Do you think fans are partly to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Don't agree I think they pretend not to hear as they cannot react like man on street would

Saying that some players do give bit back
    Yeah I reckon 90% of them get the right hump and at times really upset (henry the other week for instance), hence mild mannered players like chaz running up to a mouthy fan and letting him proper have it when he scores.

Comment

Don't agree I think they pretend not to hear as they cannot react like man on street would

Saying that some players do give bit back
      I think they do if it's the usual non-specific "your sh*t / useless / etc" - becomes like water off a duck's back.

The targeted personal attacks I'd concede are harder to take but I haven't heard too many shouts like that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
        And your customers do that by telling you to fu€k off because your a useless no good €unt, whilst your surrounded by your colleagues and other customers ?
        No, we don't get paid. Or we get told our life story and they don't come back. The direct comparison you are trying to make is kerrap but the principle is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          No, we don't get paid. Or we get told our life story and they don't come back. The direct comparison you are trying to make is kerrap but the principle is the same.
          Funny, you were the one who made the riduculous comparison in the first place.
          The bottom line is, if someones trying but are just not good enough then it's bang out of order €unting them off.
          If they clearly can't be ar$ed then that's different.
          As for all the "I pays my money I'm entitled to #### them off" for every fan who has that attitude there are three times as many fans who pay the same money and dont want to listen to some tw@t sitting behind them doing nothing all game but whinging and whining.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

The
            Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            Funny, you were the one who made the riduculous comparison in the first place.
            The bottom line is, if someones trying but are just not good enough then it's bang out of order €unting them off.
            If they clearly can't be ar$ed then that's different.
            As for all the "I pays my money I'm entitled to #### them off" for every fan who has that attitude there are three times as many fans who pay the same money and dont want to listen to some tw@t sitting behind them doing nothing all game but whinging and whining.
            As it happens I don't boo or sing we're #### and I haven't done a fire drill in 52 seasons but I can see both sides of the debate when sometimes we make more effort to get to a game than players display on the pitch. It's hard to rev yourself up to get behind the team when you feel so gutted by what you are looking at. Losing in a good match is one thing but don't tell me you haven't wondered on more than one occasion just what they do in training all week.

Comment

Yep as fans I personally think were some of the most spoilt and ungrateful out there.

We demand change get the change we want then moan that don't work blame everyone but ourselves then demand change again. The problem is we have owners who try and appease the fans instead of saying f uck off we run this club and we will run it our way

Them trying to keep fans happy and onside has been detrimental to clubs running.

We think were top fans but were not anymore we slate Fulham but in my view we might have bigger numbers then them but when it comes to vocal support etc were no better then them were S hit
              this + OP are both spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                You can hardly say spoilt. Yes we can remember the great late 80s-90s but the fans younger than 30 have been given 1 great day. Realistic pls west.
                eh? our 17,000 seater stadium has just seen premier league football in three of the past four seasons. yeah it wasn't much fun losing every week, once we got over the novelty of going to Anfield or watching Aguero and Silva play at Loftus Road, but don't tell me your average fan of a comparable sized club stuck in lower Champ / League 1 wouldn't swap positions.

We're spoilt in that Paladini and now Fernandes have always encouraged us to feel a few more signings were the solution to everything, that we deserved to be higher up the league that we were. And it's finally sunk in. Most of our fans believe the bs and respond violently the moment it isn't maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by qprdel View Post
                  If you did the job that you are paid to do properly there would be no need for critisism.
                  These players are paid handsomly to do a job,

You dont expect your plumber or electrician to screw up just because you are not nice.
                  Their job is to play football, not to win every single match while playing perfectly.

Many people posting on this thread sum up why the atmosphere at LR has been so horrible lately. Every player makes mistakes. We're acting like they must be perfect in order to warrant the support of our oh-so-precious fans.

Comment

kind of you to call in and patronise us from lfw again

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      kind of you to call in and patronise us from lfw again
                      I love how consistently wrong you are.

I don't post at LFW. Don't even have an account there.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        The
                        As it happens I don't boo or sing we're #### and I haven't done a fire drill in 52 seasons but I can see both sides of the debate when sometimes we make more effort to get to a game than players display on the pitch. It's hard to rev yourself up to get behind the team when you feel so gutted by what you are looking at. Losing in a good match is one thing but don't tell me you haven't wondered on more than one occasion just what they do in training all week.
                        I totally agree with you there Alan, there's nothing more frustrating than trudging down there on a freezing cold wet afternoon and the players don't seem to be up for it. I just think some fans have trouble differentiating between lack of effort and lack of ability. Your right about questioning what they do in training though, surely being able to send a corner kick into the danger area should be high up on the list of things they should practice. Thing is, whose responsible for what they do in training ?
                        Any player who clearly can't be ar$ed deserves to get it big time, they are a disgrace to the shirt, a la Bosingwa.
                        Other players such as Henry, who blatantly isn't up to it, should be given a bit more slack. He doesn't pick himself and as far as I can see he tries. He's just not cutting it but certainly won't improve if he's continually sl@gged off every time he touches the ball and even before he's even touched it.

For some of the others,
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Tbf you don't hear much at all in A block.

Comment

Going put my head up to be shot. Aside from being over paid was Bosingwa and worse then any other player??? He did after all kick up a fuss about not getting a game so at least he wanted to play and earn his corn we can name a few not as enthusiastic

Comment

Going put my head up to be shot. Aside from being over paid was Bosingwa and worse then any other player??? He did after all kick up a fuss about not getting a game so at least he wanted to play and earn his corn we can name a few not as enthusiastic
                              Bosingwa was a let down but he's not the devil some would have you believe. He wasn't our worst player that season, probably gets it worse due to his history at Chelsea.

I dont agree with booing our own players and some of our fans are definitely too quick to start slating them, which leads to a toxic atmosphere. At a club & stadium of our size there could/should be a chemistry between the players & fans. Obviously it's harder when things aren't going well but still… Still, there's always gong to be moaners, a lot of frustrated people who use football a way of venting their anger at the world, it's the same at every club.

Comment

i dont even think we have an atmosphere ,good bad or toxic at the moment .
                                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                                X