No announcement yet.

Controversial, I feel sorry for CR and LF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cali you said felt sorry for him so can we take it you no longer feel the need to turn the othe cheek for the dross you have suffered ?

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
      He has to play a system to suit the players he has, whatever system he thought he would play preseason has to be thrown out of the window.

Chery is no winger but is a 10.
      Phillips is no inside forward but is a wideman
      Austin is no target man but is a goal scorer
      Fer is no wideman but is a 10.
      Mas is no inside forward but a box to box midfielder.
      Ned is no FB.

That is six players playing out of position in the current system, big problem!

Austin may well be able to play up front on his own, but if the rest of the team is set up incorrectly, he will end up in areas where he isn't as comfortable!

Might even argue the point that JET was brought as a 10 but might turn out to be a good target man?

Change the system to suit the players!
      FB = Footballer?
      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
        FB = Footballer?
        Yes correct ... He is no footballer ,,,

Comment

By the way when we were signing Perch I read somewhere he could play C/H is that true ?

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
            I hope you realise I am not defending CR, I stated I felt sorry for him but I believe he should have made a better fist of things!

He tried to play players in unfamiliar positions, it hasn't worked, he needs to change things, if he starts with the same system and team, he truly deserves what he gets!

After preaching that he plays players out of position, I think he should play Paul Kon. at CB and bring Yun back if he is fit.
            Theres no way in the pit of Hedes that Konch should play Centre Half for us. Bloke is a midget that can't head the ball..... And before u tell me that that little Chilean Gary Medel plays Centre Half, I will tell you he is a zillion miles from being the footballer Medel is.

Comment

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it does now seem strange that we gave Ramsey a 3 year contract. Didnt impress during the few months in the prem, not that i blame him at all for that, but was then rewarded with a 3 year deal. Perhaps we were just trying to cement a 3 year plan and give him the time to execute it, but perhaps a better option would have been to give him a 1 year rolling? Cant see that he would have turned that down.

As i say, hindsight and wouldnt be an issue if we were in a play off spot now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it does now seem strange that we gave Ramsey a 3 year contract. Didnt impress during the few months in the prem, not that i blame him at all for that, but was then rewarded with a 3 year deal. Perhaps we were just trying to cement a 3 year plan and give him the time to execute it, but perhaps a better option would have been to give him a 1 year rolling? Cant see that he would have turned that down.

As i say, hindsight and wouldnt be an issue if we were in a play off spot now.
                If he is part of a three year plan he won´t get sacked unless we are in relegation trouble. Think that was probably the idea, when they signed him on the three year deal: Salary cap, development, integrating youth players, and generally changing the ethos of the club back to the days of yore.

Personally I have not been impressed with performances of late, but if they stick to the plan for a couple of years, then that´s fine by me. On the other hand I wouldn´t be surprised or upset if they sack him between now and January. After all, with the squad we have, I expected us to be automatic promotion contenders and at least in the play off spots after half a season. That is still possible, but increasingly unlikely, i.e. we can only afford two losses in the next 9 games. It all depends on the expectations and plans of the Chairmen/Board of Directors.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                  If he is part of a three year plan he won´t get sacked unless we are in relegation trouble. Think that was probably the idea, when they signed him on the three year deal: Salary cap, development, integrating youth players, and generally changing the ethos of the club back to the days of yore.

Personally I have not been impressed with performances of late, but if they stick to the plan for a couple of years, then that´s fine by me. On the other hand I wouldn´t be surprised or upset if they sack him between now and January. After all, with the squad we have, I expected us to be automatic promotion contenders and at least in the play off spots after half a season. That is still possible, but increasingly unlikely, i.e. we can only afford two losses in the next 9 games. It all depends on the expectations and plans of the Chairmen/Board of Directors.
                  This just isn't happening. Football is dross played out by mostly old men, no intergration of youth players at all.... We're playing pony but Kpekawa, Petrasso, Doughty, Furlong et all aren't getting a sniff.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                    This just isn't happening. Football is dross played out by mostly old men, no intergration of youth players at all.... We're playing pony but Kpekawa, Petrasso, Doughty, Furlong et all aren't getting a sniff.
                    Exactly this, if the club hope to return to the premier league it will have to have a team built around youngsters like this if it wishes to survive on the model TF and friends wish to pursue. If we were going straight back up next season, with the current 1st team minus afew, (Austin/Fer or retiring players etc) we'd go straight back down again.

QPR should be an overachieving team if in the top league, it's a relatively small club that was until recently, liked by the neutral. It's going to be the butt of jokes and scrutinised unfavourably until it realises that again, or we wait 10-15 years for the stadium, training ground and academy are setup and we become Stoke.

Comment

Well he has tried something different so fair play, Paul K as one of the CB, fingers crossed!
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        It is terrible I know. Thought in particular Kpekawa did really well when involved. Doughty as well...

Comment

Change of system, CR just never saw it, bless him!

QPR v Preston: Hoilett in as Warnock makes changes, PNE duo out

By West London Sport 07/11/2015

Junior Hoilett of QPR
                          Junior Hoilett has been given a starting place for QPR’s game against Preston – one of a number changes made by interim boss Neil Warnock.

Former Rangers manager Warnock, back in charge following this week’s sacking of Chris Ramsey, has also restored Sandro and Leroy Fer to the side and moved Karl Henry to right-back in place of the suspended James Perch.

Preston, meanwhile, are without the suspended John Welsh, while Greg Cunningham has picked up a knock.

QPR: Green, Henry, Onuoha, Hall, Konchesky; Faurlin, Sandro, Phillips, Fer, Hoilett; Austin.
                          Subs: Smithies, Chery, Emmanuel-Thomas, Luongo, Angella, Tozser, Polter.
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                          X