Austin's Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin's Contract

A lot of people are stating the only benefit to Austin signing a new contract would be to the club. That it makes no sense for Austin to sign a new contract when he can just walk away for nothing at the end of the season and get a huge signing on fee etc.

I don't totally agree. Say his current contract is the reported £20k p/w, if we were to offer him a new contract at our top earners level reputed to be £45k p/w then over the course of the next 10 months till his contract expires he would pocket an extra £1 million! Not to be sniffed at even in footballers terms.

So he would lose this mega signing on fee that some clubs might offer him next Summer but there's nothing to stop our board offering him a mega signing on fee as part of his new contract, it's worth it in the sense they would be saving the £10 - £15 million they stand to miss out on if he walks for free.

Throw in a non promotion release clause of £10-15 million and I think it would be Austin and his agent that would be silly not to give it some serious thought.

I don't think this one is over, the legend may be born!

It's a joke our some players are on more wages than charlie, toillet and traore for instance do sod all but spunge off the club,, surley we can make him the highest paid player and put in a release clause if we don't get promoted
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Sorry I forgot he can go on a free,, just double his wages Rangers atleast
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Can't see us offering a mega signing on fee with our new philosophy. I can see him being offered 40k a week to bring him in line with our top earners though, whether he signs it is another question. As well as the possibilities of a ludicrous contract, the key to Austin leaving on a free IMO is that he has more chance of signing for a top club. As an option of an English striker who scores goals he will be highly attractive to all prem clubs on a free, it is when you add the £15 mill fee the bigger clubs dont feel it is worth it as he will probably be 2nd choice to the main man. (especially with the notion he struggles playing the lone striker role) If he signs a new deal with us then the only reason I can think of is loyalty and for that reason he may deserve "legendary" status.

Comment

Austin may yet sign a new contract with Qpr. What the press and everybody else is forgetting about was that if he lets his contract run out and say pick's up a Acl injury in march he would most miss most of the next season nobody would give him a contract till he was fit again so he could risk loosing a wage for the best part of a year.

Comment

Any goal or assist bonuses involved in his contract? He gets really ####ed off when Fer tries to blast the ball goalward through 15 players instead of the easy pass to him.

Comment

Easy get shot of Hoillett & Traore and pay him what he wants about £45k a year and if they won't go or go out on loan freeze them out send them home, don't let them train or get anywhere near the squad, so they can't be disruptive,and let everyone else know exactly what they are like SWP GREEDY Wa####s

Comment

From someone I know and trust at the club. Make of it what you want, but here's is what I was informed. Green is currently the highest paid player at the club - approx £2.8m per year. Very closely followed by (in no particular order) Hoilett, Sandro, Fer & Traore. They club would of saved almost £4.5million a season by offloading Traore and Hoilett. Scary when you think of it.

I will add some of those fees are high because they were either free transfers or the deals done to bring them to QPR involved taking over part of or some of their previous contracts with their parent clubs.
                Last edited by superhooper; 03-09-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

toilet& crapore are a disgrace! CA is good bloke but I dont think he will sign unless we go up simple as that which is why this season more than last could be vital.Not sure we can get up this year but with 30 + goals pos CA it could be do able he may well get the vip goals that we need spartan attitude is needed by us now.

Comment

Originally posted by roller25 View Post
                    A lot of people are stating the only benefit to Austin signing a new contract would be to the club. That it makes no sense for Austin to sign a new contract when he can just walk away for nothing at the end of the season and get a huge signing on fee etc.

I don't totally agree. Say his current contract is the reported £20k p/w, if we were to offer him a new contract at our top earners level reputed to be £45k p/w then over the course of the next 10 months till his contract expires he would pocket an extra £1 million! Not to be sniffed at even in footballers terms.

So he would lose this mega signing on fee that some clubs might offer him next Summer but there's nothing to stop our board offering him a mega signing on fee as part of his new contract, it's worth it in the sense they would be saving the £10 - £15 million they stand to miss out on if he walks for free.

Throw in a non promotion release clause of £10-15 million and I think it would be Austin and his agent that would be silly not to give it some serious thought.

I don't think this one is over, the legend may be born!
                    Yes, there are lots of reasons for Charlie to sign a new contract with us, if the terms are right. I don't know what kind of "free agent" bonus he is likely to get so it's hard to say which path is likely to be better for him. But if we don't go up and he has an average season, then next summer he will be a 27 year old forward with only one season of Prem experience and I have a feeling the big fat fee he is holding out for may not be as fat as his agent thinks.

I remember reading somewhere that he is on £28kpw with us right now. I also remember reading that he has said he wants £45kpw so I'd offer him £50kpw. That would be an extra £22kpw in his pocket for the next year.

Once the contract is signed then the discrepancy between his PRICE and VALUE will disappear and he is SURELY worth at least £15m!!! So, I'd include a release clause of £15m, active only if we don't get promoted (we could still sell for less if we wanted to, but we wouldn't be forced to).

As you've said, signing now would provide long term insurance against injury for Charlie and his family. If he wants to take the risk of running down his contract for the sake of ensuring a fat fee for his agent next summer then fair play to him but he is taking a chance with his financial future.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Regardless of what happens with Charlie you've just got to hope and pray he don't get injured.

Comment

Austin would be an idiot to sign a new contract with us and I don't believe he is.

Even if he made lets say and extra £1.5m in wages bonus over the next year if he walks away and a club doesn't need to fork out a fee to buy him then he could pocket potentially a £2-5m signing on fee and higher wages than he would normally have got.

Also if he signs and we don't go up if the club still want £15m and no one bids again for a second season running he is stuck in the championship which to be honest he is far too good for.

Makes not one bit of sense for him to sign anything in my opinion.

Comment

I Wonder how much Rhodes is on? Compared with Charlie.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                            Austin would be an idiot to sign a new contract with us and I don't believe he is.Even if he made lets say and extra £1.5m in wages bonus over the next year if he walks away and a club doesn't need to fork out a fee to buy him then he could pocket potentially a £2-5m signing on fee and higher wages than he would normally have got.

Also if he signs and we don't go up if the club still want £15m and no one bids again for a second season running he is stuck in the championship which to be honest he is far too good for.

Makes not one bit of sense for him to sign anything in my opinion.
                            Excuse me, but why look at it that way? We are supporters of QPR. No pun.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Can't believe Traore is one of the highest earners when he only signed a new 2 year deal last summer when he wasn't ever an important player for us previously and has had his attitude questioned the whole time he's been here. If he is then that is laughable and shows how badly run we were

Comment

Working...
                              X