Clear All

• Not a smash and grab

As some have mentioned, we deserved it

More Possesion
    Very close on shots
    2 on target v 0
    Twice as many corners
    Away from home

Smash and grab is being under the cosh for 90 and nicking it with a lucky break, only one team was going to win tonight, also against boro we was robbed. I saw both live on TV

Can't wait for the 12th I will be there for that from the U.S. Of A

Happy late thanksgiving (I know what I'm grateful for 6 pts out of 6)

Originally posted by SoCal View Post
    As some have mentioned, we deserved it

More Possesion
    Very close on shots
    2 on target v 0
    Twice as many corners
    Away from home

Smash and grab is being under the cosh for 90 and nicking it with a lucky break, only one team was going to win tonight, also against boro we was robbed. I saw both live on TV

Can't wait for the 12th I will be there for that from the U.S. Of A

Happy late thanksgiving (I know what I'm grateful for 6 pts out of 6)
    No way a smash and grab.. Just a very poor game of football.

But 3 points and a clean sheet
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I hope you will see us get another 3 points when you're over. Although I'm aware that 'points make prizes', being of a certain age, I was brought up with us playing an attractive style of football. I suppose, in a way, a bit like Tottenham fans. Preferring style over substance.

Comment

No it wasn't a smash and grab but it was a dire game between 2 teams lacking in confidence. Great result but awful awful game.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
          I hope you will see us get another 3 points when you're over. Although I'm aware that 'points make prizes', being of a certain age, I was brought up with us playing an attractive style of football. I suppose, in a way, a bit like Tottenham fans. Preferring style over substance.
          I'm also old Upper, but we were on the brink and in a mess - still are, but Colin has massively improved our situation. Let's get points on the board and worry about style once things have settled.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
            No way a smash and grab.. Just a very poor game of football.

But 3 points and a clean sheet
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

S**t game, they had better chances, but thanks to El-Habsi howler of the century we got three points!

Comment

We deserved to win.

1st half was awful, one of the worst halves of football I can recall (both sides, plus the "atmosphere"). Second half we were the better side. They had a couple of chances and a decent fee kick off the bar, but all in all we were the better side IMO.

Fark me did that feel good to get the winner though, loved giving it to their muggy lot of fans sat next to us. You Rrrsss!!!
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I thought Boro was a smash and grab. First shot on target they had after we had missed four good chances.

Comment

Given that we played without a striker for 60 minutes, the way I saw it was we played with some panache and a lot of determination up to that point and then moved into another gear. Reading were surprisingly poor, especially as they were at home. If JFH can get the blend right and the confidence up, we could do very well from here on in.

Comment

thought we were the better team second half possession was good had the best chance of the game when the chief missed, reading never had a shot on target and
                      Ale Faurlin was fantastic,

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        S**t game, they had better chances, but thanks to El-Habsi howler of the century we got three points!
                        I didn't see it as a howler. as the GK defending that corner, you are standing there, expecting Onouha's header to come directly at you with height, so your arms are going to be raised. He headed it down into the ground, bouncing in front of the keeper, but the ball never came back up high enough so although Absib dropped his arms, expecting a high bounce, the ball went under his arms, with his palms down. That was a 1 in a 100 type of header from close range that you can't plan for and react to in a millisecond. So good header or fluke, I don't think he's to blame.

I blame the idiot commentator for saying he was, that the ball went right through him. Just shows you sometimes how stupid they can be, probably not an ex footballer. If I was the commentator, I would have waited for the replay before making a derogatory remark like that. He could have said, he's been caught out by a good header or something similar. Below is all scenarios.

1) There's a good header and no save. Brilliant goal.
                        2) There's a good header and a good save. No goal, brilliant save.

3) There's a standard header and a standard save. No goal.
                        4) There's a standard header and no save. Goal, GK error.

5) There's a bad header and a standard save. No goal.
                        6) There's a bad header and no save. Goal, GK error.

So which was Ned's?

Comment

No 6!

Any keeper should have saved that..imagine if that had been Green making that mistake! i think this board would have self combusted!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            We deserved to win.

1st half was awful, one of the worst halves of football I can recall (both sides, plus the "atmosphere"). Second half we were the better side. They had a couple of chances and a decent fee kick off the bar, but all in all we were the better side IMO.

Fark me did that feel good to get the winner though, loved giving it to their muggy lot of fans sat next to us. You Rrrsss!!!
                            Same, cant stand their fans for some reason. How many years ago was it they "got the record....106"- - sung every time i go there, let it go lads, no1 gives a to$$ anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              We deserved to win.

Yeah agree with that, worth the win but that first half was incredibly dull. And wtf was with the atmosphere? It wasn't nasty at least, like under Ramsey, but it was incredibly flat with barely anyone joining in chants where I was stood (left side, halfway up). Only really perked up in the final 30 mins or so when we started trading "you're effing shets"

Comment

Working...
                              X