Rob Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    What the really embarrassing thing is, we got rid McCarthy after hardly playing for us who is now the number 1 goalkeeper at a top half table prem side...
    Biggest Ramsey / Les / QPR mistake and said it from day one. Sticking with Green was unforgivable. McCarthy would of been our GK for the next 4-5 years had we put him in when he was needed IMO.

Comment

• My real issue with Green on Saturday was why did he haul the player down too, knowing he would be sent off. We all make mistakes but it was the fact he then hauled the player down and sent us down to 10 men. The reaction of the side too after the sending off was a little worrying as they seemed totally lose focus. Would rather have lost 3-1 having a go than whimper out 2-1 without having a shot in anger.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        What the really embarrassing thing is, we got rid McCarthy after hardly playing for us who is now the number 1 goalkeeper at a top half table prem side...
        Tbf (see your point) but McCarthy has a buyout clause met, so we oculdn't do anything about it even if we wanted to.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
          My real issue with Green on Saturday was why did he haul the player down too, knowing he would be sent off. We all make mistakes but it was the fact he then hauled the player down and sent us down to 10 men. The reaction of the side too after the sending off was a little worrying as they seemed totally lose focus. Would rather have lost 3-1 having a go than whimper out 2-1 without having a shot in anger.
          Once he had made the initial error, he had to bring him down. If he didn't, it was 1-1. Giving them a pen rather than a goal gave us a chance of keeping it 1-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Once he had made the initial error, he had to bring him down. If he didn't, it was 1-1. Giving them a pen rather than a goal gave us a chance of keeping it 1-0.
            I think it's the natural reaction isn't it?

In the cold light if day he'd have been better just to let the Forest striker score and not get himself sent off. We would have still been in the game at 1-1 with 11 men!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I think it's the natural reaction isn't it?

In the cold light if day he'd have been better just to let the Forest striker score and not get himself sent off. We would have still been in the game at 1-1 with 11 men!
              Yea hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Imagine though if he had lost the ball and just stood there & watched their striker roll it into the net, he would have been castigated

Comment

• Hats off to Green for apologizing. With said, if Smithies can finally show he's got some promise in Blackburn game, would stick with him for Hull City. Time for Green to understand that he's not different than almost any other player (short of Charlie) when it comes to a playing spot on this team: you have to compete for it. History, experience and basic human nature confirms that it sharpens your focus and amps your effort.

Comment

• Green 100% at fault and he knows it. But credit to him for at least admitting it rather than attempt a feeble excuse.

I think CR is getting off a bit lightly though because of Green's error. Mate pointed out that the game in general was reminicsent of the way we played in this league under that tool Redknapp. Hard to argue with, bearing in mind the level of performance compared to our available players.

Much more of the same and I can see him starting to get a really hard time from those that have up until now showed some patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                    Hats off to Green for apologizing. With said, if Smithies can finally show he's got some promise in Blackburn game, would stick with him for Hull City. Time for Green to understand that he's not different than almost any other player (short of Charlie) when it comes to a playing spot on this team: you have to compete for it. History, experience and basic human nature confirms that it sharpens your focus and amps your effort.
                    All I know is that we have to get behind Smithies on Weds and not #### him off,maybe his confidence is low but slagging him off will not help one bit.

With regard to Green I was not pleased when he came to us and whilst he has had some memorable games for us play off final springs to mind he is and always
                    will be capable of dropping maybe up to 5/6 clangers a season.

So there you have it we have to back Smithies big time on Weds.

Comment

• Personally cannot wait til Green has gone.. Too many errors far too often for me.

Comment

• Green has been very, very good for us for 2-3 seasons, despite some clear mistakes he has made. Perhaps the ratio is 1 big mistake in 10 games. I admit he has started this season poorly, but would you rather have those really average Championship keepers like Wolves, Rotherham, Nottingham have? I know I wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                          Green has been very, very good for us for 2-3 seasons, despite some clear mistakes he has made. Perhaps the ratio is 1 big mistake in 10 games. I admit he has started this season poorly, but would you rather have those really average Championship keepers like Wolves, Rotherham, Nottingham have? I know I wouldn't.
                          Doc if your saying a ratio of one big mistake in 10 is OK then were bang in trouble. Mistakes happen but the target should be zero mistakes and zero tolerance

Said before if he really don't have confidence or ability to kick back pass he would be better just picking it up at edge of box and giving away an indirect free kick and we just stick a wall up and hope they screw the free kick up better then a pen and 10men

My lasting memory of Green in goal for us was him at the same end as Saturday retreating behind his line against WBA them scoring then him complaining. Saw everything I needed to see of him in that one incident and he's followed it up with error after error after error with the odd outstanding save thrown in here and there

Comment

• Just dont understand why he brought their player down. Give the goal away, forget about it then it is 1-1 and 11 v 11

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              Green has been very, very good for us for 2-3 seasons, despite some clear mistakes he has made. Perhaps the ratio is 1 big mistake in 10 games. I admit he has started this season poorly, but would you rather have those really average Championship keepers like Wolves, Rotherham, Nottingham have? I know I wouldn't.
                              No way his errors are that frequent. He farks up maybe twice a season? Not saying that's perfectly fine of course, but just saying its definitely less than every ten games. Agree with what you say about him over a lot of the pony keepers in this league though.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Doc if your saying a ratio of one big mistake in 10 is OK then were bang in trouble. Mistakes happen but the target should be zero mistakes and zero tolerance

Said before if he really don't have confidence or ability to kick back pass he would be better just picking it up at edge of box and giving away an indirect free kick and we just stick a wall up and hope they screw the free kick up better then a pen and 10men

My lasting memory of Green in goal for us was him at the same end as Saturday retreating behind his line against WBA them scoring then him complaining. Saw everything I needed to see of him in that one incident and he's followed it up with error after error after error with the odd outstanding save thrown in here and there
                                Last paragraph a tad OTT west? I'd tend to go the other way and say it's great save after save in recent years with the odd error thrown in? I know given Saturday's calamity fresh In the mind it's easy to forget the good stuff, but last year (Chelsea goal aside!!) he was brilliant for us and kept us in god knows how many games.

Comment

Working...
                                X