Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFP.Thought this had been sorted at £8m?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks klonk. Sounds as though we agree that nothing has been decided yet.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

we should probably all bear in mind the following quote from lee hoos in the k+b times article:

“Part of my biggest challenge in my role at this club is to bring revenue in and expenses down. Right now we still have significantly greater expenses than revenue, but we’ve certainly made a start in resolving that.”

our ffp problems appear to be far from over (although we get this year off because we were in the prem last year and different rules apply) and even with barton and co out of the door, we still have significant cost issues. no one should expect that we're going to go out and pay big money for jordan rhodes etc at any point in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Don't know why people even compare us to Forest and Cardiff as cases are totally different and in my opinion there worse in what they done then us

We overspent but at least paid our fees they overspent brought players in but never paid up hence their embargo
        Think this point is often overlooked. They bought players and never actually had the funds to make the payments. FAR WORSE that what we are accused of doing.

Think all this FFP is utter Bull. Perhaps because we have a healthy owner, but trying to think objectively, it is such a simple non-problem. An individual wants to buy a club. He has to pay the outgoings and receives the incomings. Should be allowed to spend whatever the hell he likes. His money, his loss if people look at it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
          Think this point is often overlooked. They bought players and never actually had the funds to make the payments. FAR WORSE that what we are accused of doing.

Think all this FFP is utter Bull. Perhaps because we have a healthy owner, but trying to think objectively, it is such a simple non-problem. An individual wants to buy a club. He has to pay the outgoings and receives the incomings. Should be allowed to spend whatever the hell he likes. His money, his loss if people look at it that way.
          Agreed don't get this whole FFP situation at all especially with the disparity between Premier League and Football League, even though teams are going up and down each season. Yes be more stringent about who takes over at a club initially but once approved he/she should be able to do as they wish with their money.

Comment

I've always thought that the concept of fining an organisation for being massively in debt is effing insane. Ban us from the League Cup for 25 years..... I'd bite their hand off.

Comment

Why is it dragging on?

Because there's the possibility that the FA can be sued in to oblivion. It's fundamentally against EU law - and potentially very defamatory. You cannot screw someones business in public. Ergo: The law firms are having a buffet.

And now you've got that Frog-munching plank who helped to orchestrate it all on the ropes...... So, they're gonna be even more up against it.

We may be cr&p...... But this is one game we defiantly won't lose..........

Comment

Agree. We have to fight this. If we pay the 8 million we're letting them win. We don't live in a country of communism. So we should shove this bollo cks down their throat. They're becoming as corrupt as those sacked wan kers at Fifa. Well done the club for not being bullied. Any fans that wants to knock the club is out of order IMO!
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                  we should probably all bear in mind the following quote from lee hoos in the k+b times article:

“Part of my biggest challenge in my role at this club is to bring revenue in and expenses down. Right now we still have significantly greater expenses than revenue, but we’ve certainly made a start in resolving that.”

our ffp problems appear to be far from over (although we get this year off because we were in the prem last year and different rules apply) and even with barton and co out of the door, we still have significant cost issues. no one should expect that we're going to go out and pay big money for jordan rhodes etc at any point in the near future.
                  Well unless I've completely misread all the stuff about our fine, As far as I can tell it's the season, after our 2 seasons in the prem that
                  we're being done for, and that was supposed to be a "free" season too

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Well unless I've completely misread all the stuff about our fine, As far as I can tell it's the season, after our 2 seasons in the prem that
                    Hence why their rule won't hold up IMO.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      I've always thought that the concept of fining an organisation for being massively in debt is effing insane. Ban us from the League Cup for 25 years..... I'd bite their hand off.
                      Bring back debtors prison!
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

yeah... sorry i explained badly.

we were in the prem for 2 seasons and lost lots of money.

then we were relegated and still lost lots of money (and this is what the current discussion is about)

then we went back up and probably still lost a lot of money (although we won't know until the accounts are published)... but we won't pick up either a fine or an embargo for this because we were covered by prem rules and we're ok for the 2014-15 season.

now we're back in the championship, and seemingly still losing loads of money, although we won't know how much for another year... but we might cop for an embargo in about a year-and-a-bit.

Comment

Jeez it's confusing
                          See to me, we shouldn't have ever been done in the 1st place, having, as you explained been in the prem, and under their rules.
                          As we all know you can't just get rid of players without paying up their contracts, so this legislation brought in to stop clubs,
                          going bust...lol, would if clubs did this would create more insolvency.
                          Seems only QPR fans can see this, with the rest of the league claiming we should be fined £57mill......Ridiculous.

Comment

Jeez it's confusing
                            See to me, we shouldn't have ever been done in the 1st place, having, as you explained been in the prem, and under their rules.
                            As we all know you can't just get rid of players without paying up their contracts, so this legislation brought in to stop clubs,
                            Seems only QPR fans can see this, with the rest of the league claiming we should be fined £57mill......Ridiculous.
                            Unfortunately, the FL seems to have some vendetta against regular success. The teams in it seem to have some level of jealousy that they can't get financial support and yet when they do, they don't know how to use it. Obviously we haven't used our finances particularly well either but to only spend 2 season in the 5 he's been here, Fernandes has done a better job than the Venky's or that bloke at Nottingham
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Jeez it's confusing
                              We are being "done" for our season in the Championship Dave - the one that ended at Wembley.

For me, the so-called FFP rules are blatantly illegal and the word "fair" in the moniker is a gross misrepresentation! What is fair about ensuring the rich clubs can hog all the best players and win everything (by preventing the smaller clubs from investing in an attempt to compete)?!

Comment

Working...
                              X