Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic article on the qpr situation atm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very good and insightful article IMO. The most seriuos and interesting, or should I say concerning piece for me, was how "we all of a sudden" seem to have changed the goal posts for what we want to acheive this season. If Air Asia is in such a mess as indicated, I really wonder where on earth the club will be financially next season, if we dont get promoted with the new manager?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Clive Whittingham
      These conversations used to be the mainstay of pubs and radio phone ins but they’ve grown into something more now. Everybody has a dozen ways of putting them forward – message boards, Twitter feeds, blogs, websites, message boards, podcasts. You venture your point of view, and somebody disagrees with it, so you argue back for days on end. You become entrenched in your view, it becomes extreme. Soon, in your own mind, you cannot possibly fathom why QPR haven’t sacked Chris Ramsey yet and it makes you angry, or you cannot stand that everybody seems so desperate for him to be sacked and that makes you angry. Before you know it you’re starting a petition to have everybody’s favourite mentally-sound Ostrich enthusiast Nigel Pearson installed or proclaiming in all seriousness that what’s happening at QPR at the moment is the “biggest sporting failure ever witnessed”. You become pro-Ramsey, or anti-Ramsey, with no middle ground - rather than just pro-QPR.
      Remind you of anything?

Comment

Wartrb^^
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Wartrb^^
          Got it in one Shania. You can't beat a healthy dose of satire.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
            This is a good example of the sort of unfair criticism Ramsey has been getting. Warnock won the league playing one up front every week, even at home, despite the stands/forums being full of people saying we should drop Derry or Faurlin for Rob Hulse or Ishmael Miller as we were controlling games easily (because, err, Derry and Faurlin were both playing). It's a perfectly valid formation.
            You've just made my point for me there - the reason most didn't complain (I can honestly never remember hearing a single fan screaming to bring on Rob Hulse by the way) about it when Warnock played 1 up front is because it worked. The reason everyone complained about it when Ramsey played one up front is because it didn't. If Ramsey had been controlling games and winning them easily, he could've played seven in midfield for all I cared. But he wasn't. I hardly see how that makes the criticism unfair.
            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 07-11-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Nothing to do with one up front as far as I'm concerned. Problem I have is the lack of any shape, organisation and creativity. Boring, ineffective football is something no manager will consistently get away with unless they are winning on a regular basis.
              Which comes from playing one up front and two holding midfielders, and then trying to force the better players into the side wherever he could. You're disagreeing with me whilst validating my argument.

Comment

Working...
              X