Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Qualities JFH brings into his QPR Role.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    How do you know this for a fact?
    literally the only reason i can think of is scuberry thinks all black people are mates and part of some sort of conspiracy

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
      Untried and untested and novice managers in the Championship,this is a very tough division to get out of as we know,and i just thought we should have gone with someone who has the know how and experience to get the best out of our squad who,lets face it (upto NW taking over) were underperforming,players respond to strong characters and i see JFH in that CR mould of the nice guy,sorry if you dont agree just my opinion.
      Complete utter nonsense. The idea that the only way to get promoted is via some red-faced old todger barking instructions on the sideline just doesn't match with reality.

Just look at who has actually got promotion last season:

Bournemouth, Eddie Howe (4th year in the championship)
      Watford, Jokanovic (1st)
      Norwich, Alex Neill (1st, 2nd year in management fullstop)

Comment

Untried and untested and novice managers in the Championship,this is a very tough division to get out of as we know,and i just thought we should have gone with someone who has the know how and experience to get the best out of our squad who,lets face it (upto NW taking over) were underperforming,players respond to strong characters and i see JFH in that CR mould of the nice guy,sorry if you dont agree just my opinion.
        I take it the 61% win rate as a Football League manager means absolutely nothing then? It may have been Leagues 1 and 2 but Burton are a conference sized club who have done amazingly well, first under Rowett (another so called novice manager, doing well in the Championship) and then Hasselbaink. And add to that the fact that Leagues 1 and 2 are just as tough to get out of, especially for a club like Burton. You're talking out of your ar$e if you think that win rate means nothing.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Untried and untested and novice managers in the Championship,this is a very tough division to get out of as we know,and i just thought we should have gone with someone who has the knowI how and experience to get the best out of our squad who,lets face it (upto NW taking over) were underperforming,players respond to strong characters and i see JFH in that CR mould of the nice guy,sorry if you dont agree just my opinion.
          Firstly, there is absolutely no evidence that this is a harder division to get out of than either League One or League Two. Simply a myth perpetuated by the constant stream of excuse making, bang average managers.

Secondly, you are as entitled to your opinion as much as anybody else. Problem is, if you type it at every opportunity on numerous threads, it starts to look ever more ridiculous.

Hope you get what you want for Christmas, but if you don't, please refrain from telling us all.

Comment

Would never want to gloat about rangers doing bad,and i really hope it works out because that will mean we do good, and i will be only too happy to say i was wrong,but just have this gut feeling about him and how we missed out on better appointments just because JFH is Ferdinands mate !!
            You don't want to gloat about Rangers doing bad but if Hasselbaink does well, will you be admitting you were wrong? I don't think so somehow.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I personally am going to wait and see how things pan out, " all I am saying is give Jim a chance"

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
                I personally am going to wait and see how things pan out, " all I am saying is give Jim a chance"
                Yep because Jim all fix it.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  How do you know this for a fact?
                  He doesn't but anything to hate it seems
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                    Complete utter nonsense
                    I think that's a bit harsh. The bottom line is that team JFH has zilch experience at this level is indisputable, equally NW's overall record at this tier is excellent. Unless you've done a statistical break down of managers experience of all teams promoted to the the EPL / Div 1, you can not say he's talking nonsense. It also would be interesting if those stats took account of when the promoted manager took over the reins relative to club position....

It's OK to be optimistic, everyone wants it to work out, but let's keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      I think that's a bit harsh. The bottom line is that team JFH has zilch experience at this level is indisputable, equally NW's overall record at this tier is excellent. Unless you've done a statistical break down of managers experience of all teams promoted to the the EPL / Div 1, you can not say he's talking nonsense. It also would be interesting if those stats took account of when the promoted manager took over the reins relative to club position....

It's OK to be optimistic, everyone wants it to work out, but let's keep it real.
                      My name has been called. Lets do this.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Wait n See,CR the second
                        The man has spoken, he's written off JFH before a ball is kicked.

Superb, just superb!!

Comment

Like many on here I am now fairly optimistic about this appointment but that means absolutely nothing and I think the point of a message board is to discuss these things with others! Scuberry has as much right to be negative about this hire as any of us do on being positive, it's all just speculation and opinion whether it's repetitive or not!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

I decided to look at all managers who made it into the playoffs and above - reason being that the playoffs are a lottery and are primarily down to luck (as we know).
                            2014/15, of the top 6 teams, only 2 managers had more than one year experience in the champ prior to that season - Mick McCarthy and Eddie Howe.
                            2013/14, again only 2 managers had more than one year experience in the championship prior to this one - Nigel Pearson and Sean Dyche.
                            2012/13, 3 managers had more than one year experience prior to this one - Malky Mackay, Ian Holloway and again, Nigel Pearson.
                            2011/12, 4 managers had more - Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins (Albeit finishing 23 and 20th in his two full seasons prior with Scunthorpe), again Ian Holloway, again Malky Mackay
                            2010/11, 4 managers - Neil Warnock, Brendan Rodgers (albeit two half season with reading and watford, finishing 20th and 13th with them), Dave Jones, Billy Davies

So from the last 5 seasons, only half the managers in the top 6 got into promotion spots and of those that had experience in the champ, not many of them had great success in the championship prior, looking at Adkins, Rodgers, Pearson.
                            What this data suggests to me is that a manager is just as likely to succeed with or without the experience. It is more down to the quality of the manager, their enthusiasm and ultimately the players at their disposal (something indisputably strong in our case)

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              What this data suggests to me is that a manager is just as likely to succeed with or without the experience.
                              What it also suggests - although this is tenuous and we'd need to trawl back a bit - is that the experienced manager thing might have been more true back in the day, ie the further back you go the more likely you are to find experienced managers getting to the play off stage. If true, it could be down to the fact that management changes were less frequent way back....

Good of you to rise to the challenge, I did wonder....
                              Last edited by hal9thou; 08-12-2015, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                What it also suggests - although this is tenuous and we'd need to trawl back a bit - is that the experienced manager thing might have been more true back in the day, ie the further back you go the more likely you are to find experienced managers getting to the play off stage. If true, it could be down to the fact that management changes were less frequent way back....

Good of you to rise to the challenge, I did wonder....
                                I do think you're right on that, back a while ago, you'd find coverage of the Champ more limited, much more ruggedness and perhaps you'd see the same set of managers always up there. But certainly more recently you can expect new managers to take the mantle. The reason for this may be that those top champ managers are hired into the prem.

Comment

Working...
                                X