Hasselbaink agrees QPR deal and will bring Oldfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    I would liked to have seen Warnock there discussing the players with him and what he's been working on
    No way would that not have happened already.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

• Comment

• Rolling contract.

What's that mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Rolling contract.

What's that mean?
          Means that its short term with constant renewals I think, but maybe someone can confirm it.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Warnock and Blackwell have gone and we interviewed 12 managers in depth and JFH was the best candidate by far,

Comment

• Don't like the sound of that rolling contract

Comment

• Originally posted by HertfordshireHoop View Post
                Don't like the sound of that rolling contract
                Its like if you nick a bird off some geezer, you know she's going to do the same to you one day sooner or later.
                Bet we lose JFH to a big club in a season or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by HertfordshireHoop View Post
                  Don't like the sound of that rolling contract
                  Arguably one of the best things we could do if I'm not mistaken. Means if things don't go well, we won't have a huge compensation fee to pay if we need to. Also means he is constantly needing to perform to get a renewal.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Same contract as Hughes had at Fulham. Neither side committed to long term deal so if we got shot it costs us peanuts but equally if he gets tapped up can walk with no compo end of each season or that's my understanding

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Same contract as Hughes had at Fulham. Neither side committed to long term deal so if we got shot it costs us peanuts but equally if he gets tapped up can walk with no compo end of each season or that's my understanding
                      Exactly, and after all the compensation fees we've had to pay, probably the best option.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Same contract as Hughes had at Fulham. Neither side committed to long term deal so if we got shot it costs us peanuts but equally if he gets tapped up can walk with no compo end of each season or that's my understanding
                        I'm good with this: If he gets poached by a bigger club eventually it means he has been doing well here and the team would be in a strong position making the job attractive for a top replacement, on the contrary if this doesn't work out and we have to move in a different direction once again it won't cost paying out a long term contract!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

• Ashley Wilkinson of the Burton Mail offers his thoughts on Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's move to QPR ...

What sort of manager are QPR getting in Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?

One who is extremely single-minded and determined to make a success of both himself and his club. He is protective of his players and will always make sure that any plaudits go their way. Defensively, he has proven to be an extremely adept coach and tactician, as seen by the number of clean sheets Albion kept under his watch.

Why has he been so successful in such a short space of time?

There are several reasons. He inherited a squad with League One experience, put together by Gary Rowett, but clearly knew how to play the game to win promotion from League Two. A lot of that, too, is down to David Oldfield, his assistant manager who has gone with Jimmy to QPR. Mostly, his organisation of the defence and ensuring that each player occupies the right position when out of possession, has been key to Albion's excellent form under him.

From the outside you could be of the view that he picked up where Gary Rowett left off. Is there more to it than that?

Absolutely. As I said before, Gary left behind a talented squad which Jimmy gladly inherited, but they had gone on a poor run of games prior to Gary's departure and Jimmy's arrival. They only lost three games under Hasselbaink between his arrival in November and the end of the season. They found a new level of confidence and swagger, and that was down to Jimmy.

With Burton top of League One why was the time right for him to take this opportunity?

Clearly the opportunity to manage a club like QPR, with Premier League ambitions, doesn't come around every day. What will have helped is that it brings him closer to his family in Surrey and gives him the chance to take a talented side forward, back to the Premier League. It will have been a difficult decision for him to leave Burton given where they are currently, but he is an ambitious man and has said so himself. QPR ticked the boxes for Jimmy.

Having already made the step from League Two to League One can he do so again?

Certainly QPR have the infrastructure in place to challenge at the right end of the table, and if Jimmy can help organise the defence in the manner he did with the Brewers then he has a great chance. With David, Jimmy has proven that he knows how to win football matches in the third and fourth tier, and given his pedigree and eye for football, there is no reason why he can't win matches in the Championship and higher.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/me...ZiuduWyL4YC.99

Comment

• http://www.football-oranje.com/young...-hasselbaink/?

Reading this has got me even more excited

What a change in having a manager who is young, driven and with something to prove
                            Last edited by Awin; 07-12-2015, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X