Formation 4-6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Absolutely right, plain as day. Those rose-tinted specs need a good clean Nasser!
    I'm 100 percent certain that contact was made with the ball. To that statement, any contact made with the ball is enough to be considered a successful tackle of the ball and therefore not a foul. Watch the video from wednesday's channel, it runs much higher frames. He makes first contact with the ball, the arms are out and make contact with the player as he goes over but the ball is moved out of the way first. That is a fantastic challenge. Its not about rose-tinted spectacles, its about actually pausing right after Sougou makes contact, then keep pausing in slow motion as you see the ball get the tip of clints boot.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Don't know how to watch in slow motion on an ipad so just tapping play and pause, but still find it hard to tell.

I suppose the thing we should be most concerned about is that Hill badly mis-controlled the ball in the first place, causing the problem. Not the time or place to be taking those chances and most unlike him.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Just going to say that Clint won the ball on that challenge. It was an incredible recovery. Blokes injury came from taking a dive to try and get him sent off.
        That may well be the case now but I don't think anyone in the ground except the Ref and Chris Ramsey actually thought that at the time and 99 times out of 100 Clint would have been sent off............we/he got lucky. I still think he should have gone and had it been the other way round we wouldn't have been very happy now would we. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
          That may well be the case now but I don't think anyone in the ground except the Ref and Chris Ramsey actually thought that at the time and 99 times out of 100 Clint would have been sent off............we/he got lucky. I still think he should have gone and had it been the other way round we wouldn't have been very happy now would we. :-)
          I'll tell you what, there was an eerie silence in my section. I was so certain though at the time that I broke it and started clapping and praising the challenge. Then the player stayed down and I felt awkward. Feel in this instance we should be praising a championship ref for getting it right for once.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Don't know how to watch in slow motion on an ipad so just tapping play and pause, but still find it hard to tell.

I suppose the thing we should be most concerned about is that Hill badly mis-controlled the ball in the first place, causing the problem. Not the time or place to be taking those chances and most unlike him.
            That's what I was saying, he created the fire but at least he dealt with it himself. I can't believe he didn't check his surroundings.

Comment

• Poor control but did Green even give him a big man on shout?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                Someone better tell you know who

...I'll leave that for you Jim......I can't handle the barrage of percentages I'd get in reply!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  Absolutely right, plain as day. Those rose-tinted specs need a good clean Nasser!
                  Does it matter?.....seriously?.....

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Don't know how to watch in slow motion on an ipad so just tapping play and pause, but still find it hard to tell.

He said in interview that it was a bad error. Typical of him to hold his hands up. And not to take shy credit for the clean sheet. Given he hadn't played since August, not even in a development game, and that he turned 37 this well, think he should only be given credit for his performance tbh......

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      Poor control but did Green even give him a big man on shout?
                      Clint said he got no shout.

Comment

I'm 100 percent certain that contact was made with the ball. To that statement, any contact made with the ball is enough to be considered a successful tackle of the ball and therefore not a foul. Watch the video from wednesday's channel, it runs much higher frames. He makes first contact with the ball, the arms are out and make contact with the player as he goes over but the ball is moved out of the way first. That is a fantastic challenge. Its not about rose-tinted spectacles, its about actually pausing right after Sougou makes contact, then keep pausing in slow motion as you see the ball get the tip of clints boot.
                        I may be in the minority here but FWIW, I agree with you, just surprised the ref got it right because at 1st glance it looks a stonewall Red!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Not in a million years mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                            I may be in the minority here but FWIW, I agree with you, just surprised the ref got it right because at 1st glance it looks a stonewall Red!
                            It took me a few views to think that, and then a few more to go back to where I was at first haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              Does it matter?.....seriously?.....
                              No Dave, nothing matters. But since we're on a forum and Nass has made an unequivocal statement that Senor Hill touched the ball first, I thought, in the interests of veracity, I would check. And I discovered he was wrong. No contact is made. However, in a parallel universe, the one in which Nass is watching the same vid, Senor Hill did get a touch of the ball, and it was great defending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                Thats the sad truth of it mate. Im at the point where I don't think Ramsey is the right man for the job and should move on, but I will always give him credit if he's due it.
                                Exactly that.
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X