Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Qualities JFH brings into his QPR Role.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Qualities JFH brings into his QPR Role.

According to Ladbrokes.

Here are five things the Dutchman brings to the table that should greatly enhance those chances.

A winning mentality

Although his major honours as a player were refined to a Portuguese Cup with Boavista, the Charity Shield and two Premier League Golden Boot accolades, he played for plenty of top sides where winning was the norm and cup finals were frequent.

His first step into English management saw him lift that elusive league title from his playing days at the first attempt, when winning 19 and only losing three of 30 games at the Brewers.

Rather than be found out after a step up in class this term, Jimmy-Floyd now leaves Burton clear by two points, having won two more games than any other club in League One (13).

Charisma

This became apparent in his playing days. The livewire striker was renowned for a hot-headed streak but also for his sense of humour and beaming smile.

Latterly it’s his jovial side which is more widely seen, although he knows when to be serious and commands respect.

A humble attitude

Having opted to join the management game at the lowest rung of professional English football it’s abundantly clear that Hasselbaink has both feet glued on Terra Firma.

Despite a big-time past, the Dutchman’s ethic of starting at the bottom and working up are anything but big time. Too many former players get this very wrong.

Adoration of his players

When you are winning it is much easier to be admired by people at any football club, but it is no guarantee you will be loved by all – you only have to look at the amount of memoirs taking shots at Sir Alex Ferguson.

From his time at Burton at least, it seems Hasselbaink commanded huge respect and was universally adored. This will be music to the ears of Rangers fan as the Loftus Road dressing room hasn’t been famed for its unity in the Tony Fernandes era.

Insight for his strikers

As well as gaining a highly-promising coach, any striker on the books must be excited to work with a man who once scored a top-flight hat-trick in 13 minutes!

Wherever he went Hasselbaink was among the most feared centre-forwards of his day, finishing up with a senior goals record just shy of one every two games.

Perhaps after working with him, Charlie Austin will decide staying put is the right move in January.

So he's got good qualities. Hope he can get results in the Championship.

Comment

Absolute twaddle,,thats all

Comment

Can he make fer control a ball
        R's

Comment

The problem is we should never use bookies in the same way as journalists. OK both can have motives to start a story but a bookies is all about financial gain. Of course they will boost up jfh. We're a bookies dream. I would imagine 90% of us on here, have had a chat with someone that has moaned that QPR cost them thousands in an accumulator? Rangers have been a fantastic money spinner and they will continue the bulls hit regarding how wonderful things now are.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
            The way you bang on, Hasselbaink is the worst manager we have ever hired
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              The way you bang on, Hasselbaink is the worst manager we have ever hired
              Wait n See,CR the second

Comment

Wait n See,CR the second
                Let's hope so then you can gloat about being right.

Comment

Wait n See,CR the second
                  Based on what? Apart from them both being black, can't really see any other obvious similarities

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                    Let's hope so then you can gloat about being right.
                    Would never want to gloat about rangers doing bad,and i really hope it works out because that will mean we do good, and i will be only too happy to say i was wrong,but just have this gut feeling about him and how we missed out on better appointments just because JFH is Ferdinands mate !!

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                      Based on what? Apart from them both being black, can't really see any other obvious similarities
                      Untried and untested and novice managers in the Championship,this is a very tough division to get out of as we know,and i just thought we should have gone with someone who has the know how and experience to get the best out of our squad who,lets face it (upto NW taking over) were underperforming,players respond to strong characters and i see JFH in that CR mould of the nice guy,sorry if you dont agree just my opinion.

Comment

I'm optimistic about JFH. We took a punt in good faith with Ramsey, but he wasn't cut out for it. No hard feelings. JFH has good experience, he's on the up and we do have some very good players for him to work with. Look what Gary Monk has done with Swansea and he's got worse managerial stats than JFH.

Comment

Don't have to be sorry, you're entitled to your opinion, I just think that he is a lot different to Ramsey as he has had a lot of success already, albeit in a short space of time.

Also, not sure about him being nice guy, as seem to remember him being a bit of a git as a player, and in that article from the Burton fans it says that he can be tough when he has to.

Also, with his Dutch connection I think he can start to get a lot more than Chery and Fer, who could make a massive difference to us going forward.

Comment

Chris twaddle ?

Comment

Would never want to gloat about rangers doing bad,and i really hope it works out because that will mean we do good, and i will be only too happy to say i was wrong,but just have this gut feeling about him and how we missed out on better appointments just because JFH is Ferdinands mate !!
                              How do you know this for a fact?
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X