Stanley Bowles was on a par with Messi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley Bowles was on a par with Messi

...according to Gerry Francis on this weeks's QPR Podcast. It sounded like a very bold statement to come out with but he insisted he was serious.

I attended every home game of the 75/76 season, and think I'd have to agree. Looking back now it's incredible to think we had such a world-class talent grace our club for all those years.

Listen here:

WELCOME STAN AT 2.45PM ON SATURDAY!

HOOPS: SPECIAL EDITION PROGRAMME FOR #STANBOWLESDAY

SHOW STAN BOWLES YOUR SUPPORT

To me he was more entertaining than Messi probably not as good but the best footballer I have ever had the pleasure to witness live and I saw Best, Gasgoine, Hoddle, Le Tiss etc ! Stan was the Man !

Comment

Is he well enough to be at his day tomorrow?

Comment

Making an appearance at 2.45.

Comment

Might be biased here,but I have to agree with Francis,best I have ever seen,the man was absolute magic,turning people inside out for fun,lethal finisher and was cocky with it,you don't get them anymore and I was so pleased to have witnessed him live as a kid,messi is No2

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Making an appearance at 2.45.
            Class cheers

Comment

Never saw him play but my Dad said he was great, especially as they were on the pub together just before the game started!!! Haha
              The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Gutted I can't make it tomorrow, stan was in his prime when I started going to rangers, my dad loved him, skill wise he was only second to george best in my opinion but character wise he was worth ten of bestie !!!!! STANLEY, STANLEY, STANLEY, STANLEY, sing it loud and proud tomorrow one and all.

Comment

Never saw Stan play, but my old man always bangs on about him. To say better than Messi is a big big statement. Did Stan do it on the world stage? European Cup before it was called the Champions League? No disrespect to him as I never saw him and I trust my old man, and your guys judgement on him, but Messi is regarded the best to ever play the game (not my opinion by the way as I think 2 or 3 were better than Messi).
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

Gerry Francis should know for sure how good the man was.....

Comment

Just to add, when you watch a vid on QPRPlayer, they have the ident at the beginning of previous R's goals, and the John Motson one
                      "And Bowles makes it looks easy!"....Sums up for me how Stan played.....Just head and shoulders (like Messi) above the rest ...#sublime

Comment

The greatest maverick ever
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Stan was brilliant and the most skilful player in the club's history and will probably never be bettered........ But on a par with Messi! No chance for me!

Comment

Watched every home game in 75/76, and IMO a football genius. The best by a mile.

He was also fortunate that he had great players like GF Don Masson and Don Givens around him.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Stan was brilliant and the most skilful player in the club's history and will probably never be bettered........ But on a par with Messi! No chance for me!
                              Messi simply the best player ever in my opinion
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                              X