts (?!?) are on the lookout.

Comment

Working...
                                X