Ramsey backers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Its a desire to make sure I see every perspective that gives me an interest in stats. It was also going to watch Lyon play when I was younger which helped having seen how they used numbers and algorithms to make their signings.

Haha to be honest, I've been to a few away games and witnessed some travesties but I try and see every positive I can from all the performances after dealing with the negatives during the game. I probably spend most of the game complaining about some stuff I see but I stop at the full time whistle and just look for the positives from there. No point resting on them, gotta look at what we do right and do it more and then start working on getting rid of the stuff we do wrong.
    I don't know, call me old-fashioned but I prefer seeing whether a bloke can kick and head the ball properly and has a bit of bottle.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
      I don't know, call me old-fashioned but I prefer seeing whether a bloke can kick and head the ball properly and has a bit of bottle.
      You know Claude makelele was only signed to chelsea because of a statistician? Imagine if he didn't go, we wouldn't have a position existing in the way it does today.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Christ, you do not need stats to know if your team or players are good or not. Karl Henry may have covered the most ground, made the most "completed" passes, intercepted the most balls and made the most crosses, but if those crosses kept going out; the interceptions were to stop their player clearing the ball so it ends up going out of play for a goalkick or throw in; those completed passes were back to our keeper and his running stats were because he was forever covering empty ground then they mean f...all! All you need to do is watch a Dvd of the plonkers and then explain that football is about defending and scoring and you do that by running your heart out, tackling, passing to each other and shooting ON TARGET. Football is bloody simple

Comment

You know Claude makelele was only signed to chelsea because of a statistician? Imagine if he didn't go, we wouldn't have a position existing in the way it does today.
          If he didn't go to Chelsea he just would have carried on being the heartbeat of Real Madrid

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
            Looks like we are just doing a 'McCarthy' with Smithies... It's a policy the club it seems has with goalkeepers - whoever earns the most plays .. We did the same with green when Cesar was here.

I'm sure smithies will eventually move on having been used to being a first team regular and then we might go back in for Bentley
            And then we'll do exactly the same with Bentley.
            Besides, I thought Smithies was cr@p? That seemed to be the general concensus on here after seeing him once or twice.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Nasser... You need to stop using these comparisons.. Use ones that are relevant to us.. Man Utd, Johan Cruyff, Makelele do not apply. The teams, coaches and players have not got there through luck but Tactical nouse, financial backing, great players and experience.. Something that QPR haven't any of that.. So like I said, it doesn't apply to us brother.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                Nasser... You need to stop using these comparisons.. Use ones that are relevant to us.. Man Utd, Johan Cruyff, Makelele do not apply. The teams, coaches and players have not got there through luck but Tactical nouse, financial backing, great players and experience.. Something that QPR haven't any of that.. So like I said, it doesn't apply to us brother.
                Its not about applying to us it is the concept that people think stats are useless in the sport, which they most certainly are not.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                  So young and yet so full of stats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    If he didn't go to Chelsea he just would have carried on being the heartbeat of Real Madrid
                    Actually not true, Madrid never truly respected him like they should have. He had just hit 30 years when he signed for chelsea and many assumed that he wouldn't be able to do the work physically that he used to at madrid and marseille. What stats showed was that he actually was capable of lasting many more years (the stat which showed this i can't exactly remember), and he proved exactly that, being the heartbeat of chelsea for many years.

Comment

Its not about applying to us it is the concept that people think stats are useless in the sport, which they most certainly are not.
                      Well Nass if your admitting it doesn't apply to us you probably should stop bringing it up.. It's a QPR board.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Well Nass if your admitting it doesn't apply to us you probably should stop bringing it up.. It's a QPR board.
                        I just said it isn't about applying it to us. I never said it didn't apply to us. If you actually read my posts, it all does apply to us.

Comment

I just said it isn't about applying it to us. I never said it didn't apply to us. If you actually read my posts, it all does apply to us.
                          Confused again.
                          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• Stick your stats up your arris

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruislip Ranger View Post
                              Stick your stats up your arris
                              Oooh 5 posts in and you're giving me 5h1t. There's a stat for you to enjoy.

Comment

Confused again.
                                Stats will always pertain to us. The issue I see with your original post is that you state we have no financial backing, no tactical nouse, no great players and no experience. And yet, you forget that we have had all of these recently, just never together. We have financial backing with great players but no tactical nouse (yet) and limited experience at this moment in time. With HR here for a long time we had Financial backing, Good players in general and plenty of experience but no real tactical nouse. With MH here we had Financial backing, Tactical nouse (to a degree, although he showed capability of it in the past and more recently), with (some) great players but no experience. And with Warnock here, we had Tactical nouse, one great player, plenty of experience but no financial backing for a long time. So all of this does pertain to QPR, just because the examples i've used don't doesn't mean the concepts they run can't.

Comment

Working...
                                X