Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Qualities JFH brings into his QPR Role.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I decided to look at all managers who made it into the playoffs and above - reason being that the playoffs are a lottery and are primarily down to luck (as we know).
    2014/15, of the top 6 teams, only 2 managers had more than one year experience in the champ prior to that season - Mick McCarthy and Eddie Howe.
    2013/14, again only 2 managers had more than one year experience in the championship prior to this one - Nigel Pearson and Sean Dyche.
    2012/13, 3 managers had more than one year experience prior to this one - Malky Mackay, Ian Holloway and again, Nigel Pearson.
    2011/12, 4 managers had more - Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins (Albeit finishing 23 and 20th in his two full seasons prior with Scunthorpe), again Ian Holloway, again Malky Mackay
    2010/11, 4 managers - Neil Warnock, Brendan Rodgers (albeit two half season with reading and watford, finishing 20th and 13th with them), Dave Jones, Billy Davies

So from the last 5 seasons, only half the managers in the top 6 got into promotion spots and of those that had experience in the champ, not many of them had great success in the championship prior, looking at Adkins, Rodgers, Pearson.
    What this data suggests to me is that a manager is just as likely to succeed with or without the experience. It is more down to the quality of the manager, their enthusiasm and ultimately the players at their disposal (something indisputably strong in our case)
    Steady on Nass you are applying logic and facts! That will never satisfy the "look at me, told yer so" mob who, lets face it, have a far great chance of being right as only a few teams enjoy what is deemed to be success! Oh well they are happy in their miserable, negative, empty lives and minds! They obviously get off on the doom and gloom.
    I wonder who they would want instead of JFH as THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES! Look at JM down the road,"the best manager in the world" is looking clueless at the moment!
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I decided to look at all managers who made it into the playoffs and above - reason being that the playoffs are a lottery and are primarily down to luck (as we know).
      2014/15, of the top 6 teams, only 2 managers had more than one year experience in the champ prior to that season - Mick McCarthy and Eddie Howe.
      2013/14, again only 2 managers had more than one year experience in the championship prior to this one - Nigel Pearson and Sean Dyche.
      2012/13, 3 managers had more than one year experience prior to this one - Malky Mackay, Ian Holloway and again, Nigel Pearson.
      2011/12, 4 managers had more - Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins (Albeit finishing 23 and 20th in his two full seasons prior with Scunthorpe), again Ian Holloway, again Malky Mackay
      2010/11, 4 managers - Neil Warnock, Brendan Rodgers (albeit two half season with reading and watford, finishing 20th and 13th with them), Dave Jones, Billy Davies

So from the last 5 seasons, only half the managers in the top 6 got into promotion spots and of those that had experience in the champ, not many of them had great success in the championship prior, looking at Adkins, Rodgers, Pearson.
      What this data suggests to me is that a manager is just as likely to succeed with or without the experience. It is more down to the quality of the manager, their enthusiasm and ultimately the players at their disposal (something indisputably strong in our case)

Would imagine the same could be said of the bottom 6 each year. Main fact is that the changeover of managers is much quicker in recent times.

Comment

Working...
      X