Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    Why is everyone so down on Nedum. He works hard, is an offensive threat with his head on set kicks in the box, and is relatively aggressive. Agree he may not have been the consensus pick for captain -- would have preferred Austin. My pick for a back line is Onouha Hill/Hall Angella Yun with Sandro in front of them.
    Wouldn't have Onuoha at right back but agree he should be in there for sure.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      Why is everyone so down on Nedum. He works hard, is an offensive threat with his head on set kicks in the box, and is relatively aggressive. Agree he may not have been the consensus pick for captain -- would have preferred Austin. My pick for a back line is Onouha Hill/Hall Angella Yun with Sandro in front of them.
      You've half answered your own question.

Ned is a centre back yet you would rather play others in that position, because he's not good enough.

Slow, switches off regularly, messes up possession when under pressure and nearly always lets it bounce.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
        You've half answered your own question.

Ned is a centre back yet you would rather play others in that position, because he's not good enough.

Slow, switches off regularly, messes up possession when under pressure and nearly always lets it bounce.
        Now I've heard everything. Apparently Ned is slow. He does have mistakes in him with the bouncing I'll agree but I don't think he is as bad as many think and he certainly isn't slow.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Now I've heard everything. Apparently Ned is slow. He does have mistakes in him with the bouncing I'll agree but I don't think he is as bad as many think and he certainly isn't slow.
          Yep, see your point.

I actually meant slow as in slow to react / read the game at times.

Didn't mean slow as in speed.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
            Is this not the best way to sort out our hopeless defence

Bring in Sandro in front of back 4

Bring in Clintmaster at Cb will Hill Cb

bring in Yun to Lb

Job Done......

Hardly rocket science is it Ramsey

I honestly think that I could improve our performances more than this manager...
            Smithies in net, drop Green;

Recall Harriman from his loan and get him in at RB and keep Perch no where near the first team! He is the ultimate pony!

Ned and Hall at CB, dropping Angella as he looks an awful buy too! That CB partnership did give us our only clean sheet of the season in the league after all! Have Clint on the bench just incase;

Yun at LB, or if not fit, get the boy Kpekwa in. He looked good in the early games of the season when he played. We just don't need anymore old 30 plus players in the back four. Sorry Konch, but we need to look to a long term future not the past;

And finally, to protect that back 4, Sandro sitting in front when we play home games and perhaps 2 holding midfielders away from home. So Sandro and Ale in the middle when we are away from Loftus road.

That's what I'd like to see.

Come on You R'rs!!!!

Comment

Green
              Ned Hall Hill Konch
              Sandro Faurlin/Henry

Let me explain.
              Ned at right back because Perch is god awful.
              Hill in for Angella because a) the bloke has proven everyone wrong time and time again since he signed, and b) Angella cannot head a ball.
              Konch over Yun at the moment for the simple facts that a) Yun isn't fit, and b) Konch has improved with every game for us and doesn't warrant dropping.
              Sandro is a no brainer alongside Faurlin (or Henry if Faurlin isn't fit). Please for the love of God get rid of Toszer.
              And give Hill the armband back. We need a leader.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Well you select an injured left back and a midfielder has hasnt been fit.

but hey, dont let the facts get in the way of knocking Ramsey

Comment

My problem with people blaming the Chief is that Perch & Angella are so bad he's having to cover them, which makes him look bad and getting caught out of position too often covering the others, i'll admit he hasn't started well but this maybe why, he cant rely on the others to do their job, also with 2 non tacklers in midfield Henry & Tozser(or Tossee* as i prefer to call him we're getting exposed through the middle and no protection for the back 4

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                    Well you select an injured left back and a midfielder has hasnt been fit.

but hey, dont let the facts get in the way of knocking Ramsey
                    Assume you're replying to Lincoln, who has said if not fit Kepekwa,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      My problem with people blaming the Chief is that Perch & Angella are so bad he's having to cover them, which makes him look bad and getting caught out of position too often covering the others, i'll admit he hasn't started well but this maybe why, he cant rely on the others to do their job, also with 2 non tacklers in midfield Henry & Tozser(or Tossee* as i prefer to call him we're getting exposed through the middle and no protection for the back 4
                      Could well be that....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        No your plan sounds fine to me, but we are still waiting on Yun and Sandro,
                        What kind of injury is he struggling With?
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

It's been so long it could of actually been a broken leg. Haven't got a clue what it really is, but it must be bad,

Comment

There is one big problem that none of these suggestions resolve. When a team attacks on the flanks with full back and wide player, our wide midfielders never effectively get back and help the full back to stop the crosses. With Chery and Phillips wide this is unlikely to be resolved.

Comment

Could be, Kevin Mcleod. Thanks, anyway. It will be good to have him back, imo. More competition for the LF is also good.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                It's been so long it could of actually been a broken leg. Haven't got a clue what it really is, but it must be bad,
                                It's a knee injury.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2