Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Be Happy With Nigel Pearson As Our New Manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are QPR who are people expecting? Laughable at times.

We've had the young pretender - Hughes FAIL

We've had the 'peoples choice' for England manager - Redknapp FAIL

We've had the 'Dream manager' - Ramsey FAIL

Why is Nigel Pearson such a bad choice for some?

Big yes for me.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I did say that the run at the end was amazing but over the course of the rest of the season, cmon now, harry did better than him. I don't think he's a terrible manager, but I think he is a decent (I suppose) manager who brings controversy with him, something which does not suit the remit of the club and the direction we need to move in. As for whether there have been changes, absolutely there have been. Okazaki has done a decent job for them, he's moved Vardy up front from the get go and had him scoring a ridiculous amount of goals and brought in Kante who has been a monster and imo, one of the best signings of the summer.
      I will support him with everything if he does come, but I really wouldn't like to see it happen as he would potentially damage the image of the club.
      Harry did better than Pearson? by 2 points..wow. Point is he would not have done better for the remainder of the season.

As for controversy.....who cares? Joey Barton was controversial yet was one of the best players we had all season.

Finally...I think you'll find that Vardy was already up front and scoring goals by the time Ranieri took over....not sure he should get the credit on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Harry did better than Pearson? by 2 points..wow. Point is he would not have done better for the remainder of the season.

As for controversy.....who cares? Joey Barton was controversial yet was one of the best players we had all season.

Finally...I think you'll find that Vardy was already up front and scoring goals by the time Ranieri took over....not sure he should get the credit on that one.
        As I said, he ended the season up top, but in the same way we all criticise Harry for only finally realising to play Fer in the middle too late, so too should Pearson have the same brought upon him. Also, I wasn't the biggest fan of Joey's controversy but seeing as he was already here, I wasn't going to get all angry at him. Same as with Pearson, my opinion (and everyone elses here) really doesn't matter at the end of the day. I'll support him if he comes, I'll be glad if he doesn't.
        Also we can't be sure how Harry would have done for the rest of the season, as you said, there was only 2 points between us and we could have gone on the same run (We also could have not, who knows). Point is that do I think Pearson's 'motivation' is worth the circus he most likely will bring? Not in my opinion but to some, it may be. Who knows. We'll see when we find out if he gets it or not. Personally, the ideal (if we go with British managers) would naturally be someone like Moyes/Rodgers/Lambert, who have something to prove but also have pedigree and most importantly - European knowledge and a good understanding of the intricacies of the sport.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          As I said, he ended the season up top, but in the same way we all criticise Harry for only finally realising to play Fer in the middle too late, so too should Pearson have the same brought upon him. Also, I wasn't the biggest fan of Joey's controversy but seeing as he was already here, I wasn't going to get all angry at him. Same as with Pearson, my opinion (and everyone elses here) really doesn't matter at the end of the day. I'll support him if he comes, I'll be glad if he doesn't.
          Also we can't be sure how Harry would have done for the rest of the season, as you said, there was only 2 points between us and we could have gone on the same run (We also could have not, who knows). Point is that do I think Pearson's 'motivation' is worth the circus he most likely will bring? Not in my opinion but to some, it may be. Who knows. We'll see when we find out if he gets it or not. Personally, the ideal (if we go with British managers) would naturally be someone like Moyes/Rodgers/Lambert, who have something to prove but also have pedigree and most importantly - European knowledge and a good understanding of the intricacies of the sport.
          "Circus" that Pearson would bring ?!!?! Would be welcome after enduring the media circus of Redknapp and all his bullsh*t.

As for the ideal - Moyes ?? Do me a favour....

Comment

Pearson would be a fantastic choice in my opinion.

Seen him referred to as nothing but a bully, but in the BBC piece that Robsondinho linked to, it looked to me very much like he had a genuinely good rapport with his players.

Absolutely nothing wrong with strict guidelines being set down and enforced. I would suggest that his methods of gaining the respect of the players has been infinitely more successful than the last few jokers that have been allowed to manage our club. Pretty sure I heard CR come out and say that he has a nasty side when needed. Didn't see any of it transfer to our performances personally.

Comment

Definite yes. Fu€k all that cr@p about a nice polite don't rock the boat manager, these players need a wake up caall.
              The bloke clearly knows how to motivate.
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Seen him referred to as nothing but a bully, but in the BBC piece that Robsondinho linked to, it looked to me very much like he had a genuinely good rapport with his players.

Absolutely nothing wrong with strict guidelines being set down and enforced. I would suggest that his methods of gaining the respect of the players has been infinitely more successful than the last few jokers that have been allowed to manage our club. Pretty sure I heard CR come out and say that he has a nasty side when needed. Didn't see any of it transfer to our performances personally.
                Kasper Schmichael on record as saying the best manager he's worked with

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  To be fair this is a good watch, and I cannot for the life of me imagine this going on at QPR.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26943611
                  A good watch. They have shown parts of this on telly here in Norway.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                    To be fair this is a good watch, and I cannot for the life of me imagine this going on at QPR.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26943611
                    Tbf I'm sure I read about Mark Hughes implementing similar sport science approaches when he was with us, players having their own drinks tailored to their needs following weekly tests etc.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                      Definite yes. Fu€k all that cr@p about a nice polite don't rock the boat manager, these players need a wake up caall.
                      The bloke clearly knows how to motivate.
                      This.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

good post. totally agree with you on this.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          good post. totally agree with you on this.
                          Unless we somehow coax Warnock to stay in charge until the end of the season at least, right?
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

no (answer to opening post question)

Comment

If he is hired, then I would support him (albeit reluctantly). Not sure if I can think of a manager who I dislike more (except Sherwood!).

Would like Warnock to stay in charge until the end of the season, and then reassess who is available then

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                                Agreed he is a bit of a loon but he did well at Leicester.
                                A loon will fit in well here then

Comment

Working...
                                X