No announcement yet.

Talk of tiny tims era coming to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilkins looked relaxed commenting on the Italy game last night. Another half million in the bank no doubt coming his way soon
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      No chance him coming here neither would I want him. The guy has failed in virtually every job he has had and we played dire football when he was last involved. Why would anyone want him back in any capacity
      Eh? Unbeaten while McClaren was on the coaching staff, won away at tough places like Leeds and Bolton and then absolutely played Middlesboro off the park?

Personally thought we played the best we have done in recent times when McClaren was coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Eh? Unbeaten while McClaren was on the coaching staff, won away at tough places like Leeds and Bolton and then absolutely played Middlesboro off the park?

Personally thought we played the best we have done in recent times when McClaren was coaching.
        We got results but we were just as unentertaining as we are now. Think people are giving him to much kudos for that season. We won games when he was here and we continued to win games when he had left

Probably a more entertaining side after his exit.

Comment

We got results but we were just as unentertaining as we are now. Think people are giving him to much kudos for that season. We won games when he was here and we continued to win games when he had left

Probably a more entertaining side after his exit.
          Personally would rather be unentertaining and get points and results rather than be entertaining and don't. My opinion of course. Both would be great though lol
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            Personally would rather be unentertaining and get points and results rather than be entertaining and don't. My opinion of course. Both would be great though lol
            Agree with you ginge would take ugly one nil from now until the end of the season. I just don't get McLaren obsession (not talking directly about you Mush) as we were shocking when he was here just kept clean sheets and nicked a goal at the other end. Anyone who went yeovil away can testify to this

Mclaren as no2 could kind of get my head around but anything else no chance

Comment

Agree with you ginge would take ugly one nil from now until the end of the season. I just don't get McLaren obsession (not talking directly about you Mush) as we were shocking when he was here just kept clean sheets and nicked a goal at the other end. Anyone who went yeovil away can testify to this

I think with HR we never showed too much attacking intent anyways so McLaren just looked boring and pure defensive. Put him as a pure defensive coach for that back 6 and we could see a potentially better type of football than when he was first here (hopefully)
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Really thought the club would of got someone in during the poxy international break to help ramsey out. Even if it was someone like Bardsley, just to try and teach the defenders to defend,

Comment

Strange but I saw it differently when McClaren was with us. We were solid at the back and had decent movement around the pitch. We lacked goals but we've got the players for that now. Would personally love to see McClaren back in the coaching set up (agree not as manager).

Comment

Strange but I saw it differently when McClaren was with us. We were solid at the back and had decent movement around the pitch. We lacked goals but we've got the players for that now. Would personally love to see McClaren back in the coaching set up (agree not as manager).
                    Agree. McClaren isn't a manager in a million years but you won't hear a bad word about him on the training pitch from any of his former players. Would be excellent to help CR out, and also a lot more experienced tactically.

..........All this we were rubbish when he was coach is complete tosh. Hardly free-flowing but set up soundly and won games comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      Agree. McClaren isn't a manager in a million years but you won't hear a bad word about him on the training pitch from any of his former players. Would be excellent to help CR out, and also a lot more experienced tactically.

..........All this we were rubbish when he was coach is complete tosh. Hardly free-flowing but set up soundly and won games comfortably.
                      Very true, it all went Pete Tong after he left us for Derby. Harry was left looking a right plum coming up with all sorts of excuses. McClaren knows how to coach but not manage
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Ah I don't think his mum likes him , I don't think I like Pearson but would have him here in a flash
                        Agreed, I would take Pearson but I would rather see how CR pans out firstly and secondly I think Pearson is a better manager than TS

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          Agreed, I would take Pearson but I would rather see how CR pans out firstly and secondly I think Pearson is a better manager than TS
                          Agreed with you.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Agreed - it was after he left that performances nosedived under Harry's crablike tactical genius.

As said elsewhere, McClaren is clearly an excellent coach - just look at his CV in that role. But there's no way Les and Chris would bring him in, IMO.

Comment

People seem to forget when Mc laren was here coaching we generally in a run easy games , as regards to winning ugly I think I've seen enough ugly this season there's no excuses for it Westy I could take the crap when we were in shlt st with just a bunch of free's and collection buckets but this time we have near enough a lower half prem side

Comment

All about.opinions I guess mate. Nah it wasn't pretty to watch but one things for sure, we were a hell of a lot more solid at the back with him behind the scenes. Wouldn't want him as manager properly though.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2