Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I always wondered,,,,,is this actually CR's team ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always wondered,,,,,is this actually CR's team ?

Sure some of you out there might have wondered the same thing ? Anyhow, I had what I thought to be a rather interesting text from a very good friend of mine back home there. We go back to our teen years and he goes along and watches pretty much any game involving Rangers whatever the age group or level. Mostly at home now, not as many away. Anyhow, this is the exact text. No idea if this is factually 100% the case, but the actual source is 100% reliable at it was straight from the horses mouth.

"Spoke to ramsey for a min at the u21s today about joey. I said he covers everywhere on the park and hes a leader which we lack.he admitted we lack a leader.he said hes not involved with transfers in any way at all either in or out. I told him to have a word with your mate Les. He smiled and said cheers"

In a follow up text he said the club did want to keep Joey but it was all about wages. He asked about any thought of a coaching position for him and got no answer.

With regard to transfers tho' and if this were true, is it really good policy. Surely he must have some say, but he very clearly indicated very little or 'none' at all.

So, not in the know at all but I thought this might be of interest and wanted to share.

Whoever is bringing in the players is doing a bad job, so doesnt matter either way

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
      Whoever is bringing in the players is doing a bad job, so doesnt matter either way
      I have to agree. I thought konchesky was the worst player on the pitch and with that turn of pace would also get shown up playing non league. The fact we have hill starting which is fine but to have 2 small oil tankers on that side is asking for trouble. I really had hoped that we'd address the clear lack of pace we've had throughout the squad for the last 10 years, just makes our play so pedestrian and predictable
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
        I agree with you 100% and for myself I have a real problem with CR for any number of reasons. I only posted because we often have discussion about this now being 'his team', unlike last season, and it would appear that with regard to player personnel, it may very well not be. Again, is this good club policy if true ?

Comment

Originally posted by RangerMick View Post
          I agree with you 100% and for myself I have a real problem with CR for any number of reasons. I only posted because we often have discussion about this now being 'his team', unlike last season, and it would appear that with regard to player personnel, it may very well not be. Again, is this good club policy if true ?
          Can i just ask is it that the person bringing the new players in is doing a 'bad job' because we have lost a game away, won a cup game away and drawn at home?
          Or because some rubbish journo who makes up stories cos he lost his source at the club is spreading leon best is signing?
          Or is there another reason i have forgotten?

Comment

Me, I'd like the manager to bring in his own players as he is the one that knows who he needs.

DOF waste of time and extra wages.

Comment

How often does a DOF get the sack if the results go badly, it's pretty much always the manager so if he has no say on players coming in or out he is in a very weak position from the start.

While I am sure this is true I generally dismiss stories of "my mate told me", it would be strange for CR to be discussing transfer policy and wages via text with a fan.

Comment

ramsey comes across as a 'yes' man ,it happens at other clubs where chairman buy their own choices and tell the manager to get on with it.maybe he sits down with les and they discuss it together then les has the final say , whatever we won't ever get to the bottom of it

Comment

Chris Ramsey is the Head Coach and Les Ferdinand is the Director of Football.. That's how it normally works. CR identifies what he needs and LF goes and gets it. Like I said that is how it normally works but as its QPR I'm sure a game of Rock, Paper, scissors or Wheel of Fortune is involved.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                    How often does a DOF get the sack if the results go badly, it's pretty much always the manager so if he has no say on players coming in or out he is in a very weak position from the start.

While I am sure this is true I generally dismiss stories of "my mate told me", it would be strange for CR to be discussing transfer policy and wages via text with a fan.

This was just a very brief one minute one to one in person. Not a text. Whether true or not, I am 100% certain the conversation took place. It was also fairly common knowledge I think that Joeys wages might well have been a major sticking point. My mate was making the point that he wanted Joey back at the club and that was the answer re player personnel. It might only have been a way to get out of the conversation, that we don't know. The point I was making is, that for me personally I would much prefer the manager to be very involved even tho' any final decision might not rest with him.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerMick View Post
                      This was just a very brief one minute one to one in person. Not a text. Whether true or not, I am 100% certain the conversation took place. It was also fairly common knowledge I think that Joeys wages might well have been a major sticking point. My mate was making the point that he wanted Joey back at the club and that was the answer re player personnel. It might only have been a way to get out of the conversation, that we don't know. The point I was making is, that for me personally I would much prefer the manager to be very involved even tho' any final decision might not rest with him.
                      all entirely possible... no idea whether barton was offered a new deal or not, but the word from leeds was that he turned down £20k a week from them (which was presumably more than we would have offered these days), so if we did offer him a deal and he's bothered about money (both plausible), then little wonder that nothing much came of it.

agree that barton is a leader on the pitch, but he also feels like a reminder of an age i'd like us to leave behind. we need his guts, but not his brassneck.

Comment

Now I'm in big trouble ! My last post on here, period. Damn !

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Can i just ask is it that the person bringing the new players in is doing a 'bad job' because we have lost a game away, won a cup game away and drawn at home?
                          Or because some rubbish journo who makes up stories cos he lost his source at the club is spreading leon best is signing?
                          Or is there another reason i have forgotten?
                          below par players, inept tactics, rubbish preseason, yet again players not fit, only "good" game {laughable} was against a weak league 2 side, who were happy to roll over.
                          i thought all this before the leon best saga, that just makes it worse.
                          whether a CR team or LF team, you cannot polish a turd
                          been a fan 40 years so not a knee jerk reaction either.
                          Last edited by Quaz; 17-08-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Pisses me off watching Bournemouth tonight. Decent side with a quarter of the resources we've had.

Reinforces the ineptitude of those making the decisions.

Comment

...but this is not exactly news. Ramsey is Head Coach and Ferdinand DoF. Why should the Head Coach get involved in transfers? They appear to me anyway to be a double act and Ramsey is only involved in coaching and tactics. Of course, he'll have a say, but he is able to concentrate on the coaching this way. As to the signings, remember that Konchesky was a stop gap for Yun, Traore and Robinson. Whilst most of us think Kpekewa is worth a gamble, a poor run at the start of his QPR career could be the end of him, so I guess the management wanted someone more experienced. Not the best admittedly to date, but I understand the reasoning; at least its a loan not a permy...

Comment

Working...
                              X