Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QPR defer Austin contract talks

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...s-with-striker
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Nish = Nothing/Free
      Tea Boy = Young person who serves tea to other people.
      Liverpoool = Land of thieves in the north of england.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Nasser much as I love your facts and figures Fredericks has now signed for two different clubs since you've had him in your sig.. Maybe time to remove him?

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
          Nasser much as I love your facts and figures Fredericks has now signed for two different clubs since you've had him in your sig.. Maybe time to remove him?
          And stick Charlie in there ahead of JET.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            This is a quote straight from Tony Fernandes and it without a doubt holds true for every single club in football.

Look at Barcelona and Real Madrid as examples here, they have presidential campaigns for the club and in those campaigns, the candidates will actually offer to sign the players the fans are hoping to see the club buy.

Also, Ignore them being free necessarily, top clubs have a vendetta (arsenal to a degree withheld from this criticism) against cheap signings. Fans always want the money the club earns to be reinvested into the club. Simple as that. Hence why the Glazers are hated up in manchester. They run the club like a business and make a profit, then take it out of the club for themselves.
            I'm still disagreeing with you Nas. Firstly the TF quote at no point mentions transfers, only that the the fans are vocal which probably means they demand results not specific players. Secondly I accept that the most big teams like to spend money on players but that doesnt prevent them also signing Charlie on a free. If he gets his head down and scores 20+ goals this season (which he is more than capable of) he's 26 and English, there will be a queue of clubs fighting for his signature in the summer if he chooses to leave and I'm sure he will get a decent move.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              I'm still disagreeing with you Nas. Firstly the TF quote at no point mentions transfers, only that the the fans are vocal which probably means they demand results not specific players. Secondly I accept that the most big teams like to spend money on players but that doesnt prevent them also signing Charlie on a free. If he gets his head down and scores 20+ goals this season (which he is more than capable of) he's 26 and English, there will be a queue of clubs fighting for his signature in the summer if he chooses to leave and I'm sure he will get a decent move.
              He was discussing that the game is reliant ultimately on pleasing the fans, be it results or signings. They are the shareholders as he puts it. As for having clubs fighting for him, you are right, but how many will be the "right club". We've seen him say that he wants a club that he can actually call an improvement on his stature right now, very few will match that. Living in london is probably quite important which already brings it down to 5 clubs. Palace aren't a club I envisage him going to and I really don't think that he'd want to go to West Ham any more. That leaves Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea and I don't think he'd go to Chelsea to benchwarm. That's 2 clubs and maybe Man Utd.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                #KeepTheFaith We'll sign him on loan when he realises the mistake he's made
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  I can only think of 1 or 2 big signings that were free that fans didn't pan immediately and those were Lewandowski and Pirlo. Look at the prem examples for free transfers: Chamakh, Milner, Kolo Toure, Joe Cole, Voronin.
                  Surely that's because good players generally don't leave on free transfers? Toure, Chamakh, Voronin, J Cole etc. are/were either poor players or past it at the time of their transfers.

I doubt Juve fans were complaining when they signed Llorente, Pogba or Khedira on frees, and no fans in the world would be against signing De Gea or Ibrahimovic when their contracts expire next summer.

Comment

Working...
                  X