15 Million... Should go up to 20M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    No chance Charlie going to West Ham now. Also some of the clubs previously linked have sounded a lot of doh and prob don't have another 15 mill to spend ie Newcastle, or palace...
    Rumours are Charlie isn't interested in the likes of Norwich or Sunderland. WBA might be serious contenders of they sell berahinio. Also I wouldn't rule out Bournemouth. Very good little outfit, it's where he's from and personally think they will be fine this year.

Think it's 50/50 atm as not to many options around for him unless Spurs blow berahinio deal.
    Must admit I always thought Bournemouth.

Comment

They the sort of club to change their whole structure and pay fifteen million for a player and break their transfer record and also that of so many other already established prem clubs?

Comment

Their main man got a hattrick today too
        I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

With every goal he scores his price rises exponentially.

#GotItLes?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Should've been asking for 'at least' £20m to start with!.... If we dont sell, we're stuck with a goal machine and the best striker we've had since Sir Les for the rest of the season.
            Totally agree Nick! The only reason we have priced him at only £15m is because there is only one year left on his contract. But the number of years remaining on his contract does not affect the number of goals he is going to score! Hence his PRICE at the moment is far below his VALUE. If we think we have a shot at promotion with Charlie in the team then we should definitely hang on and go for it (unless there are financial reasons why we have to sell).
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I don't get it, if his price is below his value then why hasn't anybody snagged a bargain??

Comment

Sorry MYU but this is a silly post

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  I don't get it, if his price is below his value then why hasn't anybody snagged a bargain??
                  Because they are hoping for a bigger bargain next summer.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Still don't get it though, if for instance a thirty grand jag was for sale for twenty grand, would every potential buyer who badly needs a car think, dont buy that uber bargain thats worth so much more than the actual price cos next year it will be even cheaper? I honestly think it's what us as fansof chaz think he is worth is different to the people who pay the prices!

Comment

Still don't get it though, if for instance a thirty grand jag was for sale for twenty grand, would every potential buyer who badly needs a car think, dont buy that uber bargain thats worth so much more than the actual price cos next year it will be even cheaper? I honestly think it's what us as fansof chaz think he is worth is different to the people who pay the prices!
                      You can't compare a car to a football player though Kevin because you can't pick up a good car for nothing when its contract runs out!

That's just the way it works in football - when you have only one year remaining on your contract, your PRICE in the transfer market goes down because teams anticipate picking you up for nothing in one year.

Comment

I know what your saying and for the record I think Charlie is worth every single penny of 15 million, but cos nobody is paying I don't think any club does

Comment

nobody is paying I don't think any club does
                          Oh they'll pay alright Kev, they're just playing the waiting game to see who makes the first move, then it'll most likely end up a bidding war in the final 48hrs.

Comment

I can't believe anyone thinks he'll actually still be here at the end of the window!

We're trying to play hard ball in a we buy any car situation.

We have to sell but we're trying to show the missus we're a proper wheeler dealer!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Rubbish he signed a contract willingly, not forced with an arm behind his back, so he is our asset and we can set the price we want. His right of employment is not being blocked as he is employed by us and are paying his wages as agreed so no breach of employment act has taken place. Your spouting rubbish
                              This!

Comment

Working...
                              X