Rob Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    I think mine and your opinion of a 'top keeper' is different Matty!

He cant, catch, punch, kick, control a ball or protect his near post.

What he can do well is... Save shots, that is all.
    Didn't say top keeper mate, but a very good one. Yep he has his downfalls but overall he is a very good keeper and that's a view backed up by more than 1 England national team manager, so I would be inclined to say that he is. Like I say though, he does have an absolute clanger in him more frequently than he should which can kill us, exacty as it did Saturday.

I am one of his biggest fans but no defending Saturday, was woeful & cost us hugely.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Have to agree on 'top keeper' comment.

Matty is one of the best posters on here but if Green is international level, and a 'top keeper' we have some really shite keepers in England. He's above average at very best.

Just seen Mattys reply. He said very good keeper. I could agree to an extent. Concentration of a goldfish though.

Comment

• would have had more confidence in bentley if we had signed him. instead, it looks like green markII on wed
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• as acts described on saturday. greens 90 mins consisted of falling on his ar se when kicking the ball, taking two goalkicks which missed the effing pitch, diving to save a drop ball back pass from a forest player, then trying to control a bouncy ball with his effing knees followed by bringing down their player.

not to mention his dopy grinning throughout the game.

#gormlesstw@t

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            Have to agree on 'top keeper' comment.

Matty is one of the best posters on here but if Green is international level, and a 'top keeper' we have some really shite keepers in England. He's above average at very best.

Just seen Mattys reply. He said very good keeper. I could agree to an extent. Concentration of a goldfish though.
            Tbf maybe there is an element of sentiment from me when I speak about Green, maybe I think he is slightly better than he is. He has been outstanding for us in many many games, but it does make that hard to justify when he does things like Saturday. Could almost forgive a young keeper for such an error, but for a veteran keeper it is inexcusable. Part of me now wishes we had a slightly "lesser" keeper maybe (ie wont make as many match winning saves), but one that is more predictable and won't crop up with ghastly errors like Green.

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            would have had more confidence in bentley if we had signed him. instead, it looks like green markII on wed
            It's terrible as he has barely played for us, but I have ZERO confidence in this Smithies. 1st goal v Carlisle he could have come out & clattered their bloke to prevent the goal, he looked nervy as you like Saturday and that second goal... Well, it's lucky Green done what he done so to take all the flack or Smithie would be castigated for that. Shocking to let that i. I just hope it's nerves and he settles down now he has a chance to stake a claim for the no1 spot. Hope he makes me eat some humble pie!
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• we have had some rank keepers over the years, ie nicky johns, tony roberts, bankole etc

best keeper i remember in my time was jan stejskal. whatever happened to him when he left.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Tbf maybe there is an element of sentiment from me when I speak about Green, maybe I think he is slightly better than he is. He has been outstanding for us in many many games, but it does make that hard to justify when he does things like Saturday. Could almost forgive a young keeper for such an error, but for a veteran keeper it is inexcusable. Part of me now wishes we had a slightly "lesser" keeper maybe (ie wont make as many match winning saves), but one that is more predictable and won't crop up with ghastly errors like Green.

It's terrible as he has barely played for us, but I have ZERO confidence in this Smithies. 1st goal v Carlisle he could have come out & clattered their bloke to prevent the goal, he looked nervy as you like Saturday and that second goal... Well, it's lucky Green done what he done so to take all the flack or Smithie would be castigated for that. Shocking to let that i. I just hope it's nerves and he settles down now he has a chance to stake a claim for the no1 spot. Hope he makes me eat some humble pie!
                same here mate, if he plays a blinder or has a clean sheet then i will be chuffed to bits for him and us.

just dont have much confidence in him at the moment

Comment

• Phil Parkes, David Seaman , Chris Woods and Peter Hucker.

#OnlyFocusOnTheNegtivesAsThereHasNeverBeenAnyPosit ives

Comment

• If only those slating Green could remember his points winning performances as clearly as his bloopers.
                    Yes he ballsed it right up, as did Smithies when he came on. 1 & 1/2 games for Smithies so far and hasn't impressed in either.
                    My last post on this

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Phil Parkes, David Seaman , Chris Woods and Peter Hucker.

#OnlyFocusOnTheNegtivesAsThereHasNeverBeenAnyPosit ives
                      Paddy Kenny?????....Now my last post

Comment

• I've had enough of him .

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          If only those slating Green could remember his points winning performances as clearly as his bloopers
                          Who says we haven't Dave? I have read many posts / threads on good Green performances, but gets a slating when he's not up to par and rightly so.

Comment

If only those slating Green could remember his points winning performances as clearly as his bloopers.
                            Yes he ballsed it right up, as did Smithies when he came on. 1 & 1/2 games for Smithies so far and hasn't impressed in either.
                            My last post on this
                            Think we remember the games his cost us just as much........ Chelsea at home anyone?

Comment

Paddy Kenny?????....Now my last post
                              That's the last keeper we had that I liked.
                              Last edited by A Man Without A Clue; 14-09-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• What the really embarrassing thing is, we got rid McCarthy after hardly playing for us who is now the number 1 goalkeeper at a top half table prem side...

Comment

Working...
                                X