Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFP.Thought this had been sorted at £8m?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFP.Thought this had been sorted at £8m?

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...fore-10255563?

Yeah it has but the club don't even want to pay that and are fighting it, so it will take a year till the outcome is officially announced.

Comment

Far from sorted, a few beano tabloids reported a month ago that it would be 8 mil.
      No conclusion has been reached by the fl as of yet.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        Far from sorted, a few beano tabloids reported a month ago that it would be 8 mil.
        hits, i think the fl have reached their conclusion and the club has reached its conclusion. it's just that they're not the same one. process is ongoing to reach some sort of joint conclusion. i suspect the reports of £8-10m were in the region of where it will end up, but the league has a lot to do to save face. fans of forest and blackburn in particular are regularly misinformed by various bits of the media about how ffp works and feel that we would be getting off lightly with £8m fine (even though this would still possibly be the highest ever fine in domestic football).

Comment

I'm quite pleased Rangers are fighting the £8 mill fine too. Way too high.

Are we being told that there is not going to be a new stadium in that piece btw?

Comment

What you hoping for, the hundred million fine then?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              What you hoping for, the hundred million fine then?
              Anything to get Tony out of the club for Hits #BrokenRecord
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Yeah it has but the club don't even want to pay that and are fighting it...
                And quite rightly so IMHO. Kudos to the club for not surrendering gutlessly on this matter at least.
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  And quite rightly so IMHO. Kudos to the club for not surrendering gutlessly on this matter at least.
                  Well put, I've got a feeling it won't be a single penny fine.

Comment

When the same "beano tabloids" were reporting a 60 million fine, you had no problem believing it

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                      hits, i think the fl have reached their conclusion and the club has reached its conclusion. it's just that they're not the same one. process is ongoing to reach some sort of joint conclusion. i suspect the reports of £8-10m were in the region of where it will end up, but the league has a lot to do to save face. fans of forest and blackburn in particular are regularly misinformed by various bits of the media about how ffp works and feel that we would be getting off lightly with £8m fine (even though this would still possibly be the highest ever fine in domestic football).
                      Are you just speculating or do you have a source to back that up?

My understanding at the moment is the same as Hitman's - that discussions are ongoing and nothing has been decided. The article linked above seems to bear that out too.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

It will be next year at the earliest before QPR find out if they ducked fine up to £57 million imposed by the Football League for breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

New Rs chief executive Lee Hoos predicted last night that wrangling with the game’s authority will drag on beyond Christmas.

Hoops have brought in a clutch of experts and witnesses to fight their cause, and the smart thinking is penalty around £8m will be agreed, but the club are fighting tooth and nail against even that.

Rangers are charged with overspending £65.4m in 2012-13. They reduced their expenditure in 2013-14 by £22m - thanks to chairman Tony Fernandes and shareholders writing off £60m in loans.

The argument centres on whether the FL accept the write-off, and ignore pressure from elsewhere in the game to make an example of Hoops.

The Rangers CEO thinks the small army of legals hired by the club are earning their money.

Hoos added: “We are collating witness statements and expert testimonies. There are multiple arguments on that front, including how things came into being.

“I can’t see a decision this side of Christmas. I’m not a big fan of paying lawyers lots of money, but when you have a case to state you need a thorough argument about it.”

Looks like the club are expecting to not hand over a penny piece to me mate.

Comment

I just hope we don't end up paying even more as a result of fighting it.

Comment

Don't know why people even compare us to Forest and Cardiff as cases are totally different and in my opinion there worse in what they done then us

We overspent but at least paid our fees they overspent brought players in but never paid up hence their embargo

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                              Are you just speculating or do you have a source to back that up?

My understanding at the moment is the same as Hitman's - that discussions are ongoing and nothing has been decided. The article linked above seems to bear that out too.
                              i think it's clear that there's a difference of opinion between what the league think we should pay and what we think we should pay (lee hoos basically says this in the article that the op links to).

same link makes clear that we are in a process of arbitration (as does today's article in kilburn and brent times http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...hoos_1_4270370).

when i say "i suspect that...", it means what it says - my speculation.

anyone who has glanced at any local press in nottingham or blackburn areas (or local bbc radio coverage) will have read/heard various dullards going on bout the 'outrage' of us 'only' paying £8m while they have a temporary transfer embargo in place (fwiw i know which one i'd rather we copped for, if we had a choice), they all think we should pay £50m+ and have an indefinite transfer embargo put on us too (tbh, they'd probably have us deducted 60 points, relegated straight to league 2 and have tony f face a united nations tribunal accused of crimes against humanity too, but not necessarily i that order). anything to avoid asking themselves why forest (a team who have been out of the top division for 16 years now) or blackburn (now in their 4th season outside of the premiership) are paying their players so much money....

Comment

Working...
                              X