Steven Caulker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    None of this surprises me, there have been rumours doing the rounds about his battles with the booze for a while now.

The question for me is that if we as fans can find out he's a raging p*ss head within a few months of him signing for the club, why didn't our management and scouts know about it? Or maybe they did and turned a blind eye. Either way it's a big mistake, we'll have no chance of getting our 8m quid back on him.
    Redknapp should be sued for this one!! You are on the money, AND without even scouting, he knew him from his Spurs days.

I was so surprised Spurs sold him and to Cardiff, no one else would touch him, then we got him, he, like Barton held out hoping other clubs would come in for him, but none did.

I really hope this guy pulls himself together, he really has all the tools to be a top class CB, I feel we should have kept him and put him in a recovery programme, we have invested £8m plus wages, we can't just push the problem onto someone else and hope they can sort it! Caulker is our investment, we have to terminate his loan in Jan and give him the help he needs as a person and a club investment!!!
    Last edited by californiahoop; 13-10-2015, 07:03 AM.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
      Redknapp should be sued for this one!! You are on the money, AND without even scouting, he knew him from his Spurs days.

I was so surprised Spurs sold him and to Cardiff, no one else would touch him, then we got him, he, like Barton held out hoping other clubs would come in for him, but none did.

I really hope this guy pulls himself together, he really has all the tools to be a top class CB, I feel we should have kept him and put him in a recovery programme, we have invested £8m plus wages, we can't just push the problem onto someone else and hope they can sort it! Caulker is our investment, we have to terminate his loan in Jan and give him the help he needs as a person and a club investment!!!
      I think the loan from Southampton was pretty good for us financially. As I understand it they are paying all of his wages plus a sizable loan fee. Obviously he is probably devaluing as an asset with very little game time and his contract coming closer to completion but I think given the circumstances it was a decent bit of business for us!

Comment

I think the loan from Southampton was pretty good for us financially. As I understand it they are paying all of his wages plus a sizable loan fee. Obviously he is probably devaluing as an asset with very little game time and his contract coming closer to completion but I think given the circumstances it was a decent bit of business for us!
        Got to agree Tarbie wev'e bougt a stoomer and not for the 1st time Cali is nuts to suggest cutting his loan by half , give half his loan fee back pay his wages for 6 more months yeah not very bright was it Cali , he was a stoomer on the pitch without his drunkun fisticuffs also Cali has to realise a drunk has to want help just being given help wont work by it's self no let this poor gentle dear rot and get shot asap

Comment

Ok let's see, we jump up and down because we get an extra 6 months fee, then spend all of next season with the same problem again? I agree a drunk has to help himself but as a club, we have to at least attempt to protect our investment, we tried to pass the buck and hope someone else sorted out our mess, it hasn't worked, cut our loses, get him back and help him!

It appears he has had these issues for a while, we brought him knowing he had these issues, so we are to blame, as I have stated above, deep, deep in there is a player.

I remember a certain Tony Adams driving through front gardens drunk as a skunk, he pulled himself around, help him and in the long run, we will have a gem, he is still only 23, the lad has 10 + years ahead of him as a CB.

I for one think he is worth spending time on, pull him back at Xmas, put him in rehab and get him ready for next season, we will have to do it at some stage so better now!
          Last edited by californiahoop; 13-10-2015, 08:18 AM.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Ok let's see, we jump up and down because we get an extra 6 months fee, then spend all of next season with the same problem again? I agree a drink has to help himself but as a club, we have to at least attempt to protect our investment, we tried to pass the buck and hope someone else sorted out our mess, it hasn't worked, cut our loses, get him back and help him!

It appears he has had these issues for a while, we brought him knowing he had these issues, so we are to blame, as I have stated above, deep, deep in there is a player, I remember a certain Tony Adams driving through front gardens drunk as a skunk, he pulled himself around, help him and in the long run, we will have a gem, he is still only 23, the lad has 10 + years ahead of him as a CB.

I for one think he is worth spending time on, pull him back at Xmas, put him in rehab and get him ready for next season, we will have to do it at some stage so better now!
            Football was a very different game back then mate. There a whole host of players pre-2000's who led very successful careers despite drinking heavily and/or not taking care of themselves that well. Adams, Gazza &, Merson were all heavy drinkers. Our own Alan McDonald was a heavy smoker, as was Gianluca Vialli. Then you have players like Matt Le Tissier, Jan Molby and Neville Southall who played their whole careers 2 stone overweight but still made it to the top.

These days diet, fitness and conditioning is such a huge part of the game. Players who do not treat their bodies right will be found out, regardless of how talented they are. Ask Adel Taarabt if you don't believe me!

Comment

Ok let's see, we jump up and down because we get an extra 6 months fee, then spend all of next season with the same problem again? I agree a drunk has to help himself but as a club, we have to at least attempt to protect our investment, we tried to pass the buck and hope someone else sorted out our mess, it hasn't worked, cut our loses, get him back and help him!

It appears he has had these issues for a while, we brought him knowing he had these issues, so we are to blame, as I have stated above, deep, deep in there is a player.

I remember a certain Tony Adams driving through front gardens drunk as a skunk, he pulled himself around, help him and in the long run, we will have a gem, he is still only 23, the lad has 10 + years ahead of him as a CB.

TONY ADAMS WANTED HELP
              When he gets back he will give the club plenty of opertunity to terminate his contract and if he has half a brain (whichI doubt ) he will want and get his own help

Comment

Let's hope he wants and gets help also!
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Football was a very different game back then mate. There a whole host of players pre-2000's who led very successful careers despite drinking heavily and/or not taking care of themselves that well. Adams, Gazza &, Merson were all heavy drinkers. Our own Alan McDonald was a heavy smoker, as was Gianluca Vialli. Then you have players like Matt Le Tissier, Jan Molby and Neville Southall who played their whole careers 2 stone overweight but still made it to the top.

These days diet, fitness and conditioning is such a huge part of the game. Players who do not treat their bodies right will be found out, regardless of how talented they are. Ask Adel Taarabt if you don't believe me!
                  Ask Adel Taarabt if you dont believe me , christ that quote cought us all off side Tarbie

Comment

Both Adel and Caulker are a serious waste of talent, all very sad!
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

A couple of stories on him out and about and everyone on here assumes he is a pi$$ head with a drinking problem???

I live close to esher and have had a few stories similar to this. Stinks of arrogance and ego, but wouldnt suggest the bloke needs rehab like some on here are suggesting.

I remember what i was doing at 23 and this incident sounds like it would have been a quiet night for me.

think he will be a decent player once he matures and if he can lose this ego he seems to have,

Comment

Sane as that. But was you in the public eye getting fifty grand going in your abbey national every week mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Sane as that. But was you in the public eye getting fifty grand going in your abbey national every week mate?
                          think i would probably be dead by now if i was!

Just think people need to calm down a bit. Nothing to say the lad is a pi$$ head who needs rehab!

Comment

Anyone worked out the dates, we had had five defeats on the spin and that was on a Sunday night at 1am about seven hours before training,

#rightsort #justmisunderstood #whatdrinkproblem

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                              So glad he is away from our team at the moment
                              Hopefully for ever. Rubbish player. And, it would seem, an unpleasant person.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Anyone worked out the dates, we had had five defeats on the spin and that was on a Sunday night at 1am about seven hours before training,

#rightsort #justmisunderstood #whatdrinkproblem
                                What a lowlife.

Comment

Working...
                                X