Charlie's Frustration...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie's Frustration...

Clearly Charlie is not buying into the current system; why else all but defy CR game plans by posting up around midfield much of the game. Three options: (1) we ignore our only true, and truly determined, star; (2) we add another striker on the front line who has speed to complement CA's goal scoring ability; (3) we bring more speed and ability into the midfield behind CA; translation: Mackie, Sandro, Phillips, Luongo, Chery

He is NOT a player who does well in a lone striker role. He knows it, the fans know it, it's just the most important man of them all doesn't right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
      He is NOT a player who does well in a lone striker role. He knows it, the fans know it, it's just the most important man of them all doesn't right now.
      He knows his weakness, the issue for him is that if he wants to be seen as a top striker by the big teams he may want to sign for, he has to adapt to a 1 up front formation. Not many play with two strikers in the 'top' sides.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

He doesn't like playing up top on his own , he needs some help, the manager hasn't got a clue

Comment

Charlie needs to learn to be able to play that lone role though... Especially if he wants to be a prem striker. He needs to be able to do it.

Comment

The problem was yesterday he had no one on the bench who could play up there with him. Poltser injured and unproven and JET not on the bench. Still one striker short and note I haven't even mentioned Mackie - we need more than enthusiasm.
            No one pulls my strings 😉

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Charlie needs to learn to be able to play that lone role though... Especially if he wants to be a prem striker. He needs to be able to do it.

100% this. He knows it as well.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Be more frustrated now the goal yesterday has been given as an OG.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  Be more frustrated now the goal yesterday has been given as an OG.
                  Terrible decision that, was on target and going in and the player had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Austin is having to pick the ball up in midfield because the 2 CM's are just not dominating or, more concerning, able to pass properly.

Get a combination of Sandro and Faurlin/Fer in the middle and Austin can concentrate on that lone striker role.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Austin is having to pick the ball up in midfield because the 2 CM's are just not dominating or, more concerning, able to pass properly.

Get a combination of Sandro and Faurlin/Fer in the middle and Austin can concentrate on that lone striker role.
                      Yes. This. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Terrible decision that, was on target and going in and the player had nothing to do with it.
                        Yep awful decision.
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Tbf, I haven't seen any replays, but in play I did think his shot was just going across the face of goal and not in until it took the deflection.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Correct the goal was an own goal the balls old have gone across the goal but Chery was at the back post , but Charlie's shot wouldn't have gone In,without the defenders touch

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              Correct the goal was an own goal the balls old have gone across the goal but Chery was at the back post , but Charlie's shot wouldn't have gone In,without the defenders touch
                              I haven't seen a close up replay, but if the shot was going off target then yes OG.
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                              X