Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are all the people who were calling Onuoha a donkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are all the people who were calling Onuoha a donkey?

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where he was described as such, and other unflattering terms. Do those of you who called him that, still think it?

At the time I thought it was crazy - the poor lad was constantly being shuffled around and played out of position. Yesterday I thought he looked as strong as ever. Where are the boo boys?

Still here mate. Been a lot better but that is hardly difficult. Still no captain for me, would give it to Hall in a second.

Comment

y'day was his best game for us this season , love him when he does what he's good at, heading , clearing the ball , tackling. my heart jumps when he starts playing the ball back to green. can never fault his effort but there is always a mistake in him that usually costs us . shouldn't be captain he's not vocal enough . playing along side hall is helping him as the kid oozes class

Comment

Played well yesterday and credit where it's due but I won't change my opinion just yet . Never a captain in a million years . Now hall on the other hand ....

Comment

ive just dropped off neds bail of hay and carrots.

Comment

Never anywhere near as bad as some made out. Few shaky games as you'll always have with players at this level, all in all more than capable and, on his day, a brilliant CB at this level. Been fantastic in recent weeks, him and Hall forming a great partnership .
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Never anywhere near as bad as some made out. Few shaky games as you'll always have with players at this level, all in all more than capable and, on his day, a brilliant CB at this level. Been fantastic in recent weeks, him and Hall forming a great partnership .
              Yep, he was the easy scapegoat imo.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I've been there since the start and really hoped he pulled through the shaky period he went through. You can see a very good defender in him and actually a good ball carrier from centre back. He might end up being a huge asset this season for his driving runs alone and with Sandro in the side, you sense he has the confidence to push ahead knowing he's got the Beast covering behind him. If that shot yesterday went in, just imagine the atmosphere.
                Also, just from a stats perspective alone, Onuoha has made the most Interceptions in the league this season of any player from any team. Incredibly, he also makes more forward runs than he actually gets beaten by others making forward runs (0.5 per game to 0.4).
                I'd also hardly blame him for the heart in mouth moments we get from Greeno attempting to kick. I'd rather not increase the chances of giving away the corner or a dangerous throw in.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I started a thread calling him the cause of our defensive problems, that said, he has been playing well of late and long may it continue, but the facts are, he has been crap over the last few years, even when playing at CB, but credit where credit is due, he has improved!

By the tone of your post OP, I suspect you think he has been great over the last few years?
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Hmmmmn. Excellent game yesterday. And against Boro. But Leeds were poor. Looking good next to Hall. But Clint and Hall were very solid too. Let's not hang out the bunting too soon though, eh?? One immaculate interception on Nugent was followed by him letting the fella run off him to hit the post. That's Ned. It only takes one error. Hall, so far, doesn't make them. Great shot from Ned first half however. Unlucky with that.

Comment

Never called him a donkey I think, but have probably come close. He has never filled me with confidence because he generally has been very poor on the ball and sloppy in passing. Defending without the ball he is usually half decent, but nothing special, IMO. Hope he keeps up the good performances, though.
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Not half as bad as some make out but equally no world beater. Better sit him in squad then without

His shot and its power reminded me of shittus against Chartlon few years back but if memory serves me right he shot from half way line

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where he was described as such, and other unflattering terms. Do those of you who called him that, still think it?

At the time I thought it was crazy - the poor lad was constantly being shuffled around and played out of position. Yesterday I thought he looked as strong as ever. Where are the boo boys?
                          I'm still here.. Sure, he has played well of late. But I'm not ready to take it back.

When we signed Onouha on massive wages, we signed a PL defender that could possibly push for an England place. Still have not seen that player. I think a lot of fans are too easily pleased. Grant Hall, the academy player we got on a free from Spurs that is probably on a fraction of what Onouha is on is a better player than him.
                          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Does seem to have passed a few by that that Neds "shaky" period coincided with our defence having to play a system that none of them were either confident or happy to play.

Swiftly rectified under Warnock and confidence is returning.

Comment

I'm just not sure he has the consistency to be a top centre back. He's never had a consistent good run of games where he has played well there either through performance or injury. Hoping this is the run of games. Is this warnock factor?

Comment

Working...
                              X