Brentford Predictions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    I know that this is a common belief amongst our fans, but I personally don't see the logic in it. Ultimately, Fernandes, Bhatia et al are businessmen. They can profess their love for the club all they like, but when it comes down to it the bottom line of the accounts sheet is what they are most interested in (as is it should be). Now if our owners are prepared to throw away £65m+ a season on PL TV rights money for the sake of a £2-3m a year contract to a manager capable of getting us up, then they must need a lesson in economics (which I doubt they do given their own financial status). Ramsey is in the job because he was a convenient appointment at the time. I would bet a pound to a pinch of sh*t that if we are still outside the play-offs (at worst) by Christmas, he'll be gone.
    OOOORRRR... maybe the fact that they are businessmen and that they are aware of the figures at stake and they are aware of the contract means that there is something that we fans don't - nor will we ever know - that makes Ramsey the right man... Just maybe, the fact that they are businessmen can be used as a positive and not a way to question them.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
      If warnock took this team over now we'd go up. Not a doubt in my mind. Other managers would give there right arm to have this squad of players. Plenty of teams have gone up with much poorer sides .
      I see it differently because although we have a very strong squad, we have too much imbalance to have a strong team that will finish top 2 / PO winners.

Hopefully in January, Warnock's experience in the transfer market can really help Ramsey AND Les address the squad issues then maybe we'll be in with a better chance than we have now (IMO).

Comment

Only 23 hours to go
        Last edited by Shania; 29-10-2015, 07:40 PM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          OOOORRRR... maybe the fact that they are businessmen and that they are aware of the figures at stake and they are aware of the contract means that there is something that we fans don't - nor will we ever know - that makes Ramsey the right man... Just maybe, the fact that they are businessmen can be used as a positive and not a way to question them.
          Not sure I even understand your point, but the fact that they are businessman had nothing to do with them selecting Ramsey. He was Ferdinand's appointment.

Comment

Absolute tosh.

Stick to the numbers stat boy!

Comment

I know that this is a common belief amongst our fans, but I personally don't see the logic in it. Ultimately, Fernandes, Bhatia et al are businessmen. They can profess their love for the club all they like, but when it comes down to it the bottom line of the accounts sheet is what they are most interested in (as is it should be). Now if our owners are prepared to throw away £65m+ a season on PL TV rights money for the sake of a £2-3m a year contract to a manager capable of getting us up, then they must need a lesson in economics (which I doubt they do given their own financial status). Ramsey is in the job because he was a convenient appointment at the time. I would bet a pound to a pinch of sh*t that if we are still outside the play-offs (at worst) by Christmas, he'll be gone.
              This.......with bells on!

Comment

Cannot find any logic in this post. Are you suggesting there is someone lined up and Ramsey is just in charge until they become available? The board have obviously succeeded in their fields but I don't trust their judgement in footballing matters at all…

As for the game, I cannot predict a loss against Brentford, we haven't sunk that low.

Comment

Brentford 2-4 QPR

Comment

1-1. Nervous of this one after the debacle at the Flumps.

Comment

how has the predictions thread for tonight's game gone into how Ramsey has no control

I feel really confident tonight (not saying much as thought we would slaughter Fulham), have a feeling we will get a pen as well. Any ideas when we last got one?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                        how has the predictions thread for tonight's game gone into how Ramsey has no control

I feel really confident tonight (not saying much as thought we would slaughter Fulham), have a feeling we will get a pen as well. Any ideas when we last got one?
                        Rotherham. Chaz scored it
                        You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

5 hours to go.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Broadly speaking agree with all that, it really is strange that an incoming owner / chair and board with a lot of business experience can get so many crucial calls wrong, which to be fair to him TF now admits. The low point was the timing of the Harry thing and the subsequent appointment along with bombastic PR pronouncements (while a couple of really credible and available candidates were apparently overlooked). But football is not like the airline business or steel or whatever. We've all seen well meaning multi millionaires walk into clubs with chaotic results. However, we are where we are and it could be worse.

And because of all this ditching Ramsey (and Les) now might be a really bad move, since there is no evidence at all that the powers that be are capable of making competent executive decisions re direction and management. And also because CR is learning on the job - that is the position we put him in, and he could just as easily improve as deteriorate. In other words, beware of what you wish for....

Comment

Oh yeah, prediction. 1 - 2

Comment

With the return from injury and to fitness of a lot of our squad, we really should be expecting a convincing win.

Unfortunately, all the noises coming from the players is how much they are up for it and we have seen all too often how that materialises once the whistle blows.

Gonna give them the benefit of the doubt one last time and plump for a 3-1 win.

Comment

Working...
                                X